Weird things in the opposite sex that turn people OFF

quirky

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha good! Yeah no, I will NEVER have hair like Fabio. That is NOT a good look. I'm going for something like Patrick Dempsey would do. I hate using product in my hair (I'm not one of those Italians who uses tons of hairgel), but I will have to use a little to achieve that look once it is long enough in a few weeks. But yeah, I prefer a matte finish to my hair.

Another turn off - (and I don't know why I didnt think of this one earlier) - women who wear tons of makeup. Like Christina Aguilera. Ladies...you don't need all that war paint!!! That is gross!! I want to see YOU!

If you are one of those women who look significantly different without makeup...then Sayonara!

So the McDreamy do will be ready in a couple weeks huh?...I'll have to judge the outcome for myself.

Yeah even I don't like women who paint it on and I'm a woman! On most days my only musts are powder, mascara, and eyeliner!

Men with naturally high pitched voices (Mike Tyson) or men who are built like women (I've seen some men with wide hips)

Oh, woman hips or high voices are a definite NO!

I also agree with whomever posted about souped-up cars. I really hate that, if there are fancy rims, decals, gauges and weird lights on your car and it's excessively loud, I will not want to date you, It doesn't impress me.

Exactly! My first thought is..."there goes a guy with a tiny....er.... member." Come on we all know you're compensating for SOMETHING.

How about guys who wear their jeans around their thighs showing off their entire underwear for all the world to see? Gross beyond words. Ugh.

Guys who wear their pants sagging, showing their 'draws'...and any guy who would attempt wearing pants or sweats with the word 'juicy' accross the back lmao...

Especially if it's a man (over 30) and not a boy! Seriously get a belt and learn how to use it! I do not need to see your drawers! It is not hot in any way!

Especially if it's a man (over 30) and not a boy! Seriously get a belt and learn how to use it! I do not need to see your drawers! It is not hot in any way!

Sometimes when I see guys dressed that way I am tempted to run up behind them and yank the pants all the way down, just for giggles.

Sometimes when I see guys dressed that way I am tempted to run up behind them and yank the pants all the way down, just for giggles.

Lol! Happybear, I've actually commented on wanting to do this myself! Too funny...

I still don't understand how their pants actually stay on when they wear them so low. You would think the slightest breeze would cause them to drop!

Lol! Happybear, I've actually commented on wanting to do this myself! Too funny...

I still don't understand how their pants actually stay on when they wear them so low. You would think the slightest breeze would cause them to drop!

LOL, I know right, when I see this I often wonder why the laws of gravity don't seem to apply to these pants, I just don't understand why they don't fall down! Maybe one day I should just go up to one of these dudes and politely ask...lol

Oh please do that and tell us!!!

I have noticed that sometimes the wearer (does that word even "fit" here?) is holding up the pants in front with one hand on the waistband. I can't figure out why I would want to wear pants that require me to have one hand occupied all the time.

Another thing that turns me off, except I think it is popular, is that fauxhawk thing that has been around for a few years. I kind of get distracted by the little mountain of top of the man's head and stop listening. Ha! I am hopeless.

Oh please do that and tell us!!!

I have noticed that sometimes the wearer (does that word even "fit" here?) is holding up the pants in front with one hand on the waistband. I can't figure out why I would want to wear pants that require me to have one hand occupied all the time.

Another thing that turns me off, except I think it is popular, is that fauxhawk thing that has been around for a few years. I kind of get distracted by the little mountain of top of the man's head and stop listening. Ha! I am hopeless.

This is hilarious! I totally agree!

LOL, I know right, when I see this I often wonder why the laws of gravity don't seem to apply to these pants, I just don't understand why they don't fall down! Maybe one day I should just go up to one of these dudes and politely ask...lol

Do it, Happpybear! Do it! And if you do follow through, please make sure to fill us in on the results of your research. Lol.

Women who won't wear dresses, I'm not talking all the time; but once in a regular while would be great.

Women that refuse to shave their legs in the winter, if you don't at all that's fine; but the stubble on my face drives me nuts yours is no better.

Hair constantly in a pony tail or pixie cuts, this just doesn't do it for me.

They have the small yappy dogs and treat them like kids and better than their date. (I had one date, I was expected to give that barking rat a goodnight kiss; never again with the small dogs)

My generation was the first. I wore my pants low when it was in style in 1995. We lowered them to make it more baggy, then cops started giving out tickets, so we would lift them up when they drove by. They just copied that style, but made the pants tight, which just means they want to show their butt.

Now i wear normal jeans.

Bleached teeth. The whiter, the bigger the turn-off.

This is actually for either sex, but I just dislike it. And I think it qualifies as a "weird" turn-off because it seems it's EVERYWHERE and has become a basic grooming need or something, and even bohemian types seem to do it now. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like to see starched teeth.

Teeth should naturally have an off-white, ivory cast to look real to me. White white teeth look like they came from the store or belong on a mannequin.

It also looks like an announcement that you feel you have to clean up stains. It's just the vibe I get. I mean, stained, yellow teeth aren't my bag either, but teeth that are day-glo white freak me out and seem like trying too hard.

Also, I just know it's bad for enamel (whatever your dentist tells you to get money) and peroxide can be bad for oral tissues.

I guess it goes with the whole personal attire/presentation thing -- I like grooming to not call attention to itself, one way or the other. It should just sort of be "there." Anything that makes me conscious of the effort you put in starts to dock you points. Like, "I see you use Crest Strips" or "I see you use product in your hair". If I'm thinking that, you're turning me off. lol

I agree with this, lol. Do you remember that "Friends" episode where Ross bleached his teeth and they glowed in the dark? LMAO that *still* cracks me up!

Haha, no, I never saw that episode (I never really watched "Friends" that much), but that sounds hilarious -- I almost posted "glow-in-the-dark" type teeth! At least I'm not the first to point out it can be overdone! (but actually, to me, even when it's more subtle, I notice it and it bugs me.)

My ex had his teeth that white, and when we took pics together, my teeth looked yellow by comparison (though I have good oral hygiene), and he pointed out *gently* that maybe I should get my teeth bleached.

I found a better solution. I stopped taking pictures with him, in fact, standing next to him, in fact, being with him. LOL

Archived