girlfriend said she would have sex with stranger for $10 million, am I'm disgusted. Am I blowing this out of proportion?

My girlfriend was joking about how much her sex would be worth. She joked that it would be worth $1 million, and I asked her seriously if she would have sex with a stranger for $1 million. She said no. But then she said if she wasn't in a relationship that she would for $10 million depending on the person. I am seriously disgusted by this, and seriously questioning the relationship now. I'm thinking this may be a sign we are seriously misaligned in terms of values....

Am I blowing this way out of proportion? How would you'll feel if your significant other said this? 

Am I just totally wrong and a capitalist hollow shell to not only think this is so funny but also find myself going… I’d do it for less. 10 million for an hour?! C’mon! HA! She must really rate her… ahem! 

Jokes aside, unfortunately you seem incompatible OP. This is kind of a strange topic but in relationships with long winter nights indoors these kinda conversations for pop up!

Lo x

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I would ask if she needs help preparing for a cut of that money lol

Its just a hypothetical question. Its like "The Trolley Problem" in philosophy. Its a fictional scenario where you are presented with both though scenarios where you need to decide for one. Like "Would you let the trolley kill this 5 people or divert it to different track and kill 3 kids". Neither choice makes you a murderer, its just something to think.

I mean what are the implications here? That she is materialistic and that she would in some hypothetical scenario do it for the very obscene ammount of money? That she will leave you for some rich guy? I dont understand implications here. 

Also, in "Indecent Proposal" Demi Moore did it for much less. With the husband none the less. You could have look at that movie instead of some lame Instagram post based on that movie lol

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kikoman98 said:

My girlfriend was joking about how much her sex would be worth. She joked that it would be worth $1 million, and I asked her seriously if she would have sex with a stranger for $1 million. She said no. But then she said if she wasn't in a relationship that she would for $10 million depending on the person. I am seriously disgusted by this, and seriously questioning the relationship now. I'm thinking this may be a sign we are seriously misaligned in terms of values....

Am I blowing this way out of proportion? How would you'll feel if your significant other said this? 

Maybe this hit a nerve for you and you dislike any talk about paid sex or someone selling their body? Who knows. From where I come from that could hit a nerve, especially with rampant/illegal sex trade and oppression. Or, perhaps it sullies your view of your woman being a pristine white flower since you mentioned misaligned values. 

Whatever it is it's worth exploring further in private, to yourself.  It's not worth picking a fight over with your partner as she was just joking. 

• Like 2

First of all no one is ever going to offer someone $10 mil for sex when it can be had for free by most people.  And furthermore if someone actually has $10 mil to throw away like that, I guarantee you they will not have to shell it out for something as common as sex, so being approached for pay for play to that extent . . . that would be a clear sign that something ain't right.

Bottom line is it's a moot point since it is never ever EVER going to happen.  Yes, you are WAY overreacting here.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, dias said:

But this is an old movie. If you count the inflation it would have been 10 million nowadays 

Actually

$1,000,000 in 1993 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $1,923,515.57 today, an increase of $923,515.57 over 28 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 2.36% per year between 1993 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 92.35%.

If we want to be precise. 😁

• Like 2

What was that old story?

Man asks a woman if she'd sleep with him for $50,000. She smiles and says "I might." Then he asks if she'd sleep with him for $50. And she says "Of course not, what kind of woman do you think I am?" And he replies "We've already established that. Now we're just haggling over the price."

Is that what's bothering you? That hypothetically your girlfriend would have sex with a man for money? Because honestly, that's just silly.

Or...are you fearful she'll leave you for a wealthier man someday?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

What was that old story?

Man asks a woman if she'd sleep with him for $50,000. She smiles and says "I might." Then he asks if she'd sleep with him for $50. And she says "Of course not, what kind of woman do you think I am?" And he replies "We've already established that. Now we're just haggling over the price."

Is that what's bothering you? That hypothetically your girlfriend would have sex with a man for money? Because honestly, that's just silly.

Or...are you fearful she'll leave you for a wealthier man someday?

We all have our price. The problem is that nobody offers 10m. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, dias said:

We all have our price. The problem is that nobody offers 10m. 

There are many people I wouldn't sleep with no matter the price. Just ick.

Now that I think about it, I prefer not to be a prostitute. But you can pay me to clean your home! I'd get it spotless.