Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

redrose85

Oh I hate this cold! It’s one of the worst ones I’ve had. It seems like it has a gazillion stages to it and I’m just waiting for it to be over.

I was all gung ho to go to the gym, but I’m all coughy and snotty and ugh. I don’t want to spread my germs around there.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That made me think of Bort. LOL.

Sunomuno salad is a combination of rice noodles (vermicelli style), sweet vinegar, vegetables, and some sort of protein. The one I had today was tiny-- it had 2 slices of cucumber and 2 prawns, but it was satisfying.

Here’s an example

link removed

Oh gosh, I don't know what to do about non-helpful boys either. B's been trying somewhat since we talked about it, and I do appreciate that. Buuut... objectively, his additional effort is a little pathetic and usually involves actually taking his dishes to the sink or pulling up the cover on the bed. I've seriously considered talking about a chore chart, even though it just seems obnoxiously like college roommates to me. Do you think Alex would be up for something like that? Or you could just go on strike...

Oh gosh, I don't know what to do about non-helpful boys either. B's been trying somewhat since we talked about it, and I do appreciate that. Buuut... objectively, his additional effort is a little pathetic and usually involves actually taking his dishes to the sink or pulling up the cover on the bed. I've seriously considered talking about a chore chart, even though it just seems obnoxiously like college roommates to me. Do you think Alex would be up for something like that? Or you could just go on strike...

L and I will have something like this. Maybe not on paper but at least verbalize it. Like I hate washing dishes so it'll be his chore to do those and he isn't a fan of vacuming and I love to vacume.

I would definitely have a talk about it and then if that doesn't work maybe then break out the chart. My husband and I have an agreement that because he isn't working presently he has all the day to day stuff- laundry and dishes etc. But I do the big cleaning like vaccuming and dusting. He does do the bathroom though which I love because he knows I have a hard time bending over to scrub stuff. When he is working again it'll be split he'll do the dishes because I hate them and I'll do the laundry because he hates folding so it works out in the end.

We had a talk last night. I stayed calm and rational (mostly) and whenever he got defensive, I reassured him and did my best to diffuse the situation. What I didn’t accept was “I’m sorry, I’ll try harder.” I said, no, you need to set a goal and have something tangible in mind. So we divvied up chores amongst ourselves. His chores (which I am not to do) are garbage, recycling, the cat box, and vacumning. Mine are laundry and dishes and general tidiness (dusting, etc...) He is going to get his chores done his way and I am going to get mine done my way. He KNOWS how unhappy it makes me to feel like a maid and he knows how much I end up resenting him when he slips back into lazy mode. The end result is basically, he does more, he gets more sex because I am happier and have more time/less stress and everyone is happy.

Oh god I so wish guys would realize that. More cleaning=less nagging=happier women=more sex. It's common sense!

Jared and I have it worked out that I do the laundry, he puts it away. Don't let dishes pile up in the sink when the dishwasher is right there. One cooks, the other does dishes. Etc. Sounds harmonious but if one of us doesn't do our part, resentment happens. Now that he's out of work, he's doing much more around the house, which I'm grateful for.

I think L has it pretty easy to be honest. I'm not the most tidiest person - even though I'm a house keeper - and although I have my quriks (if you empty the toilet roll put it back ON the roll, not the sink) we are pretty much the same. i'll let things build up a little and then my OCD kicks in and I do a mass clean and the process repeats itself.

I just hate clutter on the floors...can't stand anything to be on the floors (except a few dog toys, like right now). So I like shoes put up, no clothes on it, etc. I am pretty uncaring about the toilets and such, but I have become noticeably more organized and clean freak since moving into our new place b/c it's actually a nice place and I've got a lot of pride here, unlike the other places.

Ah yes, clutter stresses me out.

We’ve been hit by the tail end of the Alaskan Hurricane. Crazy winds, hail, snow, rain, power outages, you name it. That’s definitely arctic air blowing around out there. I’m really glad the power didn’t go out at work Before work, I shopped with a friend. We got ourselves some new lingerie. Love mine. It’s not as out there or daring as what I had in mind but it fit perfectly and is super flattering. I’ll get something more risque when my body looks better

Hehe so after getting a few comments about why Alex waited so long to decide to fully commit to me, I was feeling a bit insecure. So I asked. Obviously it’s not a money thing anymore, because we’re still not exactly loaded...

He said he’s known since the first year and that he has always been fully committed to me and to us. I never knew that he felt that way so early on. He was only 20! I wasn’t sure in the first year... I just knew I was deliriously happy.

Archived