Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

""There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know".  

"Desperation is like stealing from the Mafia: you stand a good chance of attracting the wrong attention." Douglas Horton

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On foot of a dreadful shooting a day or so ago in Plymouth (U.K.) and reading the report about the killer (who also shot himself)I feel not enough importance and attention is given to this disturbing issue:

"https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/minority-report/202007/the-incel-ideology"

"When Incels (Involuntary Celibates) or those with "Incel-like" tendencies come into my office or ask about my services, they will often first distance themselves from describing themselves as extreme Incels as some have been associated with misogynistic, angry, and violent men who endorse killing men and women based on their sexual frustrations."

Also known as NEETS (Not in Education, Employment or Training), basement dwelling, unkempt and socially isolated white men.

The report on the shooting mentioned:

"In the online videos Jake Davison said he was socially isolated, struggled to meet women and made references to "incels" - the misogynistic online groups of "involuntary celibate" men, who blame women for their sexual failings and who have been linked to a number of violent acts around the world."

Here is Davison again:

"He also alludes to a financial dispute with his mother over benefit money that he felt he was owed because he claimed he had autism. A month ago, he wrote: “Luckly i got PIP money because i legit have autism which i should have taken from my mother at 18 years old really but like an idiot she manipulated and guilt tripped me in lettering her have it until at 22 i decided enough is enough and i took it from her.”"

He also shot a three year old girl in his insane murdering spree.

Incels are caricatured as NEETS (Not in Education, Employment or Training), basement dwelling, unkempt and socially isolated white men.

13 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

That thought crossed my mind as well.  Life happens and people move on.

However at times the site is difficult to navigate and often it's more like a youtube channel than a forum discussion format.

I figured out how to weed out the "articles" so they don't show up in my feed. I'm sure the intention is good but I found them excessive and distracting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The guy I have (now it's had) a crush on ignored my message for several days, then left me on read. WTH, I deserved to be treated better. Especially since we're not strangers. Totally fine, if feelings aren't mutual but this 'ghosting' on purpose rubbish is immature. Earlier last week we had been chatting casually - everything seemed okay. He was being polite. Then, suddenly he pulls this sort of passive-aggressive garbage instead of behaving like an adult.

I deserved to be treated better.

Just needed to vent, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be a list where we could post stuff others have said that have impacted us on this forum, I can't find it, so I'll post it here.

2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Most people are over reacting right now because the inconsequential things are all they have. Most of our lives have disappeared before our eyes. Everything seems dramatic and people are willing to die on any hill. 

Absolutely love this! It's so evident, but when you're going through stuff (like I am right now) you forget this. So, this was a nice reminder Seraphim! Thank you for this wonderful revelation!!

Whatever it is that we're going through right now, most likely it's not as bleak as it looks. Everything does really seem dramatic, we over exaggerate. Usually the easy and logical explanation is the correct one.

What a beautiful day! ☀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, greendots said:

There used to be a list where we could post stuff others have said that have impacted us on this forum, I can't find it, so I'll post it here.

Absolutely love this! It's so evident, but when you're going through stuff (like I am right now) you forget this. So, this was a nice reminder Seraphim! Thank you for this wonderful revelation!!

Whatever it is that we're going through right now, most likely it's not as bleak as it looks. Everything does really seem dramatic, we over exaggerate. Usually the easy and logical explanation is the correct one.

What a beautiful day! ☀️

And above all if we practice kindness right now because EVERYONE is going through vast amounts of bad things . It IS a beautiful day. Love to you .❤️

• Like 2