Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

BigKK and his overthinking, here we go...

BigKK

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny he said his current roommate called him roomie and he hated it, and we both answered the phone to each other, and said ... "hey roomie" so Maybe roomie, Biff is the bad guy from back to the future, I can't since I was brain washed to hate that name!

I feel like I'm spinning plates today... and once 5 o'clock hits I'm outta here and not going to care. I'm trying to grab a nice car for this whole Uber/Lyft gig, by nice I mean, super cheap and excellent MPG, it's funny that I sell cars but yet none of my cars qualify for Uber...funny and sad oh well.

Miss K found her tenant, it's a 30+ tattoo artist that's separating from his wife... I would of preferred the single female physician's assistant, but he has good credit and money so shouldn't be an issue as far as payments. They will be sharing a laundry room and she says she got a "good read" on him. I suggested the PA simply due to job security/money security. Since she bought a multi-unit home...essentially a duplex, he's on the top floor, she's on the bottom. The good news is she's no longer worried about finding a leasee. She's been a bit of a stressball this past month, and I think it'll settle down once she hops the last bit of hurdles.

I was invited to play beach volleyball last night... I haven't played in a long-long time, maybe a few years. The first two games were terrible...and then something happened, it just started clicking again, I used to play a lot in school. My plyometrics in the gym were paying off. It was two teams that play for a league (one was partially my girlfriend's team) by the end of it, both teams kept arguing who "gets to have me" for next season. Not to brag, but let's say I dialed my serve in and started murdering the other team. It hit me while I longboarded back home... I need to do social physical activities like that... I came alive. I quietly like a hermit go to the gym, and do my thing, and am pretty fit, but being able to use "what I've been working for" was so fun and rewarding. I'm going to look for a team to play on once a week.

On the way home in the dark I was skateboarding, and I hit a crack and crashed. Miss K was behind me, and she started yelling...a lady almost rode over my board, and I was sprawled out in the street. I was convinced I broke my arm...But just scraped knees and the biggest charlie horse in my arm and nice bruise...almost fully functional today. Pro tip: Don't skateboard at night.

Anyway, I'm excited for the weekend! No plans and don't mind... we're having a street fair, might go to that. Tonight I am going to just relax and make dinner, I MIGHT of bought a Nintendo Wii U and I MIGHT have to play it a little

LOL...I hated the name 'Biff' after that show too! Roomie it is!!!! Good on murdering the other team. YEARS ago i was on a tiny volleyball team. Why, i don't know...I'm only 5'3"...and suck. But i served 10 pts. in a row...and I still feel proud! lol

Skateboarding?? At night?? I thought only 15 years olds did that....and then they buy a car! lol At least the CAR didn't almost run over YOU!

Yeah it was a dumb decision, as soon as I hit the pavement I regretted it.

Relationship question: How can I gently say that although I am there for her, I can't constantly listen to the same old garbage complaining about stupid things. Ranting about something here and there is fine, but lately it's been pitiful battery life for a cell phone. I know everyone has to vent sometimes, but if I bring it up wrong I don't want to necessarily shut her down in the sense of "I want to talk about something, but I don't want to bug him" but if it's something so mindless as a bad cell phone battery, I can only hear about it so much. I was driving her to the airport today and just heard a long rant about it. She got a bit too drunk and heard about it on Saturday when we were out. The mission was to find a "plug-in," I'm pretty easy going and can listen to a lot, but becoming annoyed with the lamenting. My evening went from having fun, to hearing about how she needs to charge her phone and me telling her to let the damned thing just die and enjoy the night.

In her defense, she got a brand new iphone 5S a month ago, and it can't last her till 1pm at work... it's probably defective, I told her to just can the iphone and get a galaxy s5, since she needs a phone for work. But I might end up smashing a phone eventually!!! She apologized after both rants, do I just let her know after a rant... "yeah, actually you did just talk about a phone battery the last 10 minutes and please be mindful of that, I don't want to hear about your phone issue all the time" Gah I already sound bitter about it haha, I don't know how to approach this or word it.

