Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you thinking thread? round two, Part 4

indierockgrl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it when I go to bed, I cannot sleep ---even if I am tired.

And when I wake up --- all I can think of is going back to sleep (within 3 hrs of being up).

And naps --- HA!@

I hear that! Have started sleeping with nature sounds playing. That seems to be helpful.

Why is it when I go to bed, I cannot sleep ---even if I am tired.

And when I wake up --- all I can think of is going back to sleep (within 3 hrs of being up).

And naps --- HA!@

I have found old radio shows and MST3K episodes help quite my mind; I've done that for nearly 20 years now. My mind is way too active for my own good so sleeping tricks are needed. Also a small nightcap can help on really bad nights.

I have found old radio shows and MST3K episodes help quite my mind; I've done that for nearly 20 years now. My mind is way too active for my own good so sleeping tricks are needed. Also a small nightcap can help on really bad nights.

Thanks...you're right. My body is tired but my mind doesn't have an off switch. Guess I'll pour some Johnny Black on it!

Sigh. Now I have to wait until Z Nation Season 3 starts and it's killing me. I don't even have the strength to watch one of my other favorite shows right now.

I get this way with great books too. It's like a happiness/entertainment hangerover or coming down off a high. You want more of the substance, but there's nothing there. This is how rapid fan girls are born folks, and at my age that's not pretty. (sighs) Another reason to hate February.

Looking through my son's valentine baggies from school...Find what I think is a paperweight heart with a lot of colors in it. Thinking it is strange that someone would gift a preschooler a paperweight of all things. Roll it around in my hands, it feels waxy. Lightbulb moment, it's melted crayon shaped into a heart. Felt like an idiot. And also felt old because my first thought was paperweight.

Archived