Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My sisterís bf is getting on my nerves. Should I have a talk with mom?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by JDMxTeGrA101
    I try my best to. Like stuff just gets old fast. On my days off I just go out with a friend to eat, gym. Everyone else is just occupied with their significant others and kids now at my age
    Clearly it's not "everyone" if there are profiles of every age on dating sites. There are other 30 year olds out there who don't have kids or significant others. I'll bet there are even quite a few of them who still live with their parents, and are sad about not getting out more and doing more fun things.

(Of course, it's also possible to hang out and have a good time with people who have both significant others and kids)

You are lonely and bitter, so get completely fixated on couples and people having sex. That your sister is one of those people feels even worse. This kind of obsession has a way of closing you off to any opportunities that may be out there. Try to have a more open mind and start looking for what you could do rather than what you can't.

And yeah, moving out would be a great first step.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by saluk
    Clearly it's not "everyone" if there are profiles of every age on dating sites. There are other 30 year olds out there who don't have kids or significant others. I'll bet there are even quite a few of them who still live with their parents, and are sad about not getting out more and doing more fun things.

(Of course, it's also possible to hang out and have a good time with people who have both significant others and kids)

You are lonely and bitter, so get completely fixated on couples and people having sex. That your sister is one of those people feels even worse. This kind of obsession has a way of closing you off to any opportunities that may be out there. Try to have a more open mind and start looking for what you could do rather than what you can't.

And yeah, moving out would be a great first step.
    Well said. Any other advices?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by JDMxTeGrA101
    Well said. Any other advices?
    Expand your friend circle and do more than go out to eat/gym on your day off. You should be around many more people and involved with hobbies and outdoor activities.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Expand your friend circle and do more than go out to eat/gym on your day off. You should be around many more people and involved with hobbies and outdoor activities.
    Thanks that is the plan. Is meetup the only app that helps you expand your social circle?

Platinum Member
    Facebook usually has events, also check the local papers. You can go beyond an app though. For instance I used to play cello in high school and joined a community orchestra last year. Look for things that provide you a reason to keep going out and interacting with people. Music or dance are good for that, volunteering, biking club, I don't know what you are into but you can find these things on more than just meetup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice