Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Last movie you watched?, Part 2

Ac143

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

Wow, that one would be worth seeing in the theaters and it made me understand what went down there, really. Even though the CIA says certain things don't happen the book the film is based on, and the men who were there, say yes it did happen pretty much like that.

It makes me realize how silly our little problems are, they had to survive the world literally exploding around them out of nowhere. Incredible.

Funny, I just watched this too. Great film. I was so upset that they couldn't get more support.

• 2 weeks later...
I watched "A Few Good Men" last night with Tom Cruise. First time watching the whole thing!

I was never crazy about TC, but man he was GOOD in that movie!

And Jack Nicholson -- "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

Intense but GOOD!

I've always thought Tom Cruise is a great actor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw "Split" and all I can say is James MacAvoy can act, lord can that man A-C-T!

Plus a shout out to the Unbreakable universe at the end - another favorite movie. True confession time, I love M. Night Shamalyan movies, all of them even yes the ones that were panned by critics. He just does stories no one else does. Lady in the Water is another favorite people hated, because they thought they were getting a horror flick. Jokes on them, it was a modern day fairy tale. A good one thank you very much.

I think I'll rewatch that one tonight and Unbreakable again too. Two faves and when Split comes out I'll get that one too.

I know, the whole yeah, you guys are on your own thing was upsetting. I bought the book, because I'm sure it tells much more of the story. Now I just have to find time to read it...

Book review when you're finished? Or perhaps a thumbs up or down will suffice.

Unbroken. It reminded me of how much we take for granted, our freedoms, how quickly entire nations can turn against each other. How frigging tough it is to break the human spirit!

And Scoe, get the book - 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi. It's a great read, chock full of details. I give it to two thumbs up along with the movie.