Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

A day in the life

dias

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWESOME!!!!!!

You know, I was going to say that if you ever need to, you can always turn pro photographer......but too late, you are already there. :p

Congrats on the the app too. Hope you are learning that it does take patience....more than you are willing to give things before you knee jerk and take off. Reeeeeeaaaally hope you tame that aspect of yourself and actually keep at it much longer, aka give yourself an actual chance to succeed before you quit and run again.

N I C E !!!!!!

(It won't let me capitalize the word without putting spaces between the letters :\

Thanks Jib! The British girl from the meetup group in London joked that I must be coming from a long line of Athenians because my name is so Greek and long hahahahaha. Now that I am thinking about it, it does look like the ancient Greek names lol.

AWESOME!!!!!!

You know, I was going to say that if you ever need to, you can always turn pro photographer......but too late, you are already there. :p

Congrats on the the app too. Hope you are learning that it does take patience....more than you are willing to give things before you knee jerk and take off. Reeeeeeaaaally hope you tame that aspect of yourself and actually keep at it much longer, aka give yourself an actual chance to succeed before you quit and run again.

Thank you my dear unicorn :)

Family and friends have been telling me the same thing since I was 5. Impatience is my biggest weakness, what I have in persistence and boldness I lack in patience. I am really struggling with this aspect of myself. I find it extremely difficult not to act and wait for something to happen. I am a go-go-go person and I expect results immediately. I am the exact opposite of a procrastinator. However, I can't control people and everyone has his own pace, I can't expect them to be like me.

On another note, I've been facing issues in the interviews. The HR interviews are like a walk in the park now that I have some basic experience with door to door sales. But they don't like that I haven't coded officially the last 3 years. So yesterday I got IBM's professional certificate for Data Science. In theory it takes 6-12 months or 2 months full time, it took me 10 days. At least I have something to sell in the interviews. I don't understand the "you haven't coded three years", I haven't coded at work, I have coded for personal projects but that does not really count although it was "advanced programming". I learn/execute pretty fast, this is my strength; when I have a task then everything else ceases to exist (except working out in the morning). Also, I don't understand the attitude most people have about learning and knowledge in general. What you don't know now, you study/practice it the next day, the next weeks, the next months and then you know it. It's not like I learned something once upon a time and I stick with it forever. Jesus. What you don't know, you learn it, why is this so complicated?

The newspaper wants to use another photo of mine in October. I took this one two weeks ago. Maybe I am doing the wrong job?

50364951596_47cee9acf7_o.jpgLiverpool Crowne Plaza 2 by Apostolos Konstantinos Athanasiou, on Flickr

Today I took this one

50395454461_6154ab2c49_o.jpgWaterfront by Apostolos Konstantinos Athanasiou, on Flickr

When the weather is good Liverpool is so freakin beautiful. It's not that often that's the problem. But if it was everyone would be here and it would become a cesspool. Can't have everything....

I haven't coded at work, I have coded for personal projects but that does not really count although it was "advanced programming".

Why doesn't it count?? It's still coding. You should work it into your resume and mention it in your interviews.

when I have a task then everything else ceases to exist (except working out in the morning).

I'm jealous of your ability to focus.

Why doesn't it count?? It's still coding. You should work it into your resume and mention it in your interviews.

I'm jealous of your ability to focus.

Yes of course I mention it but nobody takes it seriously; in their shoes I wouldn't too. Everyone can claim everything, you have to prove it somehow. At Dell they gave me an assignment I had to complete in one week. I squeezed 3 months of Python training into one week. Despite completing the assignment the feedback was that I don't have enough experience in Python. At least now I can show the IBM certificate, it's something.

Nothing serious so far...

Random thought 1

The lockdown is becoming stricter and stricter here in Liverpool. The cases increase exponentially it seems. One of my team members who had it is fine now. Maybe at the end of the day Boris Johnson was right from the get-go: herd immunity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random thought 2

A store manager emailed me today, she said she will take a look at the app with her managers and they will decide. I don't understand that to be honest, it is free, why do you need permission from your manager to use information that there is already on the web? It's not private data. It's the store's deals, address and phone number. Everything is online already. Plus, you won't charge the store anything. Why do you need to convene a meeting for such a little thing, what is there to think about?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random thought 3

Damn, the Italian guy in the room on the right is snoring like a hippo at night. There is a thick wall between us and still… only my grandpa was that loud. My grandpa was awesome though, it's not the same.

The Spanish girl in the room on the left had sex last night. Imagine, from one side listening to the snoring and the other side irritating moans. And she doesn't even make nice moans. Good thing, the guy is a newbie and the whole process lasted about 20 minutes. I am thinking 20 minutes for me is foreplay for a quickie. If you do it, do it right. But better this way because I would never sleep otherwise. If you half-*ss sex, imagine how terrible you would be at work. However, they sounded satisfied after the session. If you are satisfied with 20 minutes sex, you are a very lucky and happy person, you must be satisfied with everything in life.

