Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

If you pretended to have certain qualities as a person long enough would you really have them? or would it just be just like a false personality to cover your character? Then again i suppose alot of peoples personality does that anyways... ok just the first question then..

Does anyone else sort of not like audiobooks, because you can't skim or speed-read?

Exactly! Not to mention hampering my ability to immerse myself in the story by imagining the voices of the characters for myself. It's just the worst and I hate it when people give me audiobooks telling me, "I know you love to read and write, so I got you this great book..."

Sigh, I know it's the gift that counts, but really I don't want to be read to like I'm two again. Unless it's my son done with funny voices--he's the master of that.

Random thought: I think I'm just going to stick to the Off topic section here for awhile. I feel like I'm in a war zone lately and the world is dark enough without some of the crap I've been seeing lately.

I'm starting to feel like I'm shouting into a void and nothing is even being heard, so what's the point? Bleh. Mood, dark.

Random thought: I think I'm just going to stick to the Off topic section here for awhile. I feel like I'm in a war zone lately and the world is dark enough without some of the crap I've been seeing lately.

I'm starting to feel like I'm shouting into a void and nothing is even being heard, so what's the point? Bleh. Mood, dark.

Yep, that's what I do. This and Journals, that is. "You hate all women!" "You hate all men! "

Whoa. Hey. Hey.

Yep, that's what I do. This and Journals, that is. "You hate all women!" "You hate all men! "

Whoa. Hey. Hey.

Yup, unfortunately the advice giver in me has a big mouth. Sighs. It's rough to be a frustrated wannabe therapist, but I just don't have the stomach for being the real deal. I tried.

On a separate note, just reached the end of Jessica Jones on Netflix. Outstanding ending to the show! No cliffhangers, and thank you Netflix for that gift, but I still want more. Sigh, now I need to find something else to watch and stretch out and savor before it ends leaving me waiting another bloody year.

Ugh, so now that I may go to my first New Years Eve Party in years I find I will likely be working that day, which given the scope will be 12-13 hours. Then have to drive 1.5 hours to the party. Too many variables outside my control on this, and I all wanted was to spend time with friends. Haha, best laid plans.