She can just take the iPhone to apple and they'll give her a new one.

I have no idea how you can prevent ranting. When a client that's a ranter calls me, I answer with, "Hi ___, thank you so much for calling. Today I'm really busy, what can I help you with?" which in bf would translate to, "Hey baby, it's so good to hear from you! I miss you! I'm really busy right now, what's up?" Maybe that will help?

She can just take the iPhone to apple and they'll give her a new one.

I have no idea how you can prevent ranting. When a client that's a ranter calls me, I answer with, "Hi ___, thank you so much for calling. Today I'm really busy, what can I help you with?" which in bf would translate to, "Hey baby, it's so good to hear from you! I miss you! I'm really busy right now, what's up?" Maybe that will help?

Will they? I am pretty sure her battery is a dud, but I thought they will run tests and give it back (googling the internet they say the battery life has to be wretched in order to get it replaced)...I'll have her take it to apple.

That would work faraday but this is in person rantings, not over the phone. She can't rant over the phone because her phone is dead haha

Apple is amazing. If you take your phone back for any reason, they usually replace it. I'm astounded by their customer service....it's the main reason I buy apple.

I have a few rants that I get caught up in...and if I'm a good rant, my bf will look at me with big eyes and pretend to go into a coma. I take the hint.

Apple is amazing. If you take your phone back for any reason, they usually replace it. I'm astounded by their customer service....it's the main reason I buy apple.

I have a few rants that I get caught up in...and if I'm a good rant, my bf will look at me with big eyes and pretend to go into a coma. I take the hint.

Use humour to gently bring her back to reality and get the hint, got it!

We will see faraday, she's been documenting the battery usage daily and it's pitiful, I usually can go about 2 days on mine, and she can't make it through half the day of work. If it's not resolved soon by either Apple replacing it, I'm going to give her my upgrade and the S5 (better battery life) and save everyone's sanity.

Spent the evening with roomieK, his bro and bros wife, we had a lot of fun.

Space is good, I was even looking forward to it. I can't wait to see her but I like feeling that way, it'll grow stronger but I like to actually have the missing feeling, before Id run and defend against it. She wrote me some really sweet things, and sometimes it just makes all the little annoying things melt away immediately. I feel as though I found a good pair and match, the way we rapid Fire humor back and forth, it's almost like a pass time for the two of us.

It's 1:30am and I about to go to bed and just gushing right now. I like that.

Re: her "venting about cell battery", etc.

My bro actually had this problem with his gf. He would listen the first time and offer suggestions (in her case it was always work) and when she brought the

exact issue up again, he would firmly tell her....I want to be supportive, but I have offered some solutions. I know you want to vent, but I honestly have

nothing else to add --- and rehashing the same thing over and over is, honestly, tiring for me as well.

It worked. Whether she solved the issues, vented to someone else --- or realized that she was venting for the sake of venting, it stopped.

(BTW....he will marry her in Nov).

Re: her "venting about cell battery", etc.

My bro actually had this problem with his gf. He would listen the first time and offer suggestions (in her case it was always work) and when she brought the

exact issue up again, he would firmly tell her....I want to be supportive, but I have offered some solutions. I know you want to vent, but I honestly have

nothing else to add --- and rehashing the same thing over and over is, honestly, tiring for me as well.

It worked. Whether she solved the issues, vented to someone else --- or realized that she was venting for the sake of venting, it stopped.

(BTW....he will marry her in Nov).

Thanks mhowe, I think I will verbalize it and not be afraid. She apologizes afterwards, so she's aware it's not the most fun conversation topic in the world. I have yet to tell her that I don't want to hear about it.

She vented about work too, but doesn't make a habit of it...so that doesn't bother me..,since she really likes her job.

Regardless, I need to work on just opening my mouth about certain things. I Think we sometimes serve as mirrors for each other... To let the other person know they're out of line.

