Average number of partners at different age brackets?

herewegoagain

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow I guess I am really am just a loser. Do I need double digit numbers to be a real man? Because that will never happen even if I wanted it to. I think 10 before 20 is really well **excessive , but I guess just different attitudes. I am not about hooking with random people, just people I really care about.

3 at 23. We took anonymous surveys in my human sexuality course in college, and some of the 19-20 year old girls in the class had slept with upwards of fifty people. It freaks me out. I don't understand how anyone can have sex with that many people.

Well 50 people, even for the guys is a pretty high number for a 19 year old, imho. It's up to people how many people they have sex with, but bear in mind it's not risk free.

The more people you sleep with, unless it is all virgins, the more chance you have of catching a STD... Bear in mind too, we have some vicious STDs now.. you cannot get rid of them. I'd hate to catch herpes or the other one.. HPV, that causes cancer.

And even if you use a condom you can still contact HPV, cuz it can be outside the area that condom covers. Scary stuff, ain't it?

Well, I agree Carl... "Still, it puts a massive question mark over long term relationships, marriage even children. With the lowering of morality and anything being acceptable, we may aswell just abolish marriage altogether. Divorce rates are soaking every year, ppl just love to shag around hheh.

I'm sitting on the fence though. Knowing your partner has had multiple partners, makes it almost impossible to trust them and form any kind of real bond. lol i can't take relationships at all seriously, they've almost gone. I find it hard to date atm knowing in my heart, there is no emotion or any realistic chance of anything long term- its all seems rather absurd and pointless."

People just act very weird now imho. There is hardly no such thing as guys wanting girlfriends anymore it seems to a large degree, they just want a sex buddy! Yuk, I would never go for that.... That just seems like you are putting your heart int he closet and asking for heartbreak and trouble.

And yeah, if people are so passé about whom they sleep with, it sure is darn hard to trust them, they won't sleep around, and two, they won't sleep around and give you a STD!

So hard to find true luv now. I hate today's culture.. It's gone to the dogs.. I blame the stupid media... all the blatant sexual ads and stuff like "girls Gone Wild" I'd like to throttle that guy personally, he's pondscum!

All that does is promote promiscuity... it's not like people don't want to have sex, but to have it with whomever whenver however all the time.. not too smart in my opinion.

See I hate this question, and it irks me. I'm 23, and I'll be honest I've been with 2 people. Both GF's (First one was 1.5 years, last relationship 4 years), I wont have sex with a girl unless I'm dating her. Dont get me wrong, I'm freaky as can be, but i really like being comfortable with someone before sleeping with them. Develop an emotional connection ya know? I'm just weird I guess.. a dieing breed I think.

But I guess if I was to count HOW MANY times I've had sex? Jeez.. I dunno.. It would be a high number lol.

Best quote on here.

Im 18, and ive been with 2 guys, one in a 1.8 year relationship, one in a 1.5 year relationship. I totally just do not see the point of sleeping with random/meaningless blokes that i wont remember in the morning, dont get me wrong i dont have anything against it or the people that do it, its just not for me, I would/could not get any excitment or pleasure out of it.

I *think* as im 18 and dont know yet my numbers will go like this/would like them to go like this.

18- 2

20- 3/4

30- 5/6

40 -7

ish?

Good, intresting post x

My hubby was my 9th and thats the way it will stay i'm 29.

I just wanted to say it doesn't always mean people hae low self esteem or no self respect because they have had loads of partners. I see my 9 as being quite low, that siad i have no desire to add to it.

To some people sex is about love, to some people sex is about a good time....who are we to judge? xxx

wow, surveys like this make me feel like a male * * * * * .....lol

I'm 41 now, and I would suspect the number would be around 500 to 600, and maybe even higher. Now maybe that sounds terrible on its own, but you have to put it into the proper context. For example, I graduated high school in 1984, and the 80's were pretty wide open. I was a drummer in a pretty popular hair band from 83-88, and it was nothing during that time to be with 3 or 4 different girls a week, and that was considered a slow week! Sometimes 2 or 3 in the same night was commonplace. That translates to probably about 150 a year, but conservatively lets cut that in half and say 75, because sometimes I kept the same girl for a few weeks. So lets say 75 a year over those 6 years is well over 400. But hey, that was the 80's.

Since then, I guess I have mellowed quite a bit, because over the last 5 years I can only recall about 20 or 30. So that's only about 5 or 6 new women per year. And one of these days, hopefully my number will never increase again. The one woman that I truly am in love with asked me to lunch yesterday to talk (we have been going through some stuff lately over her guilt about being married when our relationship started), and I think we may have a chance to fix things. It's gonna take a little time, and a whole lot of work, but she is without a doubt worth it.

3 at 23. We took anonymous surveys in my human sexuality course in college, and some of the 19-20 year old girls in the class had slept with upwards of fifty people. It freaks me out. I don't understand how anyone can have sex with that many people.

I think really these anonymous surveys are more indicative of people either fooling around and upgrading there numbers for a joke, or upgrading there number due to embarrassments. Really, how many 20+ year olds are going to outright say "I'm a big loser and havn't even held the hand of a member of the opposite gender, much less slept with one".

So far I have only had sex with 1 person, lost it on the eve of my 19th birthday, and I am 21 and we are still together

When I was 14-15 I fooled around with a couple people, a female friend and later on a male friend, it was just touching/handjobs though...

When I was 17 I gave oral for the first time to an on again off again boyfriend.

At 19 had friends with beneifts with a guy, just oral with him. Then later had a boyfriend for 3 months, again just oral, we attempted sex but he couldn't get it in, so we gave up, then later broke up because the entire time he was cheating on me.

And now at 21 I am with the final boyfriend I got at 19, who is my first for quite few of my sexual experiences.

See I hate this question, and it irks me. I'm 23, and I'll be honest I've been with 2 people. Both GF's (First one was 1.5 years, last relationship 4 years), I wont have sex with a girl unless I'm dating her. Dont get me wrong, I'm freaky as can be, but i really like being comfortable with someone before sleeping with them. Develop an emotional connection ya know? I'm just weird I guess.. a dieing breed I think.

But I guess if I was to count HOW MANY times I've had sex? Jeez.. I dunno.. It would be a high number lol.

yesssss. we are a dying breed... ill be 25 in a month and ive been with 2. one was a boy i dated for 5.5 years and the other for 6 months. ill only have sex if in a monogamous relationship.

Archived