Open Club  ·  45 members

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

If you pretended to have certain qualities as a person long enough would you really have them? or would it just be just like a false personality to cover your character? Then again i suppose alot of peoples personality does that anyways... ok just the first question then..

Does anyone else sort of not like audiobooks, because you can't skim or speed-read?

Exactly! Not to mention hampering my ability to immerse myself in the story by imagining the voices of the characters for myself. It's just the worst and I hate it when people give me audiobooks telling me, "I know you love to read and write, so I got you this great book..."

Sigh, I know it's the gift that counts, but really I don't want to be read to like I'm two again. Unless it's my son done with funny voices--he's the master of that.

Random thought: I think I'm just going to stick to the Off topic section here for awhile. I feel like I'm in a war zone lately and the world is dark enough without some of the crap I've been seeing lately.

I'm starting to feel like I'm shouting into a void and nothing is even being heard, so what's the point? Bleh. Mood, dark.

Random thought: I think I'm just going to stick to the Off topic section here for awhile. I feel like I'm in a war zone lately and the world is dark enough without some of the crap I've been seeing lately.

I'm starting to feel like I'm shouting into a void and nothing is even being heard, so what's the point? Bleh. Mood, dark.

Yep, that's what I do. This and Journals, that is. "You hate all women!" "You hate all men! "

Whoa. Hey. Hey.

Yep, that's what I do. This and Journals, that is. "You hate all women!" "You hate all men! "

Whoa. Hey. Hey.

Yup, unfortunately the advice giver in me has a big mouth. Sighs. It's rough to be a frustrated wannabe therapist, but I just don't have the stomach for being the real deal. I tried.

On a separate note, just reached the end of Jessica Jones on Netflix. Outstanding ending to the show! No cliffhangers, and thank you Netflix for that gift, but I still want more. Sigh, now I need to find something else to watch and stretch out and savor before it ends leaving me waiting another bloody year.

Well, that's a wonderful little bomb dropped into my lap now isn't it? I have no idea how to process this, so I'm wide awake in the middle of the night freaking out. With an elderly woman in pain that the hospital didn't want to take. Thanks man, thanks a lot.

Our healthcare system is soooo broken.

Ugh, so now that I may go to my first New Years Eve Party in years I find I will likely be working that day, which given the scope will be 12-13 hours. Then have to drive 1.5 hours to the party. Too many variables outside my control on this, and I all wanted was to spend time with friends. Haha, best laid plans.

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• How to tell if a Man REALLY Cares About You (or not!)
      Learn a SUPER easy way to tell if a guy is trying to build a real relationship with you... or if he's just attracted to you and wanting something casual. Does he really love me? How do I know if he wants a relationship? Is he just looking to hook up? I get asked questions like these ALL THE TIME by clients, students and women in my life... so I created a video explaining the KEY QUESTION to ask to determine what a man truly wants, and 5 ways to spot his true motives in his actions.

• 0 replies
    • Will a good man do this for his woman if he loves her?
      Will a good man do this for his woman if he loves her? What to expect from a “GOOD MAN” Some emotional think good men are hard to find. Many women think god men longer exist. As a dating coach I’ve found that the expectations we have and the standards we establish play a big big part in if we will ever find love or marriage. Women often take crap from men because their standards are low. Low standards lead to a lot of romance and sexual engagement but very few quality relationships. The equal and opposite extreme is just as much if a hindrance though. Women having standards that are too high for men to live up to often lead to women failing to find the love they are desperately hoping for. Some women are saving themselves for marriage. For them dating can be even harder because less men these days are willing to wait. In this video we discuss if a good man is willing to wait till marriage.

• 0 replies
    • Prevent Male Manipulation From The Start!!! (First Date Strategies)
      Prevent Male Manipulation From The Start!!! (First Date Strategies)
      • 0 replies
    • Doing THIS Ruins Intimacy With Your Ex
      In this video Clay Andrews discusses the primary cause of a lack of intimacy between you and your ex. There is a lot of advice out there that will tell you that you need to put on an act or play hard to get with your ex in order to get them to like you. However, how are they supposed to actually connect with you and feel an intimate connection if you’re not being honest and transparent yourself? More so, why would they be open and honest with you if you’re putting on an act and pretending to be something or someone you are not? One of the biggest factors in creating intimacy is being willing to take the first step and showing that you are able to pen up yourself.

• 0 replies
    • What it takes to be truly brave - it’s not what you think
      What it takes to be truly brave - it’s not what you think
      • 0 replies