Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

I wrote you a reply on here Pippy, a long-ish one too and as soon as I tried posting it, my internet crashed, lol. Ah well, I basically said the same thing in my other message to you.

I am sitting here waiting for the second wave to start here as well. I know it's coming, it's only a matter of time.

People are no longer singing off their balconies or clapping for the NHS are they? They have become selfish, fed up, dangerous, and so on. Even with the guidelines, people are fighting about it, saying this whole thing is a hoax.

Sigh, I pray that it won't get bad, but I fear it might.

I never thought my life would ever get to a point where I was sweat induced shopping on Amazon, clicking buttons like a mad women and racing to be able to purchase a canister of sanitizing wipes before they disappeared off the site again, but yes, it's come to that.

I can't tell you the 'win' you feel though when you get the confirmation email, lol. Ack!

I wrote you a reply on here Pippy, a long-ish one too and as soon as I tried posting it, my internet crashed, lol. Ah well, I basically said the same thing in my other message to you.

I am sitting here waiting for the second wave to start here as well. I know it's coming, it's only a matter of time.

People are no longer singing off their balconies or clapping for the NHS are they? They have become selfish, fed up, dangerous, and so on. Even with the guidelines, people are fighting about it, saying this whole thing is a hoax.

Sigh, I pray that it won't get bad, but I fear it might.

Oh I did that the other day , I had spent a long time putting something together for someone I hadn't spoken to for a long time ...lost it all hahahah arghhhh

Yes what you have written chilled me to the bone ,... what a good description of this whole thing ...the anticipation of what people are going to do ...we have full on protests here in London of people refusing to wear masks etc , saying their rights have been taken etc etc and London is one of our main hot spots and this will have not helped matters , so I can see them getting locked down next . People are scared , people are angry , people don't believe ....people are doing what the heck they like ...I don't like it sherry xx

Remember ...we always have cake :friendly_wink:

I never thought my life would ever get to a point where I was sweat induced shopping on Amazon, clicking buttons like a mad women and racing to be able to purchase a canister of sanitizing wipes before they disappeared off the site again, but yes, it's come to that.

I can't tell you the 'win' you feel though when you get the confirmation email, lol. Ack!

hahahahaha I know right ....

I remember the day I finally got a pkt of anti bac wipes from the Sainsburys ....I heard myself shouting * yes , yes finally * and then realised , oh crap I did that out loud , anyway this other women in the aisle turned and said * I feel like you , I can't believe it * hahaha

laughing but not laughing but laughing .....it is madness for sure

hahahahaha I know right ....

I remember the day I finally got a pkt of anti bac wipes from the Sainsburys ....I heard myself shouting * yes , yes finally * and then realised , oh crap I did that out loud , anyway this other women in the aisle turned and said * I feel like you , I can't believe it * hahaha

laughing but not laughing but laughing .....it is madness for sure

I managed to get one from the local store for the first time in 3 months. My eyes watered. Now almost all the loo paper is gone again.

I managed to get one from the local store for the first time in 3 months. My eyes watered. Now almost all the loo paper is gone again.

Oh vic I did chuckle at that ....not at you ..but with you ...it literally makes you feel like that doesn't it . I have spent a fortune , the OCD right now is bigger then me and if they are double the price then so be it . The sprays , wiped and cloths we must have all bought ...wow

Yes our lot have started that sh1t up again * no pun intended* ..loo rolls all gone , but the supermarkets have got straight on top of it and we are on restrictions again .

Oh vic I did chuckle at that ....not at you ..but with you ...it literally makes you feel like that doesn't it . I have spent a fortune , the OCD right now is bigger then me and if they are double the price then so be it . The sprays , wiped and cloths we must have all bought ...wow

Yes our lot have started that sh1t up again * no pun intended* ..loo rolls all gone , but the supermarkets have got straight on top of it and we are on restrictions again .

We have been on rationing since we started. Even soda/pop is ration. Loo paper one packet per family . Soda is 2. Meat products you were only able to get one packet per type of meat per family. But I have five kids and my own family. 🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️

We are really small town so we don’t always get what the bigger cities get. And then we get people from the big cities flooding here on the weekends because we are part of a tourist area. 🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️

And then after that sometimes I'd get the cancellation email or the three months delayed then cancellation email.

That gave me anxiety.

The first time around was bad enough, I don't want to go through it again. :( My husband would go to the shop and literally there would be empty shelves, especially at the meat counter. It felt like armageddon.

Please, please, please don't have it happen again. :(

Pippy, check your messages, erm, elsewhere, okay? Thank you! I need to tell you more bs, lol.

That gave me anxiety.

The first time around was bad enough, I don't want to go through it again. :( My husband would go to the shop and literally there would be empty shelves, especially at the meat counter. It felt like armageddon.

Please, please, please don't have it happen again. :(

Pippy, check your messages, erm, elsewhere, okay? Thank you! I need to tell you more bs, lol.

oh just seen this ..trying to get on fb on laptop cos my phone has gone all wonky again ..so bear with me ..had a rough couple of days after the scan ..I think it was the travelling set it all off ...but yeah m can't wait hahaha we love our bs right x

5 new positive cases in my area. 🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️

I can’t go see my mom and brother and nieces for Thanksgiving. 😢😢😢. Never had a Thanksgiving in my life without my mother and my sibling.

I'm so sorry! We will stay in for our thanksgiving I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I told my brother I was feeling exceedingly tired. He backed away from me and said "Uh oh, you know that's a sign of Covid!" I told him I was likely to have nightmares now. He said the same old "I was just trying to lighten things up!" WHY do people always say that??? People with anxiety are not cured by people making jokes about their illness. Do they think it's appropriate to make cancer jokes?

A spike in my state too. The result of reopening!