Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Starting Over....again.

faraday

I wanted friends and figured, I don't want anything formal...you know...let's meet at a 5 star...I'll wear a vest, and we'll discuss turmoil in the economic world, and I'll occasionally throw out a quote, and then we'll smugly look at each other and bid each other farewell.

Nah, not for me, I wanted something more casual.

So I went on Craigslist and found casual encounters!! Perfect...casual meetups, and make friends, awesome, I can even pick two friends at once. BOY did I misunderstand Jimmy when he said he is looking to meat a great guy that wants to cut to the chase and just have fun.

Hahahaha loved this post

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

faraday we should start up an upper eschalant eharmony friend site. Make it a pay site, and have a formula to put people together.

I guarantee you one of these will take off soon!

Or even just a friend rental, that'd be cool. Pay someone with your choice of personality that has to be nice to you.

Then we can cross advertise with my puppy rental website for single guys.

I think they have "pay someone to be who you want them to be and be nice to you" places. I just think the rates might be too steep for me to not have sex with them at the end

Puppy renting could be an awesome business. Or for the serious man looking to settle down with a like minded lady, we could start a rent an adorable niece for an hour business.

So many opportunities here.

faraday we should start up an upper eschalant eharmony friend site. Make it a pay site, and have a formula to put people together.

I guarantee you one of these will take off soon!

Or even just a friend rental, that'd be cool. Pay someone with your choice of personality that has to be nice to you.

Then we can cross advertise with my puppy rental website for single guys.

Last week Jay and I had a bit of a fight. He was distant for a few days....and I kind of panicked. When he came over, he was all his normally huggy, smiley self, and I was annoyed at him for not really communicating with me all that much.

The last time this happened, he was upset because he interpreted this as "he's not allowed to have friends"...which...is totally not what I'm about. This time after I explained that I was annoyed with him for being distant...he looked at me for a minute, very confused....and said, "I didn't tell you I needed me time." He gets it!! So he decided on his own that he needs to let me know when he needs time by himself. He understands that I get it, that I'm cool with it...but that he needs to tell me that's what he's doing.

And it was fine. The world didn't explode. Voices didn't raise. I felt a huge swelling up of all that love stuff after. I felt safe. It was so nice.

In other news, Clementine had this conversation 4 days ago:

"When's the day?"

"What day?"

"The day you get married?"

"Clementine, I'm not getting married. I don't know when I will because I don't even know if I'm marrying Jay."

"So how does it work?"

"Well, the guy asks the girl to marry him, and she has to decide if she likes him enough to love him everyday forever."

"He'd be a good second dad. He'd take me skating."

"That's true, but I don't know if I'll end up with him."

"Oh. So....do you need me to talk to Jay about getting a day?"

lol. Omg.

Then a few days later:

"So if a mom owns a home, and a dad owns a home, where do they live after they get married?"

"Well, usually people live together before they get married, so it's not usually an issue."

"Where will we live after you and Jay get married?"

"We're not getting married. But he's moving in with us."

"Okay, good because I like our TV better and I like my room better at our house."

"You don't have a room at his house."

"Exactly."

"If Jay and I get married, we'll buy a house, something bigger."

"When I go to my dad's house, I'm going to look at houses on my iPad for us to live in."

"If all that happens, it won't be for 2 years."

"Okay, but I'm just going to look at houses. I'm going to get us ready so I can show Jay what kind of room I want."

Are all 6 year olds as wedding/house obsessed as mine is? She's also quizzed me about dresses, who's house you get married at, and how to hire a mover. It's really sweet that she likes him so much...but so weird.

I think they have "pay someone to be who you want them to be and be nice to you" places. I just think the rates might be too steep for me to not have sex with them at the end

Puppy renting could be an awesome business. Or for the serious man looking to settle down with a like minded lady, we could start a rent an adorable niece for an hour business.

So many opportunities here.

You know me and my friend had actually talked about the "rent a baby" business idea before, whether it be for if you want to "trial run" being a parent/taking care of a baby or needed an excuse to get out of work

So...not normal? Lol.

She's never done with any of my prior bfs....so I'm not sure if it's the age or if she really likes him...or she's just trying to figure things out. She's got a plan though.

Jay just found out he leaves on Monday for 2 1/2 weeks (with one day back after a week before leaving again). He was really bummed out...he went to the climbing gym, and people he had previously talked to didn't recognize him (because he was pretty much gone for the last 6 months) and he said he didn't want to reintroduce himself because he's leaving again. I didn't know what to say.

He thinks Tine will be really good at climbing, when he gets back, he wants me to put her in a class and he'll start taking her sometimes. I think she'd like that.

Today I met with a friend who I met through school. She was recommended to teach me SEOS through my business coach, so I hired her. Today we met up to talk about marketing and SEOS....I paid her $550 last week....she just had a baby...and when she showed up, she was late, asked me what I wanted to go over (she was supposed to set up a lesson plan) and spent the first hour of our meeting, feeding, burping and changing her daughter. Then I held her baby while she got food and ate...then her baby popped through her clothes onto me...so in our 2 hour meeting, we spent about 15 minutes actually talking about work. So....2 1/2 hours for stuff we could have went over by text.

