Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

And I just say everything is my fault, because if I don't, everyone thinks I hate all women or something if I dislike anything any woman ever does. So now I just hide in here and in Journals.

Hahaha, but don't you have a doppleganger somewhere or an evil twin you can blame it all on? I do actually. I am not making that up. I have another woman in L.A. who looked enough like me for people to mistake me for her all the time. And yeah, she was kind of evil. Someone showed me a pic of her once and yup, dead ringer for me. If it weren't the fact my parents had five siblings after me I'd have sworn we were twins separated at birth. I never did get to meet her though I wanted to.

And don't feel bad Superman. I complain about other women a lot too. I sometimes see and hear things and I just do not envy what some poor guy is going through. Yesterday's rant was primarily towards two of my female friends, and then my second oldest son started in moaning about the crazy woman he's dating now, the one I told him was going to be nothing but trouble.

In hindsight probably none of us is perfect. Except my cat, he will of course tell me every chance he gets that HE is total perfection and I must therefore bow down before the kittah. And I do. I'm a total sucker for the little fluffball and we both know it.

And even that can go both ways. See, I learned to just stay in Off Topic lol. And I just say everything is my fault, because if I don't, everyone thinks I hate all women or something if I dislike anything any woman ever does. So now I just hide in here and in Journals.

"Well that's just your experience." Well of course it is. Whose else would it be

Just ignore them. Most of them seem to just post on forums all day, forcing their opinion on every thread.

We pay that for FFE's in America (farm fresh eggs). Whole Foods gets their eggs from egg farms in the Midwest.

I've generally noticed that food prices in the US are considerably lower than here.

The UK is similar, even if you account for the differences in the value of the US dollar, the British pound and the Australian dollar.

Also, we don't get spinach in a massive 1m X 1m pack.

I do love that about our spinach!

And I think you are right on food costs here --- our entire interior of the USA is farm country and what we don't grow we import from Mexico without much in additional shipping costs.

Quantities of food are huge in the US - which is great if it is fresh produce, chicken, fish and other healthy foods. Not so good if it is junk food.

Transportation is probably a big factor in Australia's high food costs, I guess. It's a large country and I live in one of the most isolated capitals in the world.

Criminey, free help doesn't mean good or helpful necessarily! I want to be appreciative, but sometimes it's just over the top nit picky junk that makes me want to slam my head into a wall until I loose consciousness.

Speaking of I am terrified I am actively getting dumber by the day; as over the last few years I have developed a bit of a situational speech impediment, that seems to be spreading to more regular conversations.

In the tiny houses?! I would get concussions living in one of those...But man, living off the grid..Sounds pretty nice to me.

They won't go for it because it's too small ,too claustrophobic and because I'm asthmatic they don't want to be off grid in case I have a breathing issue.