Weird things in the opposite sex that turn people OFF

quirky

Men who have thorny troll feet

Seriously dudes, wash your darn feet. With soap. Scrubbing action also helps. If you have thickened, yellow talons..er, nails growing out of your toes and toe jam, I will likely barf on you.

Clean it up. Don't let foot cheese proliferate.

Guys who shave their arms, legs and chest (unless they are competitive swimmers). No, stop. Keep it fuzzy.

Bwahahaha! I totally agree. I know when you're. Taller your feet seem so far away but seriously guys keep them clean. Please!

I love that the most common thread amongst the replies from women are "I hate men who have little body hair because its not masculine".

So despite being 175 pounds 5'9" and muscular I lose just because I don't have a coat of manly fur on top of my chiseled pecs and biceps.

does rogaine work on the chest??????

Eh I could go either way with the body hair thing. As long as you've got hair on your head I'm not worried about your chest and arms.

Weird things that are turn offs...nice cars. Really nice ones.

Guys think women love it I think it just has D-bag written all over it.

Oh and another more mainstream one....red heads I am just not into guys with red hair...I'm just not.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McDreamy...I freaking love it. Funny, I'm trying to grow my hair out now and do the McDreamy hairstyle. I hope that kind of hair isn't a turn off for the women of NYC. Actually, wait, no, I have no more sh#%ts to give I will rock it!

I feel like only you, LSD and SB get me (at least, as far as this particular thread is concerned). And I will just call you "Just Adorable" (JA) lol

No when I say long hair I mean the guy borrows my hair ties more than my sister...long.

I think a little shaggy McDreamy style is hot as long as its not greasy or crispy. 8)

Weird things I find a turn off are women who;

-say "you don't understand me" then sulk and avoid talking to you.

-don't like beards. Almost all 21st century politicians don't have beards. That means people without beards can't be trusted. My beard is better than you.

-say "guesstimate". It is a tacky and witless portmanteau. A "guesstimate" is still a guess. You probably also say "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less" then say "I could care less" again when someone calls you out on your terrible grammar.

-say they like any music as long as it is "good". I only like the bad music myself, I think you might like the bad music too if you only give it a chance.

Ha! Jessica Chastain is a good friend ... I WAS going to put in a good word for you ...

Lol nooooo!!! Dang it. Ok, I will tell Sir F-bombs it's a no-go. I will try to find someone without man boobs and who isn't passive aggressive. And you can pass along my number to Ms. Chastain

I also can't stand passive aggressive women. If you have something to say, just say it. No mind games!

Anything that sounds slightly passive aggressive, guilt tripping, or emotionally manipulative, then I am gone. I can tolerate tons of things, but not that. Which is unfortunate because I know very very few people who know how to express how they feel about something without all the pathetic passive aggressiveness.

-say "guesstimate". It is a tacky and witless portmanteau. A "guesstimate" is still a guess. You probably also say "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less" then say "I could care less" again when someone calls you out on your terrible grammar.

Bad grammar is an instant deal breaker for me.

(click on the picture to view full size)

This is the kind of thing my boyfriend would think but never tell me. ](*,)

I don't even know why we're together.

I'm not going to touch that. I'll only say that some of these girls were ones I went on a date with, some were girls I was interested in, and in the case of the gym clothes is just something I see from time to time out here.

As I think about it maybe I can narrow it down to what it is and not give specifics. As maybe that could touch people the wrong way.

1) Seeing someone not controlling her spending is a turn off as I don't know if they have debt or what.

2) Okay, this is on me. But taking a girl out to a great restaurant and she just gets soup or salad. I think what gets me most of about this is I see it as not being interested in the menu or the place once we get there. It feels like I made a "wrong choice" in eateries even though she wanted to come.

3) Maybe as I guy I should want to see women in tight clothing, but I prefer outfits that look good wherever you go. I just dislike the workout outfit. Let her wear a cute dress or pants/shorts with a nice top. But I just don't like the workout look.