I guess I was just worried about not being supportive but also don't want to slowly become the apple product complaint center.

It's going to get solved when she gets back... I appreciate the input though. I won't be so guarding with showing that I am not excited to hear about the same old complaints all the time. I had a complete different point of view after reading responses and talking to a friend about it, plus she's been gone for a few days so I kinda sorta miss her! Are you excited about your brother's wedding?!

ALTHOUGH, she calls me from the hotel room late at night because she couldn't sleep *cue the gross cheesiness* and wanted to hear my voice since she says its soothing. We talked about a few things, and then she started getting sleepy so I got off the phone. Seems as though she misses me too.

Of course mister Over thinker contemplated whether we're "too much" because she needs to talk to me before she goes to bed, but then I said naaah, I think it's normal. I'm still learning what normal is, it seems like. I sometimes feel like an alien!

In other news, it's move day!! And I have no physical energy to do it, I still have the place till the 17th, but the whole hallway reeks terribly of cat urine, so I am just going to slam coffees all day and do this in one swift blow. Sadly it's a three story house, and queen size bed and moving dressers by yourself is no fun...LUCKILY I've been working out a lot, so I can definitely do it! And I'm one of those people that always helps others out with moves, and what not, but never asks for help when I'm doing it myself. Miss K told me if I wait that she'd help me, thought it was nice, but I'd rather be out ASAP and told her she can help out with decorating/arranging since she loves that.

I am happy to get this monkey on my back. A lot of my stuff has been in limbo, and I feel like I am going to take care of a lot of things at once.

The only annoying part is the electricity is under my name at the old place, (since they had terrible credit) so I am not sure what EXACTLY to do...I think technically I could tell them to switch it Oct 1st since I'm leaving today and won't use any electricity, but they're being difficult with stepping up. I already know dealing with her car, that no one will do it, so I might just pull my name and they'll pay for electricity once the power is shut off.

The internet is not paid for, and no one is bothering to pay for it. The kitchen is a terrible mess...I haven't cooked and or bothered trying since I'd have to clean it before I go in there. I am just trying to get out, and hopefully get my security deposit (landlord said she'd pay it asap) Now that I think about it, they can't withhold security deposit for not paying electricity... they'd have to take me to small claims. So I might just remove myself today as well.

Remove yourself from the electricity ---- your roomies won't and you don't need your credit ruined. You don't need to wait until month end. Leave the provider with names and phone numbers of your roomies.....and leave them a note saying electricity will be shut off and roomies need to call to get it on.

Frig the cable bill/internet. Let them pay reconnect charges.

Cheesy talking at night ----- lol --- I do enjoy hearing from bf if we are apart at night, but I can sleep without it!

And finally, yes --- excited about bro's wedding. He is 55 and this is his first. Have a feeling it will be an extravaganza!

Rough day end...

Family friend dies of a heart attack, he was 65, my dad's bass player in his band

on the way home to move, a girl crashes into me

It wasn't a big deal but I tell Miss K and she texts back, I get mad that she doesn't call me... turns out she did but my phone was disconnecting the calls... I know I was reverting frustration onto her, so I dropped it

This morning I come to work and find it broken into, filed a police report, they said they might come by and take a look at the video, I got mad and gave them a piece of my mind. I told them what if you guys have seen them and caught them before and someone notices, why not at least stop in for a minute and take the evidence at least.

*deep breath*

I am almost done moving, I slept at my new place, my friend was so happy and welcoming...it was really a weight off my shoulders, he was very kind to me. It was the 15 year anniversary of his father's tragic death, and he said it was the first time it didn't affect him as much...because he's happy finally, I really liked to hear that. It's something else living with someone so close.

I couldn't sleep so I got up at 4am and completely scrubbed the kitchen inside and out, he woke up at 6 to go surfing and made a joke that he didn't know I was a meth addict. I just wanted a fresh start and will be working hard today to finish moving my stuff.

