Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you thinking thread? round two, Part 4

indierockgrl

It's Valentine's day and I specifically wanted to come on the forum today to wish all the fine people here with great big hearts a Huge Happy Valentine!!

It's a kind of love here, helping other people, showing support, caring.

So I hope everyone here has a fantastic one no matter how you are spending it and with who.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I go to the cemetery, I go to the children's section. I bring little toys and trinkets, and place them on stones where grass has grown over, or I chip off those covered with ice...And leave them a little something.

And I wonder why their graves look like that. I think about the parent(s) that had to bury those babies. I wonder, are they still local? Is the pain too much for them? Are they alive? Are they okay?

I can't imagine a deeper pain than that of losing a child. I naturally gravitate towards putting myself in their shoes and it is too much to even think about...Let alone live.

I don't know but I don't think your heart can ever really recover from that. I don't think it does. Life goes on because that's just what happens but I wonder...if the world stopped for them, then. And even if they live in our present if their minds are still back there with their babies.

Every time I go to the cemetery, I go to the children's section. I bring little toys and trinkets, and place them on stones where grass has grown over, or I chip off those covered with ice...And leave them a little something.

And I wonder why their graves look like that. I think about the parent(s) that had to bury those babies. I wonder, are they still local? Is the pain too much for them? Are they alive? Are they okay?

I can't imagine a deeper pain than that of losing a child. I naturally gravitate towards putting myself in their shoes and it is too much to even think about...Let alone live.

I don't know but I don't think your heart can ever really recover from that. I don't think it does. Life goes on because that's just what happens but I wonder...if the world stopped for them, then. And even if they live in our present if their minds are still back there with their babies.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm headed offshore got a deck load of cargo, it 1:45am and I'm sitting. Here thinking of you. You won't ever know bc I won't say. But things are so easy w/ you it'd be so easy to just pick back up where we left off almost 2 years ago. If I did that I'd be getting you and Ry back but would loose Taylor and my dog that's one thing I can't do. I love that little girl like she's my own daughter and Coal has filled a void in my life left by Precious and Brown Dog and Shorty that I didn't really know was there until I went and picked Coal up. Plus I'd have to give up living in Ky. God knows I love living up there. Good friends, great huntin and its just home

• 3 weeks later...

I thought over time my opinion of people in general would change, would get kinder. Apparently I was wrong. We are worse than we have ever been, more racist, more against the opposite gender, more angry, more violent, more stupid and definitely far, far more illiterate than we have ever been. Just more of the worst of humanity--even yes, and especially our elected leaders and so-called wannabe leaders as well, who have turned something that once made our country a halfway okay place to live into an all-out turf war that sends out the message that is is okay to induce violence, to encourage riots, to themselves talk about how they'd physically hurt each other.

Swear to god I'd be packing right now for another country if it weren't the fact I think I'd find the same or worse elsewhere. I feel so embarrassed right now that this is the world my sons have inherited.

Bah, I need to get offline, turn off all electronic media, and just go far far away from here. Going out to hang with the horses. They at least have some sanity and goodness.

Archived