4) Just seems lazy throwing trash on the ground. This is what made me not date a girl.

Are these things weird, I guess. I had to really think about what it was that turned me off.

If I had any issues with my gf...nah, nope. Not going to go there. Darcy, communication is important to a relationship, so if you feel your boyfriend is holding stuff back. Then it's up to you to do something or not.

No when I say long hair I mean the guy borrows my hair ties more than my sister...long.

I think a little shaggy McDreamy style is hot as long as its not greasy or crispy. 8)

Haha good! Yeah no, I will NEVER have hair like Fabio. That is NOT a good look. I'm going for something like Patrick Dempsey would do. I hate using product in my hair (I'm not one of those Italians who uses tons of hairgel), but I will have to use a little to achieve that look once it is long enough in a few weeks. But yeah, I prefer a matte finish to my hair.

Another turn off - (and I don't know why I didnt think of this one earlier) - women who wear tons of makeup. Like Christina Aguilera. Ladies...you don't need all that war paint!!! That is gross!! I want to see YOU!

If you are one of those women who look significantly different without makeup...then Sayonara!

...and Walking Dead, Homeland, and True Blood!

But yeah, if she's the kind of tv buff that only watches the Real Housewives and Fashion Police...yeah, um, NO.

Love Homeland!! Used to like True Blood but it got a little too 'out there' with the fairies lol....

Haha good! Yeah no, I will NEVER have hair like Fabio. That is NOT a good look. I'm going for something like Patrick Dempsey would do. I hate using product in my hair (I'm not one of those Italians who uses tons of hairgel), but I will have to use a little to achieve that look once it is long enough in a few weeks. But yeah, I prefer a matte finish to my hair.

Another turn off - (and I don't know why I didnt think of this one earlier) - women who wear tons of makeup. Like Christina Aguilera. Ladies...you don't need all that war paint!!! That is gross!! I want to see YOU!

If you are one of those women who look significantly different without makeup...then Sayonara!

Most female celebs look different without any makeup. They have pro stylists always doing their hair and makeup. You could probably run into half of them on the streets without makeup and not even know who they are lol.

Most female celebs look different without any makeup. They have pro stylists always doing their hair and makeup. You could probably run into half of them on the streets without makeup and not even know who they are lol.

It's true. I once shared a cigarette with Julia Styles when I was at a bar in college. Didn't even recognize her until I got close enough to light her cigarette for her lol (I only occasionally smoke when I drink, very rare now). The only other female celeb I actually met in person was Belinda Carlisle (who was famous in the 80's/early 90's - "Heaven is Place on Earth" "Mad About You"). Very attractive, but looks quite different in person (also because she's aged obviously).

I get told on occasion that I resemble Belinda Carlisle...and Miranda Lambert. I don't see it at all, but at least its not Roseanne Barr..lol

I can see resemblances of both, actually. I think, in her prime (not when she was fat and with the Go-Go's), Belinda Carlisle may have been the most beatiful woman of all time My pre-k teacher (Miss Humberger, aptly named) looked like Roseanne

Another turn off. I think someone said this earlier, but women who drink a lot and are sloppy drunks. Major turn off (unless I'm trying to work my MCJD magic - then it's ok. Giggity!).

I can see resemblances of both, actually. I think, in her prime (not when she was fat and with the Go-Go's), Belinda Carlisle may have been the most beatiful woman of all time My pre-k teacher (Miss Humberger, aptly named) looked like Roseanne

Another turn off. I think someone said this earlier, but women who drink a lot and are sloppy drunks. Major turn off (unless I'm trying to work my MCJD magic - then it's ok. Giggity!).

Lmao!!!

Youre real charmer!

Oh the "Could/Couldn't" care less problem! I HATE hearing "I could care less..." IT MEANS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU WANT!!! Arrrrrgh!

And "I haven't/ain' got NO ***" If you don't have none, you have SOME. Grrr.

That, and verbally text-speaking. If I want lol, brb - I'd be texting. No need to abbreviate when speaking.

Archived