Weird things in the opposite sex that turn people OFF

quirky

A GROWN MAN said to me today "Yo girl, fresh kicks!!"

I thought of this thread.

Was it MC Hammer?

Another HUGE turn off for me (and I am hesitant to post it) are women with kids who say in dating sites:

"My Kid is my whole world"

I get they love their kid and very involved; but it comes off as "My kid is always going to be more important than any relationship and I won't really let you into my life; but I could use a meal ticket."

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My generation was the first. I wore my pants low when it was in style in 1995. We lowered them to make it more baggy, then cops started giving out tickets, so we would lift them up when they drove by. They just copied that style, but made the pants tight, which just means they want to show their butt.

Now i wear normal jeans.

Wait, cops were handing out tickets for low-pant-wearing?!

Another HUGE turn off for me (and I am hesitant to post it) are women with kids who say in dating sites:

"My Kid is my whole world"

I get they love their kid and very involved; but it comes off as "My kid is always going to be more important than any relationship and I won't really let you into my life; but I could use a meal ticket."

This annoys me too!! But more because it's just pointless! What parent doesnt feel that way? No need to advertise it! Like guys who think if they have their child's picture on their phone and tell you how much they love them it's going to make you think they're some wonderful person?! Ummm... you're a father! If you didn't love your kid and show off their pics you'd be pretty crap! And I don't see women do it on dating sites, but I see it on Facebook! Declaring that you love your. children or that they are important to you doesn't make you a super parent... it just makes you a parent like every other parent, except more annoying!

OK, here is another one: the soul patch. Over it. Move on. I actually have a whole gamut of hair and grooming, given my prior post about the little mountain.

The pony tail might add to your allure but I would rather your hair be short. Or gone altogether.

No, I do not want to even know about back hair. And chest hair? Grow it or wax it, I don't care. No chest stubble please. (I guess I wouldn't know about this till its too late!)

Facial hair: stubble? OK. I am not a fan of the beard or 'stache. Or chops. Just give me that face.

Clean and lean, men!

This is kind of weird, I guess. But it's more my own weirdness than the opposite sex's weirdness.

I like pink and flowers, and generally am looking at ways to look more feminine. I'd like to explore my womanly side more. But when I hear guys, er, express their appreciation/preference for more feminine women, I get turned off. Can't quite put my finger on why, whether it's the tone they use or implications or whatever. Something about it just makes me put up my fists like a boxer and go, "Get away from me!"

Wow... looking at the list... i would turn so many women off on here if they knew me in person (or MORE off if i already do, lol). Either i got a lot of free passes or not, it never left a dent in my dating-life.

I know what you mean. After reading these posts, I feel like I'm a little too preppy/put together for many of the girls here.

This annoys me too!! But more because it's just pointless! What parent doesnt feel that way? No need to advertise it! Like guys who think if they have their child's picture on their phone and tell you how much they love them it's going to make you think they're some wonderful person?! Ummm... you're a father! If you didn't love your kid and show off their pics you'd be pretty crap! And I don't see women do it on dating sites, but I see it on Facebook! Declaring that you love your. children or that they are important to you doesn't make you a super parent... it just makes you a parent like every other parent, except more annoying!

I believe Chris Rock has a bit about this. "I take care of my kids!" "You're SUPPOSED TOO!"

I can understand why height may be an issue for some women, including myself (but I wish it wasn't!). I'm pushing 5'10", so a guy that's on the taller side (or at least my height) is a must. Who knows, though...maybe one day my thoughts on this will change. Never say never....

I can understand why height may be an issue for some women, including myself (but I wish it wasn't!). I'm pushing 5'10", so a guy that's on the taller side (or at least my height) is a must. Who knows, though...maybe one day my thoughts on this will change. Never say never....

I'm not quite six feet and I've always dated petite women who were much shorter than I am. I don't have a "thing" for that necessarily, but that's just the way it had worked out up 'til now. The most recent woman I dated was much taller, though. When she wore boots or heels she was taller than I am. When she went to kiss me wearing those boots or heels... it was something different. And not an unpleasant sensation!

So I don't know that I have a "thing" for that either, now, but I'm just saying - sometimes change can be good.

Men who wear tightywhities. I'm a boxerbriefs or just boxers kind of gal and I associate the small white guy underwear with boys, not men.