The landlord asked for "an official move out date" I told her today, and asked the ex-roommate that I liked that if they get a tenant sooner, to please let me know, since the landlord will owe me whatever remainder of rent.

I created a massive to-do list, and I'm just hacking away at it. Right now... ordering an upgraded security camera system we've been putting off. It's for security and also to record cars coming in, some customers say that we damaged their car and want us to pay... 90% of the time I am able to show them via camera that it's untrue and they didn't notice the scratch/dent, so it pays for itself everytime it saves us a "cost of running business" repair.

Miss K returns this evening, she called me last night and was really nice and heard me out...she had a really rough day with work, another "company" or division basically manipulated information to make it sound like they figured something out, and Miss K and her crew were incompetent. She said it was the exact opposite, but since he said that in front of the highest level bosses, you can't just blatantly call him a liar, etc. She happy to be coming back, she gets her house keys on Monday. I am going to help her with fridge and air conditioner shopping.

Looking forward to hearing about your bro's wedding mhowe

What a crap fest day you had! Yikes.

Cops can be weird....I once had my car ransacked at my condo. Can't call it "broken into" as it wasn't locked. They took spare change...left a leather briefcase,

some very expensive pens --- and even missed some $$ in a pocket of the briefcase.

I called the cops just to report it ---- and they sent a detective over to dust the car for fingerprints!!! Either it was a slow day, or they thought I was somebody

I'm wasn't.

Bro says he has "a few surprises"....god only knows what he has up his sleeve. I will be sure to let you know!

Welp, I'm alive, still recovering a little.. all moved in and happy.

I won't go into a great detail and was happy had nothing to report except a minor incident I'll explain later.

This morning I thought awww shucks, I'm so at peace I don't even feel like writing in the journal!!

I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Talk me down someone! I want to get mad, I have been talking about going to salsa on Wednesday for months... MONTHS, something always comes up... I want to learn to Salsa dance... maybe it's weird for some, but I really do. I thought it would be fun to do with a partner. My girlfriend agreed. Our second date was salsa dancing and we both had a lot of fun... 6 months ago. I've been trying to go.

Every Wednesday it's an excuse...so here it is. I ask about Wednesday Salsa as I always do... (if she doesn't want to go, then just say so) She says oh it is!!! and 30 minutes later I get oooh shoot I made tentative plans with the girls. I said that's fine, have fun. She keeps saying sorry, since I've been wanting to go for EVER. She keeps saying she wants to go... I keep telling her if she doesn't it's fine.

Well now she is saying sorry...and for me to wait one more week. I honestly want to just go alone... I'm thinking of what we talked about before (on this journal and what was advised to me)...having separate lives. Is it wrong for me to go to salsa classes by myself and dance with strangers? I want to learn but my girlfriend seems to find away to flake out on me. She keeps asking for me to wait for next week, and I'm a little bit stuck on what to do.

Appropriate? Inappropriate? Do I just tell her have fun, and go, do I ask her if it's okay if I go? Thoughts?

This is a sorta coupley event, but then again it's also just learning to dance...and if she doesn't want to be a part of it then I should still do what makes me happy

To tilt the world a little... moving in with my best friend has been wonderful thus far, I feel a lot better. He's been hanging with his new girl all the time, but it's like living alone almost... anyway any advice is always welcome, I am not sure and want to be talked down a little bit

Go to Salsa!

But I would let her know you are going to go ahead and go. Don't ask. Do so with a good attitude and not in a way that you feel like you may be doing something wrong. .because you are not!

I don't think you'll find mostly couples there. I think just as many individuals go to these types of classes. Maybe more.

It may surprise her but I think it's a healthy decision, as you said to be individuals as well as being a couple.

No reason she should hold you back from doing something that you've been wanting to do. Nothing inappropriate about it!

I'll bet it may get her attention and she may definitely be on board next week. Don't do it for this reason though. .Go for yourself.

