The 99% Ugly Guy

corvidae

No, I haven't, that's what I come on here and moan about mostly. I'd like to tell you why, but I don't really know. Lots of reasons I think.

How about I post a picture of me? Well, this is me with my mask on.

image removed

And mask off...

image removed

you look like a normal guy to me.

off topic, where did you get that mask? it's awesome.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hooray! Someone in the 1% fraction.

Perhaps ugly is too strong a word, but I don't know. It's just VERY ODD how 99% of women act towards me. I'm going to go away and draw a picture to explain it better...

I think it only seems like 1% because you ignore all those women. Also, I don't think it's very common for women to approach a guy. So the fact that women are approaching you is a pretty good thing.

OK in all honesty I think you are very yummy! And I am not just saying that to make you feel better. If I thought you were a troll I wouldnt have responded. lol

I think part of your "problem" is that you are young and probably a nice guy. No matter how hot you are, most younger girls like the bad boys and are attracted to drama. If you send off a vibe that you are a GOOD GUY, then that could explain things.

And if I am right, please dont change. Women get over the bad boy thing by 30.

I'm 5'8'' so yes I am short, but not a midget or a dwarf. I tend to go for women who are around the 5'4'' mark give or take a few inches. I rule out tall women because in my experience women don't like men shorter than them.

I think that my height is a definite drawback. Woman are definitely more obsessed with height than men are with weight or breast size.

You're not an ugly guy. Don't blame it on your looks. ARe you short?

When us guys look at girls, physical appearance is a big big deal. Now when it comes to the females I've met, looks are important but attitude and personality play an even bigger role. If you believe you are attractive, and you act confidently that you are so women will think so too and they will respond. I would suggest next time you notice a woman staring at you, or saying you are attractive to go up to her and initiate conversation/flirting yourself. Good things come to those who wait, GREAT things come to those who go out and GET IT.

Naaah, you look quite good and your height is not a problem.

I guess you need to practice how to flirt

getting dates is something you learn

I agree. OP, you should take a look into de'Angelo stuff or Carlos Xuma stuff. It will help you a lot - it's one more skill, just like driving a car

I dont worry aboutt my attractiveness or lack of it, that is for others to decide. You really need to put yourself above this issue and realize that what you have is what you have, because there are things that you just cannot change. Attractiveness can get you far but I have known more men that have a charismatic personality that always seem to have their calendars filled with women to go out with.

I would switch focus on having conversations with these women, put forth a little effort and just have fun with the conversation. Odds are that nothing with come of it but it is good practice, and since dating is a numbers game you will find your free time being filled with the women that you meet.

Good idea, I'll do that.

"What we attain too cheap, we esteem to lightly." Thomas Paine

I dont worry aboutt my attractiveness or lack of it, that is for others to decide. You really need to put yourself above this issue and realize that what you have is what you have, because there are things that you just cannot change. Attractiveness can get you far but I have known more men that have a charismatic personality that always seem to have their calendars filled with women to go out with.
  • 2 weeks later...

Corvidae,

Did you like 'El Orfanato'? (aka 'The Orphanage'?) I thought it was pretty good for the genre.

Yes, you are an attractive guy. I don't know where you get this idea that if women aren't falling all over you (hyperbole of course) that you are not. It sounds like, as others have mentioned, that you are not seizing the opportunity, and maybe you need to work on your confidence.

Corvidae there is hope for you as a lot of us who feel the way we do about or looks wouldn't even consider giving any percentage towards the good looking side of the equation. So if you think you're 1% good looking, then you're ahead of the game.

And take the examples to heart. I had two such cases but it was later confirmed they were either false alarms or me making stuff up in my mind to try and make me attractive.

99% ugly?? You're actually quite handsome I think. All of the examples you gave certainly told me that women have found you more than just a little attractive. I haven't completely read the thread, so I'm probably repeating a lot of what's been said, but you can't blame anything on your looks. You're smart, in a good career, seem to have lots of interesting experiences, where's the doubt coming from?? It's all in the attitude. You're a cool guy I think lots of women would love to get to know.

P.S. Neil Gaiman rocks.

No, I haven't, that's what I come on here and moan about mostly. I'd like to tell you why, but I don't really know. Lots of reasons I think.

How about I post a picture of me? Well, this is me with my mask on.

image removed

And mask off...

image removed

Definitely not ugly!!!! I think you have a really good look about you, quite unique I would date you.

Also, I think some people can be "too" good looking to the point where they look sickly and that puts me right off. Someone posted about some women not finding Brad Pitt attractive, well I am one of those women. He is too good looking to the point where he isn't attractive if that makes any sense. I usually go for someone who I find attractive in my own little way.

You've just got to be aggressive. Don't listen to what women tell you. I mean, they're going to say a lot of things but it is like trying to fly an airplane from the ground. You need to do what works for you. Every man has to develop his own unique style. So you fail, often, and keep failing, and don't listen to women until they start to show you whether or not what you are doing is good or bad.

Actions speak louder than words my friend.

Definitely not ugly!!!! I think you have a really good look about you, quite unique I would date you.

Strangely, once seeing the picture the female admits that she would date the male. Interesting. If looks do not matter why did the picture need to be shown in the first place ?

Anyway. I'd say you look pretty good to be honest. Clearly not ugly. So as described above you just need to be more pushy about it. Are you short or tall ? Sometimes women do not like short men.

I'm 5'8'' so yes I am short, but not a midget or a dwarf. I tend to go for women who are around the 5'4'' mark give or take a few inches. I rule out tall women because in my experience women don't like men shorter than them.

I think that my height is a definite drawback. Woman are definitely more obsessed with height than men are with weight or breast size.

You should be happy with your height, 5'8 is not short at all! That is about average height for a guy. I would do anything just to be a few inches taller so I can attract girls. I am only 5'3, below average height for a guy, my height makes it worse with my looks. It is not easy being a short guy and getting dates.

Archived