Weird things in the opposite sex that turn people OFF

quirky

I actually think the 2 of you would make a super team. One of you would get the girls who like the preppy look the other would get the ones who like a little toughness (not that Thor can't be preppy and MCJD cant be tough but you get what I'm saying). You could be each other's wing man and have success at any bar in NYC!

Hahaha! Yeah I think we would do well as a team, though Thors is indeed more tough and outgoing than I am. And I'm pretty outgoing for someone who is slightly introverted.

Since Saved the Bell has just come to mind (since Zack was always called "preppy"), Thors is kinda like AC Slater (tough/edgy - minus the curly haired mullet) and I am Zack Morris (pure preppy, except I'm not blonde). LOL!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Friends don't let friends skip leg day!

I get complimented on my legs at the gym (by dudes and women alike) all the time, but I never work them out. Then they ask me "do you play soccer or something." It's just the way I'm built, like a true Italian/Latino It's all good, because since I don't have to work out legs, that gives me more time to do cardio in addition to other body parts.

There are some guys are my gym that have huge upper bodies and chicken legs...it's quite comical to behold. If they shaved their legs, they'd be sexy!!! LMAO

I don't like seeing women's rib cage. Something about seeing rib bones poking out remind me that she's just a skeleton under all that beauty and it takes away the magic of physical beauty. Like watching a TV documentary about how special effects work in movies. Now you know, but it takes away some of the magic of watching the movie.

I see a few like that too. I don't know what they're thinking.

Do they wear their jeans and work boots to the beach? (you know those guys!)

Seriously! Regardless of what women think, I'm all about being proportionate. The "macho man" in me would love to bulk up and put some more muscle, but for my height (5'7"), it would not look to me OR many women. I'm already around 170lbs and like 12-13% body fat, so right now I'm just trying to maintain/cut a little.

I don't get how those guys at the gym bulk up like that and don't look proportionate with their chicken legs. Reminds me of the old MTV show (I think it was "Made") where the guy got calf implants. I mean...who the hell does that?!? It's ok to bulk up, but don't end up looking like your legs can't hold up your upper body! LOL

I think sometimes the chicken leg thing may just all be due to genetics. One of my exes was pretty built-up on top, but had natural chicken legs despite working them out like crazy! He just couldn't bulk up his legs, and ya he looked like a goof on the beach lol awww, but meh, what can you do right?

I don't like seeing women's rib cage. Something about seeing rib bones poking out remind me that she's just a skeleton under all that beauty and it takes away the magic of physical beauty. Like watching a TV documentary about how special effects work in movies. Now you know, but it takes away some of the magic of watching the movie.

When my ex husband and I started dating he told me he liked that he could see my ribs. I thought that was a bizarre "compliment". Turned out he had a fetish for super thin chicks that was not limited to me. Doh!

On topic: guys who bite their nails habitually is a turn off. It's not so much the nail biting, it's how disgusting their

fingers look.

I like SHORT hair on men. Long hair is a turn off. Tattoos, too. Ear piercing.

I love a man who carries himself well/looks comfortable in a suit.

Reading this thread makes me worried for my son. He's 18 and took to wearing suit and tie in 10th grade. He dressed that way in an urban high school and now his jobs both require "fancy" duds. He's extremely conservative. No wonder he gets shot down consistently. And he does try. He is not shy.

Reading this thread makes me worried for my son. He's 18 and took to wearing suit and tie in 10th grade. He dressed that way in an urban high school and now his jobs both require "fancy" duds. He's extremely conservative. No wonder he gets shot down consistently. And he does try. He is not shy.

I doubt he has anything to worry about in the long run, many women, myself included, love the way a man looks in a well fitted suit. He may be struggling a bit now with younger girls, but i bet when he gets into his mid twenties he will attract a lot of ladies.

I doubt he has anything to worry about in the long run, many women, myself included, love the way a man looks in a well fitted suit. He may be struggling a bit now with younger girls, but i bet when he gets into his mid twenties he will attract a lot of ladies.

Thanks for that. Makes me feel a little better. He wants a girlfriend so bad.

But not bad enough to lower his standards.

Picky eaters also turn me off!

Thanks for that. Makes me feel a little better. He wants a girlfriend so bad.

But not bad enough to lower his standards.

Picky eaters also turn me off!

Yep....picky eaters are a turnoff. I like a steak eating, beer drinking guy lol. I will eat just about anything...and do.

Also guys who think they are being charming by insulting you in 'jest'. It's not charming or nice....period.

I have a customer who thinks he's being funny because he makes fun of some of the jeans I wear at work...the ones with the little rhinestones on the back pockets. He mentioned that I wasn't wearing them the last ime he saw me, so my 'ass' wasn't standing out. .....really??? Wow, who wouldn't be charmed by THAT?? Lol!!!

Yep....picky eaters are a turnoff. I like a steak eating, beer drinking guy lol. I will eat just about anything...and do.

Also guys who think they are being charming by insulting you in 'jest'. It's not charming or nice....period.

I have a customer who thinks he's being funny because he makes fun of some of the jeans I wear at work...the ones with the little rhinestones on the back pockets. He mentioned that I wasn't wearing them the last ime he saw me, so my 'ass' wasn't standing out. .....really??? Wow, who wouldn't be charmed by THAT?? Lol!!!

Isn't this a PUA tactic? lol I remember watching that show on VH1 and it seems like that was one of his main tactics. But I agree. It's a turn off.

Isn't this a PUA tactic? lol I remember watching that show on VH1 and it seems like that was one of his main tactics. But I agree. It's a turn off.