If she joins you, bonus!

....normally I'd say just go....buuut.... dancing is one of those things where some people have very strong feelings and boundaries about it in terms of seeing it as intimate, sexual, etc. I'd say figure out where she is at on that. I'd file this under not worth wrecking the relationship over considering how many other interests you have. So if she is cool with it, great, if not, oh well. Pick your battles and all that...

Wanted to update... I talked to my best friend/ roommate.

I ended up NOT going, I got mad based on principal, but guess who was procrastinating?! Me! He called me out and said don't you have an exam, and I do, so I stayed in and studied instead. Exam on Monday, I'm studying right now, and have been getting better. She went to her girls night and had fun and it was fine. She won't miss next week I don't think, and she made a good point... this group of friends rarely gets together and I took it personally all while avoiding my true responsibility...doing well in school right now.

So the whole post was a moot point, and I left out that vital piece of info. Should I go to Salsa alone, and avoid my responsibilities and fight about it, or be responsible and stay home and study on an alone night.

Last night she came over and actually tutored me for an hour. I swear to you this isn't love, but she explains statics and couple moments better than my teacher. She was reading and doing art, and I was simplying working away on problems, and would ask her for help every 20 minutes or so. She said she loved helping me and said that I am still adjusting to being a student again and need to work on setting aside time for that. I got schooled two fold, scholastically and personally...I am not always the best time manager. I am still a little off from not exercising a lot due to being sick so I noticed a correlation..

The less I exercise, the more the craziness comes out. Tonight is a Festival and that should be fun, Polish food and beer. Tomorrow I am helping her out with her new house... she got keys and I gave her a few tips gently. (Didn't want to come off bossy) She wanted to buy all new couches for thousands, and I showed her a few potentials on craigslist. Let's just say she basically stole a new leather couch for $150... the thing had to be $2000+ Her jaw dropped. Also helped her with negotiating prices at Best Buy on appliances... Got them to come down $800, once again, she was going to pay full price. She didn't know they would negotiate. I'm not saying this to brag or paint her as naive, I think she is quite the opposite... but she has been very thankful for my help and input...it's a nice feeling. She wants to "christen" her new house tomorrow evening... so essentially champagne and being naughty on all the furniture. I'm not going to argue with that. She's been good in general, minus getting picked on at work... all of her coworkers that they have a little "crew" they have been making fun of her being passionate about her project and speaking out about it...since according to her they were doing it wrong and she didn't want it to slide. She's hurt since the guys are basically her work friends, and she walked into a meeting of them all laughing about her, I just listened, she has tough skin and will be fine, but I guess it can happen when you're the youngest in the group and the only female.

My roomie, roomieK Just got dropped like a sack of potatoes yesterday by his 42 year old (crazy) single mom with 3 kids (I thought it was 2) He already was getting attached with the kids (he's great with kids) This morning he was telling me he wanted to take the day off and just be sad. The woman got jealous of a friend of his, and in the morning texted him "Don't ever call or text me ever again" Let's not forget this is also a co-workers of his that he will have to deal with eventually. I told him throughout...that this is not the woman for her. Regardless...he's still hurting, and he started to get really strong feelings towards her. He was upset she didn't even give him an explanation or anything, just drops him. I had a good talk with him and tried to lift him up, and I grabbed his running shoes, and basically pushed him out the door to run on the bay instead of mopping. He called me an hour later thanking me for listening, for making him dinner the night before, and that he feels in control again after the exercise. He wants to talk to her for closure, not to get back... I warned him, she's crazy and he might not get it, and he just needs to take care of his emotional health. So he's putting extra effort into work... he's already a rockstar right now... top in sales in southern california. He'll be fine, I invited him out to the festival and he's happy to go. I just remember being in the same spot, and it's a nice feeling getting taken care of so-to-speak. He thanks me last night since he felt a little bit needy and I asked him if he wants me to eat dinner with him and he said yes he actually really would, so I did.

Archived