Weird things in the opposite sex that turn people OFF

quirky

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think, in her prime (not when she was fat and with the Go-Go's), Belinda Carlisle may have been the most beatiful woman of all time

I loved how she looked too, so cute.

But if she wanted to discuss Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, it could be a plus!

How about Arrested Development or Twin Peaks?? 8) I love documentaries and factual stuff but I watch some girly trash too like makeovers, I love makeovers, how they are at the beginning of the show and then they sort out their clothes makeup and then the woman is confident again and everyone cries at the end..lol

Just thought of another one...when I find out a guy is a UFC fan. I don't know what it does to me, but as soon as I hear they're big UFC fans, I'm instantly turned off...

Hahahaha! I cop this all the time! Guys like that I'm a girly girl and then they see me watching MMA and get the shock of their lives!! LOL!!! Oh well, I'm sure he's out there! Haha!

Another turn off: men obsessed with cars! Puh-lease!

Oh I thought of some more...

If he says "I don't read" and makes jokes about books having no pictures.

Hairy/pimply backs... Ewwwwwwww... I actually find most body hair gross and think men waxing is TOTALLY acceptable!!

But a big one for me is if he says the Simpsons are stupid... get out of my life! And that's not just men/dating, that's just in general! If anyone says they don't like the simpsons or its a kids show, my opinion of them suddenly changes! LOL!

Mine:

Men with long hair- just no

Men with piercings or tats

Men who wear skinny jeans

Men who are tight with money and wouldn't go to nice places because they are "stuck up"- lame, stop being intimidated and stingy

Narrow minded-ness and not trying new things

Bad hygiene

Guys who aren't manly- e.g wouldn't get rid of a spider or can't change a light bulb

Guys who are too passive and can't take control- eg on dates them asking where u want to go, it puts me off! I don't mind later on making decisions but at first I want the guy to be confient and make the plans

if a man is too clean: shaved and smelling of cologne

if he's very well dressed

if he comes accross very confident and sociable

if he seems very successful/has lots of money

Not trying to be funny but is the above a joke?! I am genuinely shocked at how these things can turn you OFF?! So you want someone unsuccessful, poor, not confident or social and badly dressed?!

Lol....

if a man is too clean: shaved and smelling of cologne

if he's very well dressed

if he comes accross very confident and sociable

if he seems very successful/has lots of money

Not trying to be funny but is the above a joke?! I am genuinely shocked at how these things can turn you OFF?! So you want someone unsuccessful, poor, not confident or social and badly dressed?!

Lol....

Just because I am not attracted to this doesn't mean I want the polar opposite.

I am not well off financially so I don't care to date someone with lots of money, I won't be able to follow his lifestyle.

I don't like someone squeaky clean, I just don't..it's not homely.

Same with smart outfits. I assume he pays too much attention to his image and I like someone more scruffy and intellectual.

One can be happy with themselves and confident enough without being overly confident. I like people that fluctuate between being confident/vulnerable, sociable/moody.

Just goes to show we all like different things! I love long hair in men or strange hairdo's like big afro or mohican and vintage type clothes.

Veiny hands/arms. Dear lord NO. It really freaks me out. My ex was into body building and was developing a lot of viens and he love the way they looked. I HATED it. I just have a bit of a vien phobia in general lol

Also 'swag'. If I have to explain what swag is...not sure I can lol. It's like 'game', being smoothe. I hate swag. It's such a turn off. Give me a slightly awkward guy any day. I really hate guys that are cocky- so could be considered the same thing.

Men with naturally high pitched voices (Mike Tyson) or men who are built like women (I've seen some men with wide hips)

Lol....yes to the high pitched voice....and for the 'feminine' body guy. Or guys with feminine mannerisms...just makes me feel like loaning him my lipgloss lol

Oh, I forgot to mention what a few other people have already posted - grammar! If I'm reading a guy's online dating profile and he doesn't know the difference between their/there/they're, or your/you're, or then/than, it's a deal breaker. I can't tolerate these types of mistakes! I know typos happen, but if I see this throughout a profile, I cringe.

Just because I am not attracted to this doesn't mean I want the polar opposite.

I am not well off financially so I don't care to date someone with lots of money, I won't be able to follow his lifestyle.

I don't like someone squeaky clean, I just don't..it's not homely.

Same with smart outfits. I assume he pays too much attention to his image and I like someone more scruffy and intellectual.

One can be happy with themselves and confident enough without being overly confident. I like people that fluctuate between being confident/vulnerable, sociable/moody.

Just goes to show we all like different things! I love long hair in men or strange hairdo's like big afro or mohican and vintage type clothes.

Quirky, I like that you're different! Oftentimes your posts remind me of one of my good friends, sometimes I wonder if you're her actually!

Lol nooooo!!! Dang it. Ok, I will tell Sir F-bombs it's a no-go. I will try to find someone without man boobs and who isn't passive aggressive. And you can pass along my number to Ms. Chastain

I also can't stand passive aggressive women. If you have something to say, just say it. No mind games!

Haha, Jessica is busy but I can always pass you along to Renee Zellweger.

Archived