Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

redrose85

I have that same problem, actually. L and I were suppose to talk at 4 pm today but I was doing extra work so I texted him asking him if 4:30 was okay - to which he said yes, although I knew with it being a work night that was pretty late for him to be up - and I was running behind on getting on the phone in time (due to work and legs killing me) and he had an attitude when I got on and I gave it right back instead of calmly explaining to him why I was late. :s

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m all proud of myself. Alex and I went to the Re-Store (used housewares/parts) and I found the piece I needed to hook up the dishwasher. It was like finding a needle in a haystack I’ve got the first load going and so far, so good. I love how Alex and I can have a great Saturday just running around town doing errands. Last night was fun. By the time we got to the bar he wasn’t feeling so great from the copious amounts of alcohol that he drank at dinner, and he didn’t like the music, so to distract him I drew pictures on his back with my finger. We were just off in our own little world for awhile there. It was nice I was sad when he asked me to take him home (I was DD) but I got some one on one time with my buddy.

I haven’t really been feeling well today. I have to work this evening. Just four hours and I know it’ll go by fast but I feel nauseous and tired and not in the mood to clean a deli at all.

I’m still trying to figure out what the heck happened last night. I was able to distract myself long enough to write a feature article, but now my brain has cleared and I am SO confused. Last week, my friend A and I made plans for her to come over and hang out after I was done work last night. Friend D was also going to come. A brought her boyfriend, but he was tired and cranky and clearly just wanted to go home and go to bed. D walked here, ready for a night of girly silliness and whisky. A and her boyfriend decided after about an hour that they were going to go, and then D asked them for a ride home. So all of a sudden, my house is empty and I’m like * * * ??

LOL. Alex just found out about the new Elder Scrolls- Skyrim game. He came downstairs looking SUPER guilty...“Sherry pie?” ... “yes, hun?” ...”Can I go get Skyrim?”... Whenever we REALLY want something, we go into little kid mode, shuffle our feet, twist around, etc... I think it’s so we look too adorable to say no to. He certainly did today! At any rate, I said of course, you work hard, etc... I know I’ve lost him for the rest of the day, but I’m busy doing the news and homework, so it doesn’t matter.

LOL. Alex just found out about the new Elder Scrolls- Skyrim game. He came downstairs looking SUPER guilty...“Sherry pie?” ... “yes, hun?” ...”Can I go get Skyrim?”... Whenever we REALLY want something, we go into little kid mode, shuffle our feet, twist around, etc... I think it’s so we look too adorable to say no to. He certainly did today! At any rate, I said of course, you work hard, etc... I know I’ve lost him for the rest of the day, but I’m busy doing the news and homework, so it doesn’t matter.

Oh you've lost him for like the next 90 hours Sherry. I SO want to play that game! I bought Oblivion for the PC and am currently engrossed in that.

Probably more than that. Then it’s the new Star Wars that he’s been all excited about since the summer

Dishwasher is not working right. Poo! It’s not loading up with water. I’m going to empty it and wash all the dishes by hand, and he is going to take a look at the valves and such.

Yay!! I found a great freebie online. There is this spa in the next town over with a natural mineral pool/grotto... beautiful and so relaxing. A couple of years back I got a free coupon to use it, so Alex and I went and spent an afternoon there, hung out in the treatment area snacking on fruit and tea, etc... We both loved it. Everything about that place is luxurious, from the stone showers to the luxe bathrobes. The spa is having a free holiday open house this week, and registered guests get use of the pool/grotto, including drinks, food, and mini-treatments, plus some treatments to take home, and it’s all free. I hope we get in I just emailed them to book two spots for us.

Ohhh dying of disappointment now! I checked the actual website and they’re all booked up. Only time I have ever been to spas have been prizes or freebies

I’d love to get my nails done, but there’s no point when I work in a deli. Maybe acrylics would fare better than natural nails though... I think I may treat myself to a hairdo for Christmas. Not sure yet.

I’m wedding obsessed right now. This is bad. I went to sleep thinking about it, and woke up thinking about it. I need to go cold turkey again. I’m waiting until things calm down with Alex’s work to talk about it. He’s been getting migraines and coming home completely exhausted more often than not, so I don’t want to talk about it when he just wants to unwind. He gets two weeks off for Christmas, so I’ll broach the topic then, get his ideas, etc...

Good news though, yesterday he told me that his boss is currently interviewing part timers, so he will have a co-worker and won’t have to shoulder everything himself. When he told me all that he did yesterday in an eight hour span (with no break) I was dumbstruck. No wonder the poor guy is so beat all week long. I hope he gets a good co-worker!

Archived