Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

redrose85

I have no patience for some people. This one girl is just TOO much to take. She is even affecting the well-being of the one person who has always stood by her, and who no longer wants anything to do with her but is trapped. I know this is vague, but I already ranted to Alex so this is just the tail end... I’m just baffled.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I wandered Michaels for quite a while, hoping to find some deals on Christmas card supplies. No such luck. I gave up, checked out the wedding stuff, got completely overwhelmed by jordan almonds and program fonts, and left the store disheartened and completely confused as to when my inner crafter died.

Called my Mom up today and she said that she still has all of the Christmas stamps from when we were growing up (beautiful stamps!) and she’s been thinking about bringing them out to make cards. She still has embossing powder, the heat tool, card stock, everything, so we’re going to have a Christmas card making party next week. I’m looking forward to it

Shawn is back from China. He called this morning letting us know he needs to be picked up from the 1 pm ferry. I called Alex to do it, but he can’t get away from work, so I guess it’s me. I was just getting used to it being the two of us again, and when the phone rang this morning, I realized that it won’t be again for awhile.

OG and Hers- I’d like to send you christmas cards, if you want. Could you PM me your addresses?

Saddest class ever today. The “matriarch” of our faculty is retiring, so she won’t be around to finish the magazine with us (upper levels produce a magazine). Her husband has cancer and the treatments aren’t working anymore, so she wants to spend all of her time with him. The entire class (all women) cried when she told us, and she cried, and oh we were all a mess.

Thank you huntress. I feel blessed to be a part of such a close-knit faculty/department. Graduation is going to be HARD!

She took a sabbatical last year and the course (which I also took) was taught by a newcomer. She came back this fall because he had been doing really well and things were looking good, but that’s not the case anymore. She’s so, so tough. She said it wasn’t discovered until it was already stage 4, so he’s already lived a year past what the doctors gave him. We’re planning a tribute for her in this issue. Just really sad. She’s coming to all of our events though, so she’ll be around.

Almost got hit by a truck today. Eep. It was a truck and utility trailer, which would have made things even worse! I was in the crosswalk at a four way stop, 3/4 of the way through. The truck had stopped and I assumed he had stopped for me, but I guess he hadn’t even seen me, because right as I reached the driver’s side door, he revved his engine and started to move. I was like whooa buddy, whatcha doing??! Scary moment!

After I delivered the last newspapers of this semester (woohoo!) I decided to stop for a treat, and ordered a small mint white mocha latte. Should have tried it in the shop. I got home and BLECH! It isn’t even a coffee, just syrupy liquid with a bunch of milk. I’m brewing a pot of decaf to mix it with...

Back to homework.

Having an FML moment. Came home from shopping with a friend to an absolutely plastered Alex and his almost equally drunk brother. They finished off half of a large bottle of scotch. Alex was belligerent and flippin’ annoying, so I went to have a bath and go read my book in peace while they ate their pizza. They had begged me for chinese, but it was closed, so I brought them a pizza. Anyways, not 30 mins after eating, Alex is sick. Disgusting. I can’t handle vomit, at all. He apologized a lot but that does not make up for the fact that the bathtub is plugged and there is vomit in it. Argh! Learn your effing limit!!

This is only the second time he’s gotten to that point, thank goodness. He was just loving the scotch and downed a lot of pizza really quickly. He cleaned out the tub, but I’m still terrified of the bathroom. He’ll be the one to handle the pukey kids me thinks. Or maybe babies get you used to all the gross stuff in a hurry.

He made an appointment and arranged for a truck to take my dishwasher in to get fixed. None of us have any clue what we’re doing, so better safe than sorry.

Anyways... last day of class tomorrow, then I’m free until Jan 3rd. I’ll still be working on the paper and things over the break, plus working in the deli, but for the most part, I’m on vacation as of Friday at 5:30 PM.

First $500 saved!

Alex worked a TON in November, so even with income tax, it should be a pretty nice paycheque.

I’m kind of mad at myself. I was saying I didn’t want to work early on Sat morning (not a morning person, as you know!) My co-worker said, oh well I’m closing on Saturday, wanna trade? I confirmed with her that her shift would be a full shift, so it was even stevens. Turns out, hers is a half shift! So I just gave 4 hours of a 12 hour work week away. *head desk*

On the other hand, school’s done!!

Woohoo! My boss paid attention to the fact that I wanted a full shift today and now I get to work from 1:30-10

Alex finally has a day off *fingers crossed* We laid around in bed talking after he got back from a minor work-related thing. We talked a little bit about wedding things, what we each want, what my friends are suggesting (my one friend wants part of our gift to be wine-- so she is thinking that if we start it up now we’ll have good wine.

We agreed that once we have $2000-$2500 saved up, we’ll go and see the venue and most likely book it so we’re sure to get our day. This venue is such a steal. When I heard how much the conference centre downtown charges ($10,000!) I was shocked. Then I guess the next step is to get the food all figured and paid for. It is looking like it’ll be 2014 though, because we’re budgeting about $5000 for a nice long honeymoon. He wants to do a cruise, and I want a a full two week vacay. With flights and extras, I think $5000 is accurate.

Time to go to the gym and start shedding this fat! I have two years to fully get rid of it. Motivation

and lots of time to score great deals! I picked up 45 floating candle holders, 3 bags of pinecones (will be flocking them), and some white/silver decorations. I may just use those for our tree though. All in all, $23! I’m debating going back for the $.59 cent glass taper candle holders. Probably will, and just buy up the lot.

Archived