Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Last movie you watched?, Part 2

Ac143

The Dead Girl starring Brittany Murphy, Toni Collette, Giovannia Ribisi and a whole other host of excellent actors and actresses-those three were just my favorites in the film.

This movie, man it got under my skin. It is a quiet little film that probably shows more truth about the ripple effects of a murder than any TV police procedural ever can. And Brittany Murphy, I teared up just watching her, because she was such a wonderful actress. She's so vulnerable and sweet and tough and defiant in that film, and you just cry watching her because she captured the story of women all over the world who end up in desperate lives after being irrevocably damaged by sexual abuse.

This is not a happy film. I will probably never watch it again, can't actually, but like American History X it's one of those films that has imprinted itself on to my psyche. And weirdly enough in a good way, because it makes you want to change the world for the better.

Suicide Squad. 7/10. Margot Robbie is a great Harley, Will Smith was a good Deadshot, and I really liked and hope to see more of Jared Leto as the Joker.

I'm with you dude. It wasn't as bad as others say. 3/5 for entertainment value.

Jason Bourne though. Ugh. 2/5. Disappointment.

Also saw "The Intern" with Deniro and Anne Hathaway. Very cute and sweet. 4/5. (Minus one star for Anne Hathaway's husband in the movie.)

• 2 weeks later...
The coming attractions for this looked hilarious. I heard it was a little disappointing, though.

I thought it was brilliant. . A bit over the top with sex scenes. .. but typical of the star's that do the voice overs...

I couldn't stop laughing and cringe laughing.. good if one's not a prude as it is norty..

The Trials at Nuremberg.

Riveting. On many levels.

My heart races with the ethical tensions, the frailty combined with the frightening power of humanity. "Where is the responsibility of the Vatican... of Churchill in 1938... of those American industrialists..." It is not the same, the defense argument is flawed. Nonetheless, the gist is on the mark. And the acting crew.

What does it feel like to the actor who plays one of the German leaders on trial, who later played Colonel Clink on Hogan's Heroes.

"This trial has shown that... ordinary men, even extraordinary men, can delude themselves into crimes..."

The fear itself. The fear of what may be within any one of us.