I think that depends on the woman's security and comfort with you though. Age is another factor to an extent. In JA0371's case, the man said something idiotic. That said, I'd be turned off by a woman who refused to have fun and took everything I said 100% seriously. Like I know a girl that is pale and stays up all night, so her and I joke that she is a vampire etc and she loves it. (She's like you better be afraid of me!" But I agree you don't say something like, "Your pouring out of those jeans" unless you wanna get ruined haha.

Ugh what a loser! Too bad that he is a customer, so you have to smile and be polite. I hope you said something cheeky (ha, pardon the pun!) in response, lol

It's called 'negging'. I got it on okcupid a lot.

It was hilarious to me how these guys would insult me and try to be all alpha, I'd call them out on it, and then they'd backtrack and try to suck up to me as a completely new strategy when it didn't work. The messages I got. I would just tear them down if they pulled that stuff on me.

I think that depends on the woman's security and comfort with you though. Age is another factor to an extent. In JA0371's case, the man said something idiotic. That said, I'd be turned off by a woman who refused to have fun and took everything I said 100% seriously. Like I know a girl that is pale and stays up all night, so her and I joke that she is a vampire etc and she loves it. (She's like you better be afraid of me!" But I agree you don't say something like, "Your pouring out of those jeans" unless you wanna get ruined haha.

I guess it's the difference between affectionate and clever teasing (which I LOVE and is a huge turn-on for me) and dumb and/or mean-spirited insults. My ex was a master at the affectionate teasing thing - he did it to friends and loved ones, and it was a sign he was fond of someone. Of course, it can sometimes be a fine line, because you never know what someone might be sensitive about. But I mostly love it when it's done well because it shows someone really seeing you and liking you.

Does anyone remember that VH1 show "Pickup Artist?" I remember watching it when I was in high school and thinking to myself "that creepy Marilyn Manson wannabe is a pickup artist? Does this sh#%t actually work?" I never tried it myself. I think it's bs. Yeah, you do have to talk to girls in a certain way to avoid the friend zone, and I didn't learn this until towards the end of college (thanks to going to an all boy Catholic high school). But I'd rather just be myself and roll my own dice as opposed to "running game" or "doing a routine." I think it's so stupid, personally.

I find it a huge turn-off when a man flaunts other woman--or the idea of other woman when we are in the attraction/early dating stage. Granted, this doesn't happen as much to me anymore I think because I am older (though it happened earlier this year with a 40 year old dude..so maybe I speak to soon)

I assume two things when I meet a guy 1) He has slept around and been promiscuous and has been with a lot of women, 2) he is likely dating around and I am not his only option. However, I don't want to hear about it! I don't want to know that there are other woman in his orbit. Whenever a guy did this to me in the past, I would gently bow-out of the game. Because I feel that it is a game, and I guess there are some woman out there who would be spurred to action if they find out they have competition, but I do the exact opposite and disappear, I guess I feel like I'm one of many and not all that special.

Yes, its called negging. Its done to insecure women who keep chasing "challenges". I used to love teasing women- it was never done to work their insecurity it was just to get a laugh- more playful than anything else, but in some cases it did work by accident- one being my ex of 3 years, she laughed a lot when i teased her on her snorting laugh and her suburban lingo. Around the 2 year mark when i asked her why she stopped snorting when she laughed and why she switched up the lingo that i found so cute- she actually confessed that my teasing started to hurt her feelings when it got old, she just laughed to avoid a fight- so since then i never teased again- well i still do - but just neutral things and i always follow up with how much i like whatever i am teasing her on.

But, women do neg too. They have done it to me all the time, i have heard, "hey, you are short" and then at the end of the night they are asking if i have a girlfriend. My friend was told by a receptionist that he looks old, a few minutes later she was asking him if he was single and if he has a type.

But, women do neg too. They have done it to me all the time, i have heard, "hey, you are short" and then at the end of the night they are asking if i have a girlfriend. My friend was told by a receptionist that he looks old, a few minutes later she was asking him if he was single and if he has a type.

This has happened to me too. I was at a wedding recently, and the girl sitting next to me basically came out and said "hmm, the only thing is your a little on the short side" (and she was like 5'3" - go figure). I didn't fold...I said something snarky like "yeah, well, if you want a chance with me, you'll just have to get over that!" I kissed her later on that night on the dance floor.

This has happened to me too. I was at a wedding recently, and the girl sitting next to me basically came out and said "hmm, the only thing is your a little on the short side" (and she was like 5'3" - go figure). I didn't fold...I said something snarky like "yeah, well, if you want a chance with me, you'll just have to get over that!" I kissed her later on that night on the dance floor.

Well i just looked at the girl and asked her, "why are you talking to me again?"

The other one blew her chances even though she kept chasing me when my friends werent around. She cracked a joke about me in front of other people- which was a no-no because we werent even friends yet.

The girls i do see that neg me and i know i like them - i just laugh a little. But the neg doesnt work, no one has any strong influence on how i think.

For me don't personally like guys pierced all over the place

But yeah Don't like it when guys go get waxed and go get all these special treatments at the salons doesn't seem too manly

Also guys who want to date you but then go to massage parlors all the time (and those other kinds) or strip clubs when they try to be your boyfriend

It just seems kind of sleeze bally

Also if guys are too touchy feely with everyone else...like you're dating them but they are grabbing onto the servers arms and putting their arms around other girls waists and stuff while leaning in to be like "yeah I'd like my steak cooked medium please with mashed potatoes" all while they are calling her by her name and touching her and you're right there like WTH? That sleeze ball stuff doesn't do it for me.

Archived