Is this my assumption or is there something odd with this guy?

So a bit of a background, I met this guy in a dating app. I'm 37F and he is 52M, there is a bit of an age difference but he seem to have always dated younger women. We have been so far on 5 dates. Sometimes I notice, he openly checks women out when he is with me. I'm quite attractive myself and he says that to be very often. On one of the dates, we were at a club and he noticed a young girl (must be 20 not more) with mobile in her pocket with flash light on. He wanted to go and tell her about it because he said it could run her battery down and she could not get a uber back or something. The girl was almost half dressed, quite attractive and clearly a bit drunk but she wasnt alone, she had 5 friends with her. He could have left it to me to tell her or her friends to tell her, but he went really close to her and whispered something in her ears, then the girl puts her arm around him, then he points at me and says something. He got back to me and said, "you know she must be attracted to be coz he started putting her arms around me" . The whole thing I felt was unnecessary if he had left me convey it to her. 

On the second date he was telling me about an incident that he found a girl in her 20s looking at him, this is something he should have avoided mentioning it to a date. He is also nice to me so far other than these red flags. 

Is this my interpretations and jealously or is he playing up or is he really attracted to much younger girls and I should run away from this guy? 

I genuinely want an honest advice on this please. 

2 minutes ago, TanyaJo said:

but he seem to have always dated younger women

And what does that tell you? 

You are dating "the player". 52, at the clubs, always looking for younger women. Also very rude to check them, tell you about stuff like that and even talking to them when he was with you. Shows that he just doesnt care if he insults you with that or not. Because he knows he can replace you with a 20year old model tomorrow. 

Cant believe you fall for that "battery" story. Its such an obvious thing that he flirted with her. Is he rich? Is that why the conundrum about some 50 year old creeper?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

And what does that tell you? 

You are dating "the player". 52, at the clubs, always looking for younger women. Also very rude to check them, tell you about stuff like that and even talking to them when he was with you. Shows that he just doesnt care if he insults you with that or not. Because he knows he can replace you with a 20year old model tomorrow. 

Cant believe you fall for that "battery" story. Its such an obvious thing that he flirted with her. Is he rich? Is that why the conundrum about some 50 year old creeper?

I'm doing well financially than him, I just felt a little bit open minded in going for this. 

38 minutes ago, TanyaJo said:

I'm doing well financially than him, I just felt a little bit open minded in going for this. 

Do you want someone to date you because they're trying to be "open minded" -like an experiment? Not all older men are going to behave like jerks.  If you want to be open minded then sure date an individual who let's say has interests that you've never had - that you're open to learning about -maybe an arts related or sports related interest or in a certain cause, etc.  But dating someone much older and assuming it's open minded because all older men are in a similar category- just doesn't make a lot of sense.  

This individual -nothing to do with age -decided to come on sexually to another woman while on a date with you. I'd have left at that moment. Walked out.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TanyaJo said:

So a bit of a background, I met this guy in a dating app. I'm 37F and he is 52M, there is a bit of an age difference but he seem to have always dated younger women. We have been so far on 5 dates. Sometimes I notice, he openly checks women out when he is with me. I'm quite attractive myself and he says that to be very often. On one of the dates, we were at a club and he noticed a young girl (must be 20 not more) with mobile in her pocket with flash light on. He wanted to go and tell her about it because he said it could run her battery down and she could not get a uber back or something. The girl was almost half dressed, quite attractive and clearly a bit drunk but she wasnt alone, she had 5 friends with her. He could have left it to me to tell her or her friends to tell her, but he went really close to her and whispered something in her ears, then the girl puts her arm around him, then he points at me and says something. He got back to me and said, "you know she must be attracted to be coz he started putting her arms around me" . The whole thing I felt was unnecessary if he had left me convey it to her. 

On the second date he was telling me about an incident that he found a girl in her 20s looking at him, this is something he should have avoided mentioning it to a date. He is also nice to me so far other than these red flags. 

Is this my interpretations and jealously or is he playing up or is he really attracted to much younger girls and I should run away from this guy? 

I genuinely want an honest advice on this please. 

Total creep. Zero respect, always going to be leering at the 20 somethings, insecure and immature.

Dump immediately. 

• Like 2

Doesn’t matter who he’s attracted to, the fact that he made it clear he would hit on anything with two legs while on a date is all you need to know. 52 or 22, he has no respect for boundaries on a date.

Also the impotent reply comment? Really dude? Let’s stick to the OPs message not making things up.

• Like 2

I don't think I'd be insulted by the guy as much as I'd see his behavior as insecure, and I wouldn't really be attracted to someone who'd feel a need to act that way.

So I'd be kind, but I'd also not date him again. I wouldn't bother dump-splaining anything to him, because my goal wouldn't be to educate him, it would be to get away from him.

I'm surprised that you need to appeal to a message board to ask this question.

How does this all make you feel?  I would definitely feel rather insulted, but mainly, I'd feel like I would like to get away from this person as quickly as possible.  Just extremely creepy and unattractive behavior.   

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, TanyaJo said:

thank you for all the comments and recommendations. Dating is difficult so we have to kiss a lot of frogs unfortunately. I'll stay away from this guy 😞

But if true love could easily be found on every street corner it wouldn't be very special 🙂

2 hours ago, TanyaJo said:

thank you for all the comments and recommendations. Dating is difficult so we have to kiss a lot of frogs unfortunately. I'll stay away from this guy 😞

I think you can learn that there are plenty of frogs that identify themselves without needing to be kissed.  This man is one.  

• Like 1