Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

I don't really like people. Which conflicts with my humanitarian views or...I don't know, goals?

I guess my thoughts are - I think all people should be given equal opportunity, have a roof over their heads, not go hungry, be safe, etc.

Doesn't mean I have to like them.

Ha! This is exactly me.

My "views" are based on a love for humanity, but I kinda hate people.

Ha! This is exactly me.

My "views" are based on a love for humanity, but I kinda hate people.

Ok, it's not just me. I feel like with how I think, I should be like the people whisperer. But I'm not. I mostly just want them to shut up, they say too many damaging things.

Lol, I have a screwed view.

Ok, it's not just me. I feel like with how I think, I should be like the people whisperer. But I'm not. I mostly just want them to shut up, they say too many damaging things.

Lol, I have a screwed view.

I just want people to wake up.

Unfortunately, I can't elaborate. Breach the "no politics" rule, which only seems to apply to my viewpoint and no one else's.

Just get on with this damn new year's thing already. I wasn't this bad of a scrooge for Christmas as I am New years...And that STUPID SONG, you can't get away from it. People talking about fresh starts and all this and then we're back to the drawing board on Monday doing what we've been doing for 10 years. 1 more hour, hurry up with this.

6 years ago tonight - Dancing in the kitchen with then-boyfriend to big band music, stepping all over each other's toes, sampling the dozen cheeses we bought from a recent road trip to Wisconsin.

Fast forward to tonight - Eating a fruit plate, furrowing my eyebrows, listening to my kid snore and generally feeling like a crotchety hag.

Hmm.

Oh yes! I am definitely hag material tonight. I even look the part, what with my hair in giant curlers and my glasses sliding off my nose. I'm even wearing a mumu(I don't know why they get a bad rep, they're really comfortable. I wouldn't leave the house in one but I'm saying). All I need is the broomstick to chase away the kids off my lawn.