Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

I decided to stay out of work again today. My nose is still running and I have some chest pressure, but that seems to be due to my acid reflux since I can breathe fine and I have no fever or cough. I cannot expose my coworkers to cold symptoms. I feel irresponsible instead of responsible since I seldom miss work and we are super busy. But I cannot frighten my team or possibly give them a cold.

Good for you, well done. Feel better soon.

Love is Blind! Watched that thinking that the show is kind of a gonzo distillation of so much of the severe sideways stuff we encounter on this site. Momentarily considered starting a thread about it, back in a different world. In this one? Have you seen that some people started a little internet show called Love is Quarantine? It's amusing.

A few things I just want to say, following this thread:

1. Appreciate all of you. Big time.

2. Fudgie? THANK YOU.

3. Bolt? Rest, take care of yourself. I know that guilt well, and am currently in a position, with all that's going on, where my own work is simply impossible. The loss of money is real and staggering, as is the sense of being a ship without a keel, for moment. A strange feeling, but I'm trying to make a point of just adjusting to it, since the other options are just not as healthy. For me, for others.

Is the cure worse than the disease? It's an interesting question, Wise. We talk a lot on this site, in a micro sense, about what stress and conflict reveals about people, about how challenging it is to sit with uncertainty. Right now we're seeing that on as macro a scale as it gets. Head-spinning, but also heart-warming. For everyone rushing to buy a gun to guard their Amazon deliveries, there are others—probably more—doing something kind, something brave, helping themselves by helping another.

Nice wallpaper, reinvent.

Good question. A bit of both maybe, people seem to be reacting in all sorts of ways. Some are stockpiling, some are getting in survivalist mode, some are following CDC and WHO recommendations which then come down as mandates such as closed business or quarantines. Some of us are seeing the grim realities both in media ans supermarkets, empty streets etc.

Agree with Blue, it's great Seraphim created a thread like this with foresight. People recount their experiences which informs, personalizes and makes you realize in this particular case.. that you are indeed NotAlone.

I wonder if most of us still are not grasping the gravity of what is to come.

I've made the decision to go to urgent care. My throat hurts worse and I am starting to have to make a little more effort to breathe. They pre-screened me over the phone and said I only have one of the criteria (breathing) but they said I could come in to see if they think I need to be sent to the hospital to be tested.

I'm worried because I was in California 12 days ago and the cases there have blown up.

I've made the decision to go to urgent care. My throat hurts worse and I am starting to have to make a little more effort to breathe. They pre-screened me over the phone and said I only have one of the criteria (breathing) but they said I could come in to see if they think I need to be sent to the hospital to be tested.

I'm worried because I was in California 12 days ago and the cases there have blown up.

I hope you are ok hun!! Praying .

Thinking of you, bolt, and sending all the vibes your way—eastward, I'm assuming, since I'm out here on the continent's edge in California myself.

Thank you. Currently at the urgent care. Surprisingly quiet as everyone is at the ER.

Hope you are well, Blue.

Hi guys! So after yelling at me for coming in when I didn't need to (according to her) the doctor examined me. No fever, no chest congestion or lung fluid, no swollen lymph nodes and no sign of infection in my throat or tonsils. She diagnosed me with a run of the mill upper respiratory virus and prescribed rest, fluids and over the counter cold meds.

You have no idea how relieved I am! I had told her even a strep throat diagnosis would be a relief but I didn't even have that.

Thanks for your well wishes. I will continue to self-quarantine, only going out when absolutely necessary and I will not go into work Monday if I'm still feeling unwell because there's no need to spread even a common virus around.

Hi guys! So after yelling at me for coming in when I didn't need to (according to her) the doctor examined me. No fever, no chest congestion or lung fluid, no swollen lymph nodes and no sign of infection in my throat or tonsils. She diagnosed me with a run of the mill upper respiratory virus and prescribed rest, fluids and over the counter cold meds.

You have no idea how relieved I am! I had told her even a strep throat diagnosis would be a relief but I didn't even have that.

Thanks for your well wishes. I will continue to self-quarantine, only going out when absolutely necessary and I will not go into work Monday if I'm still feeling unwell because there's no need to spread even a common virus around.

Thank goodness!!!

I'm glad you went, Bolt.

My son is stuck at the station and unable to come home. Today is day 4. 14 firefighters have been exposed and are sent home for quarantine. He just text me that the national guard are now patrolling the adjacent city to me.

I went to Amazon to order a puzzle. Aside from delivery dates being pushed way back, I didn't plan on spending upwards to 50 dollars for one. . hmmmm There are some less expensive ones. I just didn't anticipate how much they were.

Good news :)

I'd love to hear more ideas on good things people are doing. I've got free time and am not overloaded with work or care duties.

I had contacted my community center , which is now closed but the skeleton crew of volunteers is still going mostly from their homes. They have a grocery, meal prep and delivery program going for those who can not leave home and/or are struggling ( mostly focusing on the elderly ). One lady is doing a FaceTime bingo - pretty cute!

I'm baking fresh loaves of bread with notes because a) it's therapeutic for me b) I know a bunch of the regular senior attendees there and they always loved receiving it before c) I don't know what else to do! Lol.

I saw a sad vid about animals who are suffering during this too, being discarded or neglected, hurt my heart so much. Maybe if any of you know a way to reach those little guys?

hooray!!! feel better!!

Ugh I just really need to continue my "don't comment on hot button issues" on covid 19 -venting here -A pregnant mom in her 20s married to a guy same age-ish lives near me. I don't know her other than via FB moms group. Apparently her husband "doesn't believe in Covid 19" and is still driving to a wedding in a neighboring state a couple of hours away. Why? Because according to her he has "no choice" because he is a groomsman. Huh?? What's this no choice stuff about. I did respond and told her I knew I might be putting in my two cents too much. But I was concerned about her unborn baby. Why would someone behave this way? (I guess the neighboring state is sill allowing large events. Ours is not).