She sent me a text after and said we'll go over things next week, and if we need to, we can meet up again. I think it would be rude to tell her to get a babysitter for her newborn...but I don't want her baby here next time. I love babies. Her baby is very cute...but that meeting was a waste of my time....and at this rate, money. I feel frustrated, and I don't want to give her a hard time- life is challenging enough with a new baby. But....it's like she didn't notice that we barely got anything done. She pulled out her laptop for less than 5 minutes. I didn't even use mine. This whole thing was supposed to be her teaching me how to do SEOS on my computer. *sighs*.

I know I need to talk to her....I just...don't want to be a jerk, and I totally feel like one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

she just had a baby...and when she showed up, she was late, asked me what I wanted to go over (she was supposed to set up a lesson plan) and spent the first hour of our meeting, feeding, burping and changing her daughter. Then I held her baby while she got food and ate...then her baby popped through her clothes onto me...so in our 2 hour meeting, we spent about 15 minutes actually talking about work. So....2 1/2 hours for stuff we could have went over by text.

She sent me a text after and said we'll go over things next week, and if we need to, we can meet up again. I think it would be rude to tell her to get a babysitter for her newborn...

Oh hell no. The baby pooped on you? no. maybe I am a monster for thinking this, but this situation is totally unacceptable...This is a business transaction and should be treated as such. It should go without saying that she should make arrangements for the child. I don't think you are out of line for requesting this. And if she were to make you feel bad about asking for her to do the job you paid her for, then she would be acting like a twit...IMO. Just ask her nicely, say you know it's difficult, but....

I'd be super blunt and nip this in the bud. Look at it this way - you would actually be doing her a huge favor. By showing up and acting the way that she did, she will starve as other people will promptly fire her so to speak and not even tell her why. Her referrals and business will quietly dry up and that will be that for her. Baby or not, when someone is paying you, you have to be professional. Baby aside, showing up late and then eating herself....totally out of line. I'd also tell your business coach about the fiasco. He also needs to have a talking to with her about that.

Incredibly unprofessional and a waste of your time and money. I would be blunt. You'd think she would be smart enough to know that this is something you don't do but who knows. If she doesn't like it? Well, good luck to her to finding someone to pay $550 to take care of her baby for 2 hours

Ugh, it just sucks. I really like her...and I had an issue with the account I hired through my school program too (I hired her for finances with my condo board...and she didn't do what she said she would do- I had to fired her), so I don't want to look like a whiner.

The thing is, I think she thought the meeting went great. I mean...she's sleep deprived and I think she misses social interaction...I remember how hard it was- I didn't even leave my house with Tine until she was like 4 months old (unless we were going to a family members house)...and I sympathize with her taking transit with a newborn....but then...I got my license at 16...while living in a shelter....she's 29, what's her excuse, you know?

I'm just not sure how to start this conversation. Do I say, "that meeting didn't go as I expected. This is what I was expecting: a checklist of things I should be doing weekly go my seos, a list of what I need to do to boost my Google ranking, a site that manages Social media with a quick tour of it." Etc? Because nothing was written down...it was like...one of my friends is a lawyer, and we went out for a 3 hour dinner, and in that 3 hours, we talked mostly about life, and for 10 minutes when I asked (more as a friend asking a friend) she gave me her advice on a legal situation I was going through...it wasn't a business meeting. And how do I say, I know you love your baby and don't feel comfortable leaving your cold somewhere, but every single time you put her down, she cried, so even when you did try to run the meeting, I couldn't focus because all I could hear was your baby crying 2 feet away from me.

I'm a bit worked up about this.

I'd probably say something like, "as a mother I understand the challenges you are facing with trying to take care of a newborn while attempting to run a business and I admire you for it. As a customer, however I am sure you are aware that we were not able to accomplish anything constructive during our last meeting. Please let me know when we can reschedule and dedicate proper time to business. Also, if you feel that you are not able to dedicate the necessary attention to this project, please let me know. I hope that you do not feel obligated to continue. You may refund the fee I had paid you and I understand your need to take time out for your baby. We can always work together again later on."

I'd probably say something like, "as a mother I understand the challenges you are facing with trying to take care of a newborn while attempting to run a business and I admire you for it. As a customer, however I am sure you are aware that we were not able to accomplish anything constructive during our last meeting. Please let me know when we can reschedule and dedicate proper time to business. Also, if you feel that you are not able to dedicate the necessary attention to this project, please let me know. I hope that you do not feel obligated to continue. You may refund the fee I had paid you and I understand your need to take time out for your baby. We can always work together again later on."

I think this is an absolutely perfect response!

Okay, I sent a version of that....with smiley faces and mentioning how cute her baby is. No response. This should be interesting.

Thanks DF

I hate this stuff. When I hire someone and they don't work out, I tend to hide from them....it's funny, because when a customer isn't happy, I have no problem dealing with that head on and finding the solution...but wow, I hate telling people that they suck at their job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That conversation went good: she agreed to give me an extra meeting do we can catch up. The only thing I'm worried about...is that she said I could come to her place next time...which I think will cut down on the baby time (because after traveling for an hour, they need a ton of attention)...so I guess we'll se show it goes.

Jay and I never take pictures together...we just never seem to think of it. The last two photos I have, he's scruffy (that's the most he'll grow it out) so he asked me not to post this one where his friends will see it (well, that and he's got a weird face going on because he was complaining that I only take pictures of him when he looks terrible lol) so it's safe to go in here! This is when I made him go for a surprise walk after brunch.

He leaves tomorrow...he's going to be staying just belie the attic circle. He gets in around sunrise- 11:32 am. Sunset? Just after 3 pm. I would go crazy.

Archived