Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Last movie you watched?, Part 2

Ac143

i loved that book, and the Hughes poem. Had no idea there was a movie.

I never read the book. I heard of it, but never read it. I looked up the book when I found out (yesterday) that there was also a movie and found out more stuff I didn't know! It's all so interesting. Makes me happy when I find out new and cool stuff like that.

Guardians of the galaxy 2...

I'm a massive nerd!

Prior to this, I watched a movie called Under the Skin...

What a messed up movie that is!

If you like psychologically mind bending weirdness, try it. It certainly kept my brain ticking for a couple of days...

has anyone watched the labyrinth with david bowie? is it worth 2 hours of one's time?

I didn't particularly like it. But I had a crush on David Bowie so I secretly liked watching him (I was probably 10 years old and hated admitting to a crush)!

I preferred Legend, with Tom Cruise and Mia Sara. And Tim Curry! Have you ever seen it? There are actually two distinct versions, with separate soundtracks.

I didn't particularly like it. But I had a crush on David Bowie so I secretly liked watching him (I was probably 10 years old and hated admitting to a crush)!

I preferred Legend, with Tom Cruise and Mia Sara. And Tim Curry! Have you ever seen it? There are actually two distinct versions, with separate soundtracks.

thanks! i'll try legend then
I started watching it, but after 5 minutes couldn't get into it. Would you recommend giving it another shot?

It's very weird. If you're not into weird movies like that, then no. I'm having a hard time coming up with another movie to compare it to. Maybe someone here can come up with something comparable.

stephen king's the stand (the plague part). other than momma abigail and rob lowe's character i hated everyone and everything about it.

trash.

all those "stephen king is a genious" people...not my people.

I read most of that book when I was 14. The unabridged version. About 25 pages from the end, I tapped into the box of white zinfandel that my stepmother had on the kitchen counter. Several glasses (aka plastic cups) later, I zonked out and never, ever finished the book or watched the movie.

It's been 26 years since then, holy cow.

I enjoy his writing a lot. But I think he has a hard time ending his stories, so the endings are often awkwardly done and occasionally he resorts to the same tricks. But his character development is awesome.