Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Starting Over....again.

faraday

^^

Ah you must be well under 38-40. When you get to that age, your prescrption starts to change every year... but $190 isn't bad for a lot of glasses as long as their lenses are good quality.

Good to know. I'm sure by that point, the crazy glasses will be out of style and I'll end up wearing something a bit more reserved (like glasses were 10ish years ago) and probably stick with a pair or two. But for now...EVERY COLOUR!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally found an art supply store that looks promising...so today I'm going shopping...and I'm going to buy all the art supplies! I want to jump up and down. BULK CANVAS!!!! OMG OMG OMG

And....I've discovered resin. I have a feeling my life will never be the same again. Lol. I want to use it on canvas...but I'm also really excited because I want to try to make hardware with it. Like knobs for my furniture...I want to add wheat and prairie kind of stuff to it...I'm totally in the wrong season for this. I might be able to dig some up on the side of the road under a foot of snow. It will be fine

I just heard about zennioptical like right after I got my glasses and contacts through my eye doctor (meh...I've been going to him since I was 10 so he always discounts me, I kind of want to give him the business anyway). And I've heard nothing but good things about them. Have you used them in the past? Any complaints?

I mean, this would be so ideal. I had to get new glasses and I wound up getting the thrift package because I know very well that my son might break them, that's what happened to the last pair. So I didn't want to blow a lot of cash. And, FUN GLASSES. I'm getting funky in my frame picks, I used to just get the same wire square rim but I've branched out.

I just heard about zennioptical like right after I got my glasses and contacts through my eye doctor (meh...I've been going to him since I was 10 so he always discounts me, I kind of want to give him the business anyway). And I've heard nothing but good things about them. Have you used them in the past? Any complaints?

I mean, this would be so ideal. I had to get new glasses and I wound up getting the thrift package because I know very well that my son might break them, that's what happened to the last pair. So I didn't want to blow a lot of cash. And, FUN GLASSES. I'm getting funky in my frame picks, I used to just get the same wire square rim but I'v&e branched out.

I have bought 14 pairs through them in the last 2 years. I've had one pair snap...but the rest have been good. I even ended up re-ordering that pair because I love them so much. There is a difference in quality between the $7 pairs and the $30...but not enough of one to make me not buy the $7 pairs if I like them. And I don't get anything put on the lenses- they have a bunch of add ons...I just go with the free because I didn't notice much of a difference between the add-ons and the free lenses.

This is the first time I've ordered sunglasses....I'm excited to get them.

I really love Zenni. I don't endorse many companies...but I think these guys are the bees knees. They send out glasses usually within a week or ordering...I've never had a problem...and...omg, the amount of compliments I get whenever I wear any of my funkier specs is crazy. I've actually been debating making cards through vistaprint to hand out to people, because so many people ask me where I got them...and I spend so much time writing out their website for people. I highly recommend them.

Clementine has just started reading...and the way she holds her books...is making me think she'll need glasses. She has an eye appointment next week...and I'll totally be ordering her glasses off the site too. I'm actually kind of excited lol. I'm a terribly mom, I'm hoping she has defective eyes because I want to dress her up.

Those frames are cool! You're lucky that you can get that many glasses for such a good price!! God, when I wore glasses they were at least $500--even with discount frames. I had the most ridiculous coke bottle prescription, it would take 1-2 weeks for the lab to make it. But then I got my eyes lasered. Best. Idea. Ever (for me, at least).

Don't take the try on as a for sure thing....it doesn't scale it. That's why I said to measure accross your frames...the try on feature is more to check out colouring and if the shape of the frames work on you...but they'll end up smaller or bigger when you buy them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahaha, you're funny. You'll fix the internet again I don't think the site is great- I find going back to be awkward...and I time things out and stuff...but if you can tolerate it enough to get the order placed, you're good.

The zebra and pink frames are just barely wide enough...I don't really wear them all that much. I've learned a lot buying this many frames

Jay came in late Tuesday night and left early Thursday morning. It was a nice visit

Is it normal to still be crushing on someone a year in?

I don't know if I posted this already, but a few weeks ago we were talking about the kid thing again, and he mentioned that he wanted to have two kids...and I said, "well, if we have two, we'd have to start in about 2 years because they need time to incubate, and it will be like, boom. boom. baby baby."...and he looked all confused at me and said, "but we already have one" and I melted. Like.. completely melted. I NEVER thought that I would meet someone like him...I always thought I would be lucky to find a guy that tolerated her. I mean...some of the posts on here about single moms and the burdens of their child made me want to flee to a nunnery.

And then last night, he called and we were talking about Tine's report card...she did really bad. Her math and reading, and gym was horrible. Everything except art. Art she got the highest possible. And I'm honestly perplexed...because...we read and do math and run around...and she does pretty good....so I did quizzes with her last night, and she scored pretty good...so I think because she's ridiculously introverted...she just doesn't show that she knows things. Like...when people ask her a question...she'll just stare blankly at them. But at home...she's outgoing and articulate and thoughtful. So...I was telling Jay that I'm going to sign her up for karate, because I think it will help build her confidence. He thought that was a great idea. I asked if he could think of anything else I could sign her up for...she's already above average (for her age) at swimming...and he said, "What helped me build confidence when I was younger was rock climbing. I'll take her when I get back." And...I just crushed on him even more.

Anyway...that's my gushing for the day.

Three weeks left until my show. I'm ready in everything but product. But I got my banners, my price tags, my wrapping paper, my credit card scanner thingy, the coffee machine (and coffee...and electric kettle and tea....and disposable coffee cups ) I'm going to take...I bought black prescription glasses for my staff and ordered blue clothing for me to wear...I feel pretty ready. I feel pretty good....I just really have to push on getting everything painted.

I also got a call from the Gallery. I'm taking in my paintings tonight- they go on display starting Tuesday!!!

Nice and nicer and super nice.

Just to think....a few months ago you were having a tizzy and wanting to dump him....yup....rubbing your nose in your silliness from back then and a big fat I told you so.

Only because I know you can take it.

Omgosh, I know! I just...didn't fully see him. Do you know what I mean? I was looking at him through the filter of...fear.

I mean...he still hasn't said "love" yet...and I know that wouldn't be acceptable to a lot of people...but when I look at him...I know without a doubt that he does love me. He loves Tine. And I believe him...he said, "When I tell you I love you, it will be because I'm going to love you forever." And...he's such a deliberate, honest guy...that there's no doubt he means that. I know that him moving in together is a HUGE deal for him...he doesn't take this lightly...and he's making plans and setting things in motion for us to be together.

I'm glad you guys calmed me down. I was so scared that he was leading me on...but that was my past talking...not him.

See the person...without filtering. That's challenging. But so cool Everyday I feel more and more confident with him.

Life is so good I never would have believed this could be my life a year ago. I hoped...but I didn't really think it could happen.

Archived