I'm Pregnant!

Heather Dawn

Well, it has been a very strange month for me. If you've read any of my job threads, you know that I quit a vile job, got a job offer at a prestigious company and then turned it down to start my own agency.

Change of plans again - yesterday, I found out I was pregnant!!!!!

Turns out, while I thought my period was late due to stress, it was actually because I've got a little person cooking inside me! Two home pregnancy tests (one regular, one digital) and two doctor's office tests (urine and blood) confirm that I'm pregnant with my first child!!!

My SO and I are BEYOND excited. We haven't been trying, nor have we been preventing - this was a total surprise, as I certainly had not been even thinking about it for the last couple of weeks, thanks to all the work stress.

Of course, this means the timing for starting my own agency isn't exactly great - but the amazing thing is that the company whose offer I turned down did NOT want to take no for an answer. They asked to meet with me again, anyway, upped their offer (not even knowing that money wasn't the original reason), and I accepted!

So now I have a new job I'm very excited about AND a new baby on the way! My agency is on hold - or at least, I'll do it on a project-by-project basis when I have time - but I feel like a new baby is a pretty decent excuse.

WHAT A MONTH I'M HAVING.

By the way, first ultrasound is on January 4th - wish us luck!!!

The universe has quite the sense of humor! Congrats!

It certainly does! And thank you!

Seems that Mother Nature of nudged you into one decision, huh? haha. Are you going to start prenatal vitamins soon? Very happy for you and your boyfriend.

Yes! It's weird because I'd started having second thoughts about declining the job offer in favor of starting my own business, and now I'm wondering if that was some instinctual thing.

Started pre-natals yesterday, as soon as I left the doctor's office.

It's funny, in retrospect, I've been having a lot of symptoms - but because I wasn't thinking about it and was so focused on the job situation, I didn't connect them.

Anyway, thanks, Fudgie!

Well, it has been a very strange month for me. If you've read any of my job threads, you know that I quit a vile job, got a job offer at a prestigious company and then turned it down to start my own agency.

Change of plans again - yesterday, I found out I was pregnant!!!!!

Turns out, while I thought my period was late due to stress, it was actually because I've got a little person cooking inside me! Two home pregnancy tests (one regular, one digital) and two doctor's office tests (urine and blood) confirm that I'm pregnant with my first child!!!

My SO and I are BEYOND excited. We haven't been trying, nor have we been preventing - this was a total surprise, as I certainly had not been even thinking about it for the last couple of weeks, thanks to all the work stress.

Of course, this means the timing for starting my own agency isn't exactly great - but the amazing thing is that the company whose offer I turned down did NOT want to take no for an answer. They asked to meet with me again, anyway, upped their offer (not even knowing that money wasn't the original reason), and I accepted!

So now I have a new job I'm very excited about AND a new baby on the way! My agency is on hold - or at least, I'll do it on a project-by-project basis when I have time - but I feel like a new baby is a pretty decent excuse.

WHAT A MONTH I'M HAVING.

By the way, first ultrasound is on January 4th - wish us luck!!!

Yes, what a month! How are you feeling?

If you don't mind me asking, why is it is a total surprise if you were not using birth control? Did you think one of you were sterile? (If you weren't preventing it, but weren't "trying", I would think that meant you weren't having sex. Then it would be a surprise!)

Yes, what a month! How are you feeling?

If you don't mind me asking, why is it is a total surprise if you were not using birth control? Did you think one of you were sterile? (If you weren't preventing it, but weren't "trying", I would think that meant you weren't having sex. Then it would be a surprise!)

LOL!

We weren't using protection - but that's been the case for the last four years (we were letting nature decide, hence the not ACTIVELY trying - which would mean paying attention to timing, charting, etc. - but certainly not preventing) and it hadn't yet happened. We'd both been tested a year or so ago and nothing was found that would indicate infertility, yet I wasn't getting pregnant. We decided to leave it up to fate, and I stopped even thinking about it - but I'm starting to believe it was purely timing all these years. I track my periods via an app, and have a general idea about when I'm fertile, and we almost always miss that window (at least in regard to having sex every other day that week, which is ideal). But we happened (not on purpose) to do just that this time and - boom - pregnant!

I feel pretty good! Prior to finding out, I'd noticed I was burping a lot (lol), had a bit of heartburn, was feeling very bloated, my bra felt like it was digging into my ribcage, and I had some extra cervical mucus (enough where I actually thought my period had arrived one day, only to find out it was CM). I still have all that going on (plus sore nipples), but now I know why!

CONGRATS! So you are going to take the agency's job offer ... sounds like very good stability for you.

Best of luck!!

I am! It's actually the digital arm of The Boston Globe! So definitely stable.

And thank you!!! To everyone! Now if I can just quell my nerves until my first ultrasound on Jan 4th! Trying not to be a worry wort!

Archived