Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

Our city is bad as well with the numbers twice as high as they were when people felt it was bad, back in March/April. But people don't seem to care this time

around like last time..does anyone else notice that? They aren't taking it as seriously and are being far more careless.

Yes. Like my very liberal friend who goes on and on on Facebook about being safe and how she is home schooling now, etc.... until she wants to go to a party or socialize (I mean of course trick or treating in groups is essential during covid)- so she posted photos of the party she attended with her young son in another state and offhandedly remarked "we mostly wore masks but since we did a temp check of everyone we didn't always".

I can't go into details but we found out last night we dodged a huge covid bullet because of our decisions in staying safe. We literally have no risk in this situation and would have had we tweaked our choices or made different choices. My husband made an ultra safe choice a few months ago right before a spike -meaning he wasn't motivated by the spike just being ultra cautious because of what happened last March/April. He was a little hesitant whether we were going too far with it but was confident. Because of his choice we are at zero risk in the current situation. I am so grateful.

we did a temp check of everyone we didn't always"

The old temperature check. Yes, I have heard loads say the same..."our temperature is fine, so we don't need to wear masks", sigh. It really is frustrating, isn't it?

I am watching the numbers climb higher and higher and honestly, am astounded by how many are still believing that the virus isn't real, or that we don't need to do anything about it, just live our lives and whoever gets sick, gets sick. Then there are the conspiracy theorists who believe they government is orchestrating a huge cover up and that we're being played for fools.

I have tried speaking logically to a few in the comment section of the newspaper, it's useless. You can't change their minds, they refuse to budge whatsoever.

The bad part? All of those people could very well make this pandemic very, very bad this winter and many lives could be lost. It scares me.

Really glad that you're safe though, Batya..zero risk is awesome. Yes, the decisions we make right now are crucial, so we have to be so careful.

Even so, like everyone else, I so badly want 'normal' back again. :(

I am willing to sacrifice hugging my precious children if it means there's even a fraction of a chance it will keep them safe if I potentially have the virus. I refuse to be selfish about that.

Thankfully the people I currently live with and who I will be living with are taking this virus seriously.

Aww it's ok , I never really posted about it , only here and there in the middle of other threads . You probably remember a poster who had a journal about a tumour - trigeminal neuralgia ..sara ..... well I have that but not a tumour , I have another version , so I have a bent vein at the base of my brain ..It has taken years to find out what all the pain was . One of the reasons I don't always come on is because sat on my lap top sets it all off ..so I have to pick and choose . Thankyou for your kind wishes x And sending all the positivity your way too .

Yeah this whole school etc thing is just not doing the job is it .... I really don't go out unless it is to get our shopping or maybe a bike ride with my camera .

Strange times eh x

I do remember Sara. Haven't seen her post in ages though. Hope she's doing well.

It makes so much sense, Pip, why it'd be difficult for you to come online at times. I'm just glad you always come back. You have a lot of buds around here. ❤️

think most of us could use some emotional support through the pandemic. To be clear this is SUPPORT , criticism and blaming is not needed.

I know some us out here are high risk or normal risk.

If you need a warm fuzzy today, I love you Virtual hug.

Needed this today as anxiety is gearing up with the numbers going on. Thank you, V, one sent right back to you. x

Holiday plans all canceled as of this morning. The plan was optimistic, perhaps naive, involving air travel and carved out when the numbers were moving in a different direction than they are today. But it's just not the time, one of those unavoidable truths that brings relief to accept, if of a melancholy variety familiar to so many these days.

In other news, my father's experience with Covid was mild, manageable, best I understand it. I think he is back at work, whatever his work is. Good to know. Strange to find comfort in being able to drift back into our long-established mode of quasi-estrangement, but the comfort it real.

Hugs to all.

Holiday plans all canceled as of this morning. The plan was optimistic, perhaps naive, involving air travel and carved out when the numbers were moving in a different direction than they are today. But it's just not the time, one of those unavoidable truths that brings relief to accept, if of a melancholy variety familiar to so many these days.

In other news, my father's experience with Covid was mild, manageable, best I understand it. I think he is back at work, whatever his work is. Good to know. Strange to find comfort in being able to drift back into our long-established mode of quasi-estrangement, but the comfort it real.

Hugs to all.

I'm glad he is all right. Hugs too.

Hugs to all.

Glad to hear your Dad got through the storm!

Who knows. Good things are born from difficult times. I think all this time on our hands has given most enough pause to reevaluate our lives and what's really important.

The door for this is cracked open.

Sorry about the holiday plans. You sure as heck aren't alone there.

I can’t be alone in this but every single day since March whether a holiday not a holiday celebration not a celebration has felt meh like absolute zero. Absolutely no joy whatsoever in anything at all.

I'm sorry :-(. We did Thanksgiving just the 3 of us last year so it won't be very different (and we ate at home last year not at a restaurant).

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, about my father.

Love the sentiment, reinvent, about this being a time for reevaluation. This is just the way I see the world—and, no matter what the world throws at me, it flexes—but I'm not without some optimism that many good things, or good shifts in spirit, are coming out of this. Do we see the fruits of all that in the spring, or is for others to see in the future? I'm okay with both those outcomes.

Sorry about the meh, joyless state, Sera. Years ago, during a very dark spell in my life, someone told me to find one small thing that brings joy, focus on it, and let it expand. Fortune cookie talk, I know, but I find it works from time to time. Down day today, for me, but I saw some parrots fly overhead not long ago—a thing that happens in Los Angeles: former pet birds, or some such, that have made a life for themselves here. They always make me smile, that adaptability: they're not supposed to be here, but there they are.

I'm letting that expand, so I'll share it here.

I'm sorry :-(. We did Thanksgiving just the 3 of us last year so it won't be very different (and we ate at home last year not at a restaurant).

We always eat at my mom’s and have a big family turkey dinner with my sibling and our kids etc. This alone stuff on holidays has never happened for us.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, about my father.

Love the sentiment, reinvent, about this being a time for reevaluation. This is just the way I see the world—and, no matter what the world throws at me, it flexes—but I'm not without some optimism that many good things, or good shifts in spirit, are coming out of this. Do we see the fruits of all that in the spring, or is for others to see in the future? I'm okay with both those outcomes.

Sorry about the meh, joyless state, Sera. Years ago, during a very dark spell in my life, someone told me to find one small thing that brings joy, focus on it, and let it expand. Fortune cookie talk, I know, but I find it works from time to time. Down day today, for me, but I saw some parrots fly overhead not long ago—a thing that happens in Los Angeles: former pet birds, or some such, that have made a life for themselves here. They always make me smile, that adaptability: they're not supposed to be here, but there they are.

I'm letting that expand, so I'll share it here.

That’s the thing I find zero joy in anything. Absolutely zero. I have hit utter despair and depression.