Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

redrose85

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
link removed

I wish I hadn’t looked. I miss our “baby” a lot, especially now. How exciting it would have been to be expecting a baby this christmas. Urgh. Why did I look.

Isn't it so sad? I wish I had pictures of my Liam. I really do. My brother's wife was supposed to come and do some but she didn't. I remember him in my mind though. I can see him perfectly in my mind's eye and I have his u/s pics so I am so grateful for them. It was hard to look at their pictures though, makes me cry.

I meant to respond about your house on my journal. I think I looked at the album of your house on fb once and I thought it was too cute. I didn't realize you had a loft. I've always liked houses like that bc they are usually so open and airy but not too common. I understand about the started home. We don't own bc I think when we do buy, we want it to be as permanent as possible but for some people it's a smarter move bc it's a great way to start a committed life together so I think your plans are awesome.

Vic- I wish the article had included a link or something for people who wanted to see the photos. I didn’t like that it was a photo spread. Now I can’t unsee those little fingers and feet.

OG- Woohoo is right!!

Hers- Thanks Cute does describe it, definitely. I am not edgy and modern whatsoever. The loft is like a large open bedroom

Vic- I wish the article had included a link or something for people who wanted to see the photos. I didn’t like that it was a photo spread. Now I can’t unsee those little fingers and feet.

OG- Woohoo is right!!

Hers- Thanks Cute does describe it, definitely. I am not edgy and modern whatsoever. The loft is like a large open bedroom

It is the same for me about my son. I can never "unsee" him. Ya know? I was asked if I wanted to see him. I was so totally traumatized I am not sure I was in a good frame of mind to be responsible for making a decision like that. I went on my mother's encouragement to look. I often wonder if it made my trauma worse, if it made my recovery longer and harder. I can not know. My son's hands were of a similar size. I personally think my son was far older than they thought he was. He was very big for his age, he was very tall. Even the nurse remarked he looked bigger than what they estimated his age to be. But I get flashes of his hands and of his body in my mind's eye still.

I listened to her tribute to her daughter and I must say I sobbed my heart out. I could only echo her sentiments about my lost children, especially my son because I saw him. I saw his face. I held his body. I touched his hands. He was a person. He had a soul, a personality already, I could feel it. I had felt him move. He was more than a collection of cells,he was my son. Nothing and no one can replace him.

This silly one called the Christmas Bus. It was about a woman who opened her B&B to strangers at christmastime after learning that her children weren’t coming home for the holidays. VERY religious and I rolled my eyes a few times, but it was cute.

I’ve been reading Wicked, chapter by chapter. I’m finding that it’s not a book that I can lose myself in, but I am liking it.

Four out of five grades posted now. One A- and 3 B+’s. Since starting university in 2007, I have only had three C’s, the rest have been A’s and B’s. I think that’s really good! Today is off to a great start. Alex went to work this morning for a little bit... he’s creating tutorials for the new guys to help them with their training, and we cuddled for hours. It has been so long since we could just lay in bed together. Glorious.

I’m going to my mom’s on Friday to decorate cookies. She seems to be in a much better mood now. I’m so excited to have all of my siblings together! My niece is going to be there too. Squee! I haven’t seen my siblings since the summer, and I’m looking forward to meeting my older brother’s girlfriend.

What a fantastic day! Got to laze around with Alex in the morning, and then I spent the day with my friend and her two kids. Because it had been so long since we’d all spent time together it was a bit weird at first, but soon it was just like old times. They’re getting so grown up. It’s hard to believe that they’re not the 3 and 5 year old who would run to me yelling “aunty Sherry, aunty Sherry!” They’ve really become their own individuals now (aged 12 and 9). The girl is so talented and smart. She loves science and music and is a really good pianist. She can’t do lessons right now so she has been teaching herself songs instead. The boy is so conscientious. He’s disabled, so it’s been a hard road, but he has become the most caring and loving, imaginative kid.

We spent the day baking and we had a junk food and movie night. After the movie, we all started baking again. Made a big batch of sugar cookies. Now I have shortbread thumbprint cookies, sugar cookies, banana loaf, rice krispie squares, and chocolate oatmeal/coconut balls. Yum! We had the neighbour’s daughter over too, and she was such a good cookie maker! Hers baked up better than any of ours lol

Got to laze with my love AGAIN. Then he had to go to work. Schedule mix up or something. No matter, I am going to be critiquing stories and baking today. I guess I should hit the gym as well I am currently on hold with the internet provider. Estimated hold time is 1 hour. Thank goodness for speaker phone! I have a headache but I need to get this figured out before school is back in.

Hope you’re all having a wonderful day!

Been on hold for 2 hours total now. After the first hour, the line dropped! I am going to talk with Alex today about switching to the other provider if I don’t get results. I refuse to spend my day off on hold. These guys used to be an amazing company. I wonder what happened.

At least I have a cappuccino. My friend bought some nescafe instant capps and didn’t like them as much as starbucks, so she gave them to me

Got an internship. Phew! It was the one I was going after. We’re arranging it all very informally, but it will be 1/2 work at home, 1/2 in the office. I asked for writing/editing/social media tasks.

Cleaning out my drawers and cupboards. It’s been an ongoing process, but I think the whole house is just about done. I have to keep up with decluttering or I start to feel like we need a bigger house lol. I moved the microwave over onto the dishwasher and consolidated all of the kitchen tools and spices, and now I have an entire counter again!

Okay NOW I am done Christmas shopping. Everything is wrapped and under the small tree. Gifts for us go under the big tree. I ended up getting Alex and Shawn these remote control helicopters for grown ups. I came accross them in one store and then another shopper approached me telling me that another store has them for less, and her husband loves them. They’re these small helicopters that can hover, go forward backward, side to side, etc.. with lights. I also picked up a folding mattress for Shawn. It’s not his persay, but it’s for him to use as long as he’s here.

Not feeling all that great today. Have had a headache since I woke up and I didn’t sleep well last night. I went for a nice long walk to downtown to try to clear my head/sinuses, but now I just feel worse. Better sleep well tonight! I think I have a pinched nerve in my neck or something...

I’ve been having so much fun finding gifts for everyone else that I forgot about myself, so when the guys asked me what I’d like, I was blindsided. Alex got me something large (it’s covered up in the bedroom) and now I’m all curious. New things. Wee!

Going to see my mom, sister, and younger brother tomorrow, as well as my niece for cookie decorating. Looking forward to it.

Hmm I guess my old coffeemaker isn’t working after all. All I got was a drop of coffee and an overflowing filter LOL. Thank goodness for instant cappuccino! Work last night was crazzzy. My boss screwed up the schedule, so I was working alone from 7pm-12:15 am. Normally, someone else is there until 10 pm, or two others. So, I basically did the work of three people. At least this morning we’ll be fully staffed. I just want to get through the shift and get on with Christmas fun

Today was a looong day! My feet are killing me. It’s really hard getting home from work and having to be at work again in 8 hours, so the only time between shifts is a short sleep. Four days off now and then it’s pretty much back to school, and I will only really be working on Saturdays.

No matter, I’m feeling really blessed this year. I am full of christmas spirit, and have been for the past week. Going to a party tonight and then we’ll open gifts at midnight. I got home and Alex was like “don’t come in the living room! I ran out of wrapping paper!” LOLOL so he wrapped my FOUR gifts (um, excuse me? I only got you one.) and the last one is wrapped with three different kinds of paper, all patchwork like. So cute!

Archived