Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

I can relate. This morning I spilled a small container of fresh blueberries all over the kitchen floor.

I spilled the rest of my son's Froot Loops - it's his "vacation cereal" but we're bending the rules some. I've been limiting fresh produce somewhat because I can't really test it out -too much touching. I eagle-eyed my favorite apples and so far the first one is good!

Annoying: old friends who come out of the woodwork now with promises to call on a specific day in that rinse/repeat fashion -one particular friend has been doing this for years - and I respond in the same way "sure, I should be around tomorrow, try me!" She messaged me with the emphatic "I'll call you tomorrow!!" last Saturday.

Local people’s ty tudes. There are going to be a whole lot of people I relate to less after this is over. My mother always says when the chips are down that’s when your real personality comes out. It’s easy to be nice when everything goes well but when it doesn’t that’s a true test of your character. A LOT of people SUCK.

I can't concentrate. I can only concentrate when I work or train. But I can't stay focused for more than a minute when I am doing anything else. I can't watch movies or TV. My brain jumps from one whatever subject to another whatever subject. It's irritating.

Snopes!! You're brilliant! Why didn't I think of this. Good you blocked the person who attacked you, Batya.

Wiseman, yeah unfortunately. :eek: I dream of the day that there's a vaccine to cure this.

The person who attacked me went on a diatribe about snopes then asked me if I wanted him to share his expert opinion. I declined, he did it anyway lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a sore throat and a headache. Occasional cough, not a deep dry cough and not constant. No fever, no chills, and I can breathe just fine although when I exert myself my chest hurts. But when I use the symptom checker on WebMD it says "isolate yourself NOW! Stay in quarantine for 14 days, you have symptoms!!!" But the doctor I saw on March 21st said I have a seasonal upper respiratory irritation, which I get every year several times a year. And this is the second or third bout just in the past 2 months. Again, totally normal for me.

It is possible to just have a common cold and not every sore throat is the dreaded virus!

You should have heard my online class instructor, she admitted to being sick and she sounded awful. She only coughed a couple of times but it sounded rough, and she lost her voice twice. Good thing she is working from home although she is putting in 12 hour days.