Men who buy and fuss over extremely expensive ties, shoes, cufflinks. My father used to drag me clothes shopping with him and ask me to comment on everything he wore. At 12 I had zero interest or opinion on men's high fashion. He'd always make me feel guilty about "not caring about him" because I lacked an interest. While I appreciate a well dressed man and have always dated pretty stylish guys, I associate taking that vanity that level with absolute narcissism. And, I just dislike everyone in my dad's line of work as they all have very similar mannerisms.

I dislike it when men say they love all kinds of music except for country/rap. This tells me they don't really listen to music as their tastes are vague yet are probably close minded. You can find a band you like from every genre if you actually listen around.

I dislike it when men say they love all kinds of music except for country/rap. This tells me they don't really listen to music as their tastes are vague yet are probably close minded. You can find a band you like from every genre if you actually listen around.

I totally agree. I like guys that have a genuine love of music and like to hear new sounds, rap and (Nashville) country are not my fav genre's, but there are some artists/bands in them that I like because they have a unique sound or are lyrically interesting.

I had a serious problem with this guy I met on Okcupid. He was perfectly nice...I just couldn't get excited about him. He had lived around his city for a few years now while I had recently moved there yet he had zero suggestions for restaurants. And, when I'd suggest something that wasn't a chain restaurant, he was hesitant. He always wanted to play it safe. We would spend hours trying to decide where to eat and it was always boring. I just really don't want to be the couple that goes to applebee's every time we go out and then goes home and watches netflix. That's okay...sometimes. But, that's all we every did. Again, he was a perfectly nice guy but he lacked all passion. Even his house that he had owned for about 3 years looked like he had just moved in. He had no style, no interest in making the space his own. I ended things with him after about 2 months.

My boyfriend and I have yet to go to the same restaurant twice and we go out all the time. He's up for anything I suggest unless he has his heart set on his own suggestion. His apartment is a complete disaster but it's just so him. Car parts and electronics sprawled everywhere. His bedroom had the seat of his car in it for like a month because he was refurbishing it into a computer chair. Posters on every wall. Piles of movies and books not so neatly placed everywhere. He's got projects everywhere and is always putting up shelves, fixing fixtures, or replacing installations.

It's hard to describe. I guess I just dislike boredom. There are too many things to do in this world to ever feel unsatisfied. I don't expect a guy to entertain me as I have a lot of my own hobbies. But I don't want to feel like they are draining all the colour out of my life either.

Man, a few of you would really hate the way I look I guess! I have tats, and I have been known to wear workout clothes when I'm running errands or going to class and am planning to go to the gym afterward . . .

I saw a commercial for teeth whiteners and thought of this thread.

Something odd that turns me completely off - or maybe it's not that odd, I don't know - but if a guy I'm conversating with calls me "Sweetheart" or "Hon" or some variation thereof, it instantly shuts off whatever connection there was, however small. It always feels condescending to me.

I know what you mean. After reading these posts, I feel like I'm a little too preppy/put together for many of the girls here.

Thor and MCJD, your posts cracked me up. Of COURSE a composite of this thread would leave you virtually no options. There is no one man for all of us... its a good thing we shop for more than just the presence or absence of these traits. (Says the gal who is about to embark on her umpteenth first date with a hairless-headed man of unknown LTR potential. Ha!)

Thank you for saying this (and to Coily). This ^^ is precisely why I stay off of Facebook because every other message feed is about someone declaring the love of their children and how their kids are everything and are so blessed to have them and are proud parents blah blah blah. It's like, "OK we GET it!! GOOD GOD" lol. I see it more so with women than men. Men that have their child's foot prints, name or face tattooed on any part of their body is a turn off because I feel like I will be in competition with the child and there won't be room for me, but will call when they need something real quick O_o

Thor and MCJD, your posts cracked me up. Of COURSE a composite of this thread would leave you virtually no options. There is no one man for all of us... its a good thing we shop for more than just the presence or absence of these traits. (Says the gal who is about to embark on her umpteenth first date with a hairless-headed man of unknown LTR potential. Ha!)

I actually think the 2 of you would make a super team. One of you would get the girls who like the preppy look the other would get the ones who like a little toughness (not that Thor can't be preppy and MCJD cant be tough but you get what I'm saying). You could be each other's wing man and have success at any bar in NYC!

Archived