Average number of partners at different age brackets?

herewegoagain

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone here explain to me how something like this happens? is it just mostly one night stands or is it a LOT of breakups?

Well, I imagine they're girls that started at 14-15 years old, and you know how kids that age sometimes have a new boyfriend every 2-3 weeks. If you figure 1 every 3 weeks between 15 and 18, that's about 52 partners in three years.

How much must you not value yourself or your body if you can just pounce on every guy you meet? I'll never understand it. Oh well - to each his/her own.

See I hate this question, and it irks me. I'm 23, and I'll be honest I've been with 2 people. Both GF's (First one was 1.5 years, last relationship 4 years), I wont have sex with a girl unless I'm dating her. Dont get me wrong, I'm freaky as can be, but i really like being comfortable with someone before sleeping with them. Develop an emotional connection ya know? I'm just weird I guess.. a dieing breed I think.

But I guess if I was to count HOW MANY times I've had sex? Jeez.. I dunno.. It would be a high number lol.

• 3 weeks later...
I would think it would be higher for men than for women, but I could be wrong about that.

What kind of logic is this? Assuming that we are talking about Americans, no sex takes place with people out of America, and everyone is straight, then the number of partners for men and women should be exactly the same.

What kind of logic is this? Assuming that we are talking about Americans, no sex takes place with people out of America, and everyone is straight, then the number of partners for men and women should be exactly the same.

You're right. The average would be the same. What I was thinking was more that there would be a few women who bring the average up. In other words, I think there are some women out there with extremely high numbers. So let's say you took out the top 5% of men and women, and then took the average, men would be higher. Or the mode or median for men would be higher.

it's just a guess though. Thanks for the correction.

Also I don't see how these estimates are so unbelievable to some. Americans are pretty disgusting with how often they have sex. I'm a virgin and I'm debating whether or not to have premarital sex, but I think what's happening is utterly disturbing. The average age people lose their virginity is around 14? That's messed up. There's no way people are mentally ready to take on the responsiblity of sex at such a young age.

For people who don't go to college I would say the average isn't that high. Maybe 5 at age 20.

For people who go to a big state school I would say the average is 10 by 20. Keep in mind that if we include oral sex then this is higher. I know some of my friends at state schools hook up with a new person basically every other weekend. If everyone is drunk at parties then this is bound to happen.

For people who go to small private schools I would say the average is around 5, or less.

It's strange how much education comes into play, but it does. Hooking up is the goal of many people who go to college parties.

20 1 was with him for 1.5 yrs

21.5-22 1 was with for 8 months

23-4 one night stands

24-26 1 have been with for 18 months

7 total

i actually was not sure wether or night this was a high number or not. I was a cop for six years and i have worked with all guys, so their numbers were very high compared to mine. The only other girl is my age and she has ha dover 80 partners.

Wow.. I find it amazing that people can remember so many.

0-32: 0

32-33: +1 one day she asked why I didn't wait until I was married.. weeks later broke up with me after saying she regretted it and has baggage. :sad:

I think it is easier for women than men or maybe its easier for attractive people -vs- not so attractive.

19 - 2 (just oral)

21 - 1 (this could be my "first", but many people would probably say it didn't even count)

22 - 1 (just oral)

23 - 2 (a brief relationship and a 1-nighter)

25/26 - 1 (my gf)

So, approaching age 27, I've had sexual activity with 7 girls. If only counting intercourse, 3-4. My gf became "active" at age 15 and has had at least twice the partners I have.

My number is quite low mostly down to confidence issues. Still, they may aswell abolish the words love and relationship from the dictionary. Were gone back to are animalistic ways in the last half century which isn't such a bad idea. You make aswell change the word relationship, to friendship with added extras) I read 99% of the animal kingdom don't have monogamous relationships, so why should be any different.

Still, it puts a massive question mark over long term relationships, marriage even children. With the lowering of morality and anything being acceptable, we may aswell just abolish marriage altogether. Divorce rates are soaking every year, ppl just love to shag around hheh.

I'm sitting on the fence though. Knowing your partner has had multiple partners, makes it almost impossible to trust them and form any kind of real bond. lol i can't take relationships at all seriously, they've almost gone. I find it hard to date atm knowing in my heart, there is no emotion or any realistic chance of anything long term- its all seems rather absurd and pointless.

19 = 0

20 = 1

21 = 3

22 = 4

23+ = hopefully just 4.. me hopes

Granted my wifey has double what I have in partners, I won't lie that makes me feel a little left out/insecure.

First off, I'm going to make a bold statement, If someone has over 50 partners at 20 or heck even 25/30... that makes one wonder about their self esteem issues...

Now, listen to this. I know of a guy (know his wife round a bout ways) HAS SLEPT with over 200+ women and he's only 22...

How would you even remember all of the names...

Budman quotes:

Now, listen to this. I know of a guy (know his wife round a bout ways) HAS SLEPT with over 200+ women and he's only 22...

How would you even remember all of the names...

Budman,

Your post was funny.Hmm 200 women their names were susan,jennifer,lisa,...

for me:

17-22 = 1 (5 yr relationship)

22-26 = 1 (4 yr relationship so far)

so, total: 2, and hopefully it'll stay that way, as every day with my love is a joy in every way

I'm also quite surprised at the high numbers in young age brackets some have cited... my number is on the low side (something i'm very happy with), but most of my friends in their mid twenties are at around 6-7 partners in the Netherlands where I'm living now, and a little - but not much - higher in the UK.

• 1 year later...

I am 23 and I never regret only having had sex with 3 people in my entire life. My current gf is 18 and she's slept with 11 (including me).

Quite honestly I think that age doesn't really have anything to do with it per se as even though my gf lost her virginity around the same age I did, I still managed to resist temptation where she didn't see the need to. Personally for me I just was never ready to have sex with a girl until it was with someone I wanted to actually be with as the other girls that offered to have sex with me I could tell would want me as their bf too. Problem was I never wanted to date them and the other ones that offered set off my STD radar big time lol.

If I actually had slept with every girl that had offered it to me I would be sitting at 12 right now. As one poster had mentioned though, it seems at a younger age girls go through more bfs and thus are more likely to have higher numbers. Which sorta relates to my number too as I've only really had 4 gfs. So ya I think lower numbers is more bragging rights than higher ones cuz personally I think that shows higher character for not just putting any old key in the keyhole, know what I'm saying?

currently:

15-18: 1

18-20: 1

20-23: 3

expectedly:

23+: 3

Yes I am that hopeful that the one I'm with now is the one I'll be with forever

• 4 months later...

I'm 25 and I've only ever slept with my boyfriend (been together for 5 years). But when talking to friends it seems people like me are a very decreasing minority (people tend to get shocked)...most people have slept with at least 10 people by 25, and often a lot more if continously single.

Archived