Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

redrose85

My sister is going to London for four months Excited for her!! She’s taking a tropical disease nursing course (title is very shortened, obv) because she wants to work in South/Central America. I’m so happy she is getting on with her life and not letting her symptoms ruin things.

We may be taking in her male cat (7 yr old) permanently. His name is Yamaha and he’s a Russian Blue. She has come to realize that she won’t really have a home base for quite awhile while she works abroad, so she is adopting her pets out. Her kitty is awesome, super cuddly and lovey and I really don’t want him to go to a stranger.

She is also going to be adopting out her dog-- she cried when she told me this and I felt like crying too. If I could take her in, I would, but Gabby has proven to be a very expensive dog and she is too big for our place. That, and it’s not fair to the cats or to Alex, who never wants to own a dog. She is like my fur niece and I am actually really shocked that my sister is giving her up, but I understand why. She can’t just have her in doggy day care all the time, and Gabby deserves owners who will be around all the time.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she was going to be settling in one place she’d keep them, but she’s going to be travelling all over the world working as a nurse with no real home base. She’s going to be renting her condo out, but would like to sell it (but the market is lousy)

Chowing down on some dinner and heading to work!

Hahaha a classmate was trying to convince me to go on a trip to Italy with her in 2013. It’s a liberal studies trip and includes everything, even tuition. But, it’s $5000 for a month. I looked at her and said, I could spend $5000 on a month long trip, or Alex and I could have a wedding “Ohh I get your point.” I’m dreaming about going to Bologna, but just dreaming. I know what is more important to both of us right now-- saving up for a wedding and a honeymoon (ie. trip) for BOTH of us, not just me.

Alex’s boss hired TWO part timers! Yay!! I’m STILL in shock about the amount of work he does on a daily basis. He loves his job though, and has no regrets over staying there rather than taking the city job that was offered.

Out of the blue a co-worker told me about a holiday sale that the spa (same one I was talking about last night on here) is having. $50 for a one hour massage (usually $200!), with access to the grotto. I told Alex about it and suggested we do that for ourselves for christmas, and maybe take ourselves out for a nice meal also. He said he definitely wants to do that, so now I am trying to find the sale.

I know I want to do a couple of small things for him to put under the tree though-- get new links put into his watch, and get a snake light kind of thing to use at work. I gave him the watch for our first anniversary and he can’t even fasten it anymore because he’s gotten so muscular! Maybe some beef jerky and quality hot sauce too. A way to a man’s heart...

Forgot about this:

I have bonded with two girls from work. They’re only 17 but they really don’t act like it. They’re good kids! I have particularly bonded with one of them (they pretty much come as a pair) and tonight I realized why: she is me almost ten years ago. I was always the one the guys overlooked, in favour of my “hot” friends. (They all regretted it, and told me so!) I was always the one with just average grades, and with a busy social life, but only a couple good friends that I could count on. In other words, I was a floater, never an alpha or anyone that anybody saw as being “special”.

She told me tonight that she asked a guy to prom and he said no (unthinkable!) I just told her that prom is so much better with a group of girlfriends anyways. If I could turn back time and do it over, I’d have left my boyfriend at home. That and I said he’s an idiot, clearly. She’s pretty and sweet and just a super nice person. It’s nice to have a co-worker that I really get along well with because a lot of the others are really reserved and I can’t seem to break their shells. Before she went home she gave me a backwards hug, just because she wanted to lol.

Long day! Went for a nice hour long walk with a friend and then I went to the office and got all of my articles on the server.. server was down again of course, so that took awhile. Then I was in the student union for awhile making fundraising buttons. After that I did some homework and then I spent the rest of the night copyediting to help the overworked copyeditors out. I’m pretty tuckered. Just hanging out online and playing with Moe a bit.

You have no idea. It’s a 2 door purple hyundai and he is 6’4”. It just added to his horrid day yesterday. Poor guy.

I don’t know. He hasn’t had time to call about it yet. Got home from work at 5:30 p.m. and was back at work at 7 a.m. Maybe it will be covered by insurance... don’t know if attempted theft is covered.

Really happy with our photos! They’re supposed to be in Dec. 9th, so I’ll take photos of them We ended up picking two packages because we loved two different poses. I think the family is going to be really happy to get these in their christmas cards. Our little family of two lol

Dunno. I’ve been glued to my computer for hours lol

I’m trolling photo websites for an idea of the type of wedding photos I’d like to have, and I’ve gotta say that I am annoyed with the majority of them. What is with the over-editing trend? Why do these websites need to be so “piecey” I just want to browse quickly to get the idea of the style of the photographer. I don’t want to wait for each photo to load on an intricately designed background. Also, professionals really should learn how to spell. I spell horribly when I’m online, but if you’re blogging for your business, you should know the difference between they’re and there. It’s disappointing because these photogs are trying so hard to be original, that they all look alike.

It's outraegous. The cheapest professional we found was the one we ended up dumping (he was $1,000). The girl who actually did our photos (girls, actually, my co workers) only charged us $600 for 4 hours. It gets pricey. You COULD go to the local photography school if you have one and find a student whose willing to do it for cheaper (or even free) since they are always looking to put pictures in their portfolio.

Archived