And when the guy moans is so hilarious. I find it so freakin funny lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random thought 4

I am sun deprived. The winter is here and I don't know how long I will last. I am not homesick, I am sun-sick or Mediterranean sick. It hit me this time when I came back. I've been working from home since the lockdown started and we are not going back to the office this year. Isolated in a room so many months + no sun. Hmm, it is taking a toll on me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random thought 5

The British girl at work commented on the published photo. Nice compliment with lots of hearts at the end. I replied the same way. Damn, I like her a lot. Maybe the only time I fantasised how it would be if I pursued a girl already in a relationship. I was about to write why all the good ones are taken but it's not true, I know many bad ones who are taken. Mostly the bad ones are taken now that I am thinking about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random thought 5

How did people store fresh food before fridges were invented? You had to eat it at the same day or the following days? You can eat a chicken or two (or three if you are me) the same day but what about larger animals? How did people store cows/pigs/deer? My maternal grandparents were farmers when they were young. Usually, for this sort of philosophical questions I used to pick up the phone and call my dear grandma. I can't do it any longer..............My lovely grandma....still can't accept it. It really affected me. I am not an emotional person, it's difficult for me to get affected seriously by external factors but my yiayia's death knocked me hard.

Random thought 3 made me laugh.

Random thought 5... community roasts? Salted or dried meats?

Yes salted or dried must be the answer. Hmm, you lose a lot of flavor like this... Salted/dried chicken though? I haven't heard of it. Probably chicken went straight to the bellies the same day so it wasn't necessary.

I remember a friend telling me his 6 years old daughter had never seen a chicken in real life. I found it bizarre, it makes sense though if you are born and raised in a big city.

Most city kids probably haven't seen poultry in real life. I used to spend almost half the year with my grandparents who had all sort of poultry so I had this experience. I believe city kids wouldn't stand witnessing a chicken getting beheaded and ready for the oven. Yeah, beheaded chicken running around and tripping in a pit is not a spectacle for city kids. But if you are raised in the country/farm this is normal.

Turkey and chicken jerky!

My grandma used to can it. Not a fan, but it preserves meat.

Yeah.. I guess people back then had more important things to worry about than flavor!

And we spend so much time talking about food and taste today... life has become too easy!

Random thought 1

The new Batman movie is being filmed in Liverpool. Yes I can see why. The old emblematic buildings of Liverpool can depict Gotham city perfectly with some editing. Good choice on their part.

Random thought 2

Too much rain. I have a morning shower after working out in the morning and one shower with the clothes on in the afternoon whilst walking at the waterfront. I don’t mind the cold as long as there is sun. But cloudy and rainy weather is really not my thing whatsoever. Too Greek for this weather.

Random thought 3

I’ve been in isolation many months now, it will be close to a year in a few months. Liverpool cases are soaring, they are thinking about closing the pubs and restaurants again. Maybe we are not going back to the office in January as planned. Damn, it’s becoming difficult even for me that I am a loner. And there is no sun for the foreseeable future to salvage the situation.

Random thought 4

Since the lockdown started I have increased the frequency and duration of my training sessions. I am by far in the best shape of my life – athletically and aesthetically speaking. When I was in school I wanted to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club (like every young boy back then). Now I am more shredded than him and without any sort of supplements. But again, I’ve been training for 10 years, 6 of them seriously, most actors just train a few months before the film (plus steroids in most cases). People always comment I don’t look big with clothes, yes I don’t, I have the body type of a marathon runner not a bodybuilder, I am just very lean and athletic. I love it though, this is how I wanted to look in the first place.

Random thought 5

I came across the profile of my school crush (I was 14) on Facebook. She is full of tattoos and works as a bartender on Mykonos. I am not surprised. After high school I didn’t see her for a few years, I saw her again when I was about 23, she looked like she was 35 from the excessive partying, drinking and smoking. I can’t imagine how she would look like now in real life. From the posts on FB it seems there are still many guys interested in her. I am pretty sure it feels really awesome to be wanted by so many people but looks won’t last forever, there are plenty of pretty younger girls. I was thinking about the hot girls in high school, there is a standard pattern, the good looking girls are always the cool bad popular girls in high school, then they get a job as bartenders, then they find a rich boy whose dad has money and everything works out fine for them. Funny thing is, they look down on people and they believe they made it themselves. Talking about self-entitlement and self-delusion.

Random thought 6

I think I am at this point in life where I have to start babysitting my parents. My mom spilled milk on my dad’s laptop because he didn’t help cleaning the windows. Oh boy…they are 60+ years old… who said people mature, that’s bullsh*t. And I have to take care of them in a few years…?Hmm, I am eager to get a second job and send them money for a maid (not that they need money) if necessary but dealing with them as they get older.. yeah.. I am not sure about that. I think bro will try to put the onus on me… nope.. ain’t going to happen. I am not the one who will end up in the shrink. I am always there and always will be there for my family when they need help but I don’t do babysitting.

Random thought 7

I have about 200 downloads, about 35 active users in the app. However, most of them are from Spain, the US, Germany and the Netherlands. Mostly from Spain though. Not the UK which is what I want, actually I want people from Liverpool because there is no content for any other place. Maybe Spanish are looking for deals more often. Just an observation.

The freelancer has disappeared and there is a bug in the iOS. It gets on my nerves when people disappear and we haven’t finished the job.

Random thought 8

I think I said it before but I will say it again. God bless the people who found and popularized coffee. I could live with Greek yogurt and coffee for the rest of my life. Actually, I’ve been doing it for the last 10 years… I found the key for the cream for iced cappuccino. The milk has to be skimmed milk and it has to be almost frozen. It doesn’t make good froth otherwise.

I was thinking about the hot girls in high school, there is a standard pattern, the good looking girls are always the cool bad popular girls in high school, then they get a job as bartenders, then they find a rich boy whose dad has money and everything works out fine for them. Funny thing is, they look down on people and they believe they made it themselves. Talking about self-entitlement and self-delusion.

Those are just the ones that lack imagination. Everybody is not like this.

I have about 200 downloads, about 35 active users in the app. However, most of them are from Spain, the US, Germany and the Netherlands. Mostly from Spain though. Not the UK which is what I want, actually I want people from Liverpool because there is no content for any other place. Maybe Spanish are looking for deals more often. Just an observation.

I would totally be exploring this more. Even to the point of visiting those areas of Germany and Spain or at the very least contacting the people who are downloading. Just to see what the situation is, and if there are certain factors related to the downloads.

Those are just the ones that lack imagination. Everybody is not like this.

Of course I generalise Jib :) I think it's obvious I generalise most of the time. I know you are one of the hot girls who are not like this :friendly_wink:

I would totally be exploring this more. Even to the point of visiting those areas of Germany and Spain or at the very least contacting the people who are downloading. Just to see what the situation is, and if there are certain factors related to the downloads.

I don't know the exact places, I just know the countries. Also, I don't know who downloaded the app, this is not possible to trace*. It's random people like us. Moreover, I don't know if someone downloaded the app in order to find deals or it's a business that wants to promote deals. Given the architecture of the app, I can't distinguish the consumers from the businesses unless they create a business account.

I think at some point I have to get involved with mobile development if I want to continue pushing this app. I can't depend on freelancers forever.

*Unless your app saves the MAC address which is unique for every device and some other stuff which are not very legal anyway. Difficult things to do and it serves no purpose.

So the Spanish girl next door is positive. And i was wondering why she was in her room all day this week. She messaged me today she is positive. The only symptoms are the loss of taste and smell but nothing else. She says she feels great.

I can't get tested if I don't have symptoms, at least not for free at NHS. I think it is inevitable to catch it, hopefully my body will respond the right way. I feel great as always, working out 3 hours every day. The only place I've been going the last month is the supermarket.

Today is poultry cheat day. I already ate a chicken and 7 eggs. And it's still afternoon, I just started the marathon hehe

So the Spanish girl next door is positive. And i was wondering why she was in her room all day this week. She messaged me today she is positive. The only symptoms are the loss of taste and smell but nothing else. She says she feels great.

My friend lost his sense of smell, too! He and his wife had it back in February or March. His sense of smell has since returned. Thank god it's only temporary. I'd hate to lose my sense of smell!!

My friend's brother recently tested positive. He started to aggressively self-quarantine within his own household. Two days later, the Department of Health called him and went through their questions about his health and contact tracing. When they were done with that, they told him that as long as he didn't have a fever, no one needed to quarantine.

I googled the Covid numbers recently, and it seems to me that the death rates are way down. Cases are up, but it looks like they've gotten a handle on the treatment.

I googled the Covid numbers recently, and it seems to me that the death rates are way down. Cases are up, but it looks like they've gotten a handle on the treatment.

See... herd immunity in the end :)

To be honest, my lifestyle and quarantine don't really have much of a difference when I don't go to work. I workout every morning, I work, I go for a walk/jog in the afternoon, study something or watch something in the evening depending on the situation and that is dias' lifestyle. I don't drink so I didn't go out that much. I miss going out for a coffee or an occasional pool at the pub with my colleagues or visiting beautiful places for photography but that's it. It could have been worse.

Yesterday I purchased online a new pair of trainers, I was worried a little bit as I couldn't try it but it turned out the size is perfect. I also ordered an expensive coffee machine, I am expecting it to arrive till Monday. I am so excited, I feel like I bought a yacht, I love coffee so much :)

Archived