Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

redrose85

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little smudge is so cute already Definitely just one in there. Phew! I saw him/her moving around a lot and the little flicker of heartbeat pumping away. I bought the photos for $15 lol. I figure, this is a once in a lifetime experience, seeing our first child as just a teeny bean. Due date is Nov 1st, so I was only one day off my estimate! It's so real now. I just want to go home and gaze at the photos.

Oh really? That's pretty neat!

Moe is pretty much my shadow. He's so sweet and quiet now... I guess his mats were really bothering him, poor boy. I won't leave it so long next time.

See the parts that are bright white? Bone forming. This what the tech told me in my last scan with Liam.

Oh... I just know one of the white spots is the heart. Or maybe it doesn't show in the picture. The stages of development absolutely fascinates me.

I called my sister who was more excited than I thought she'd be... my bad. I also called my Grandma, who's been feeling lonesome and was so excited and happy for us. She was saying to her friends that she's got 15 grandkids and only one great grandchild lol. Then I called my good friend who has been with me through thick and thin, and we talked for a good hour and a half just catching up. Was so nice to chat with her like old times.

We got our new table set delivered today. I was stressing a little because I asked them to leave it in the carport under the deck because it was beautiful and sunny all day. When it came time for them to deliver it, it was pouring rain. I wasn't sure what to expect when I got home, but it was all nice and dry. I hauled it all into the garage and we just have to assemble the table on Friday for Easter dinner. I love it. I brought the bench upstairs and am just admiring how pretty the wood is, because I'm lame like that haha

Wish Alex would be the same way. He insinuated that I'm a slob, getting crumbs into my pajamas and bringing them into bed. I was so mad. Ugh. Just hug me and cuddle me and be supportive, don't nitpick at me. I don't feel well and I don't want to hear it. This rant brought to you by hormones.

I'm so glad it's my Friday. I'm just very tired. Smudge has really been taking it out of me the last few days.

hahahaha

The missing coffee thing is sinking in. Oh and booze, after today. It was such a crazy hectic day, but perfect way to end the week.

There is this amateur photographer on facebook and I constantly see posts from her complaining about people being too cheap to appreciate real photographers, etc... it's just so negative. I finally had enough and chimed in among her sympathetic friends with a dose of reality (ie. your complaints are all over the internet.) She responded snarkily with, well, it's my personal page and I can vent to friends and family if I want to.

SURE! But maybe if your company name wasn't YOUR NAME (photography) it would be less intertwined with your complaining... Oh my gosh, I just can't even... why do you think this is okay? LOL. PRO.

It is a great blog - I'm sure you follow a number of them but it's worth checking out IMO. I'm a coffee drinker who developed an aversion to coffee during pregnancy -I think in the last trimester the interest in coffee came back and I had decaf a few times. Right after my first post-birth doc appointment I went to Starbucks and I think I blurted out to someone that it was my first Starbucks since I had the baby.

What did your doctor say about coffee/caffeine? I ask because a close relative is pregnant (she is a little younger than you) and had 3 mocha frappucinos this past week -with caffeine -she wrote to me "it's only 80 mg of caffeine each". She's about 5 months pregnant. Doesn't sound like a great idea but maybe I was too strict with the caffeine (I did eat chocolate though).

My doctor told me I could have one caffeine drink a day. ( that was in 2007)

I was pregnant in 2008 and I am really not sure I asked because I didn't plan on having any (and had that aversion anyway). I had no soda, diet or otherwise, either.

I like that blog you suggested. The writing is really well done. Looking forward to reading more

Coffee is probably fine, but I'm not taking any chances. I figure, if there's any kind of risk, why bother. When I am further along, I'll probably have the occasional cup.

Did you ladies have the downs' syndrome and other genetic testing done? Alex thinks we should, but I'm on the fence. It has to be done by 11 weeks, so I only have about another week to decide.

I like that blog you suggested. The writing is really well done. Looking forward to reading more

Coffee is probably fine, but I'm not taking any chances. I figure, if there's any kind of risk, why bother. When I am further along, I'll probably have the occasional cup.

Did you ladies have the downs' syndrome and other genetic testing done? Alex thinks we should, but I'm on the fence. It has to be done by 11 weeks, so I only have about another week to decide.

I had no invasive testing done but had every blood test available done on me (there are more available now than when I was pregnant in 2008). I did not want to risk miscarriage through the CVS or amnio and my doctor was very supportive of that despite my high risk age. If my blood test results had not come out good I might have reconsidered the amnio but they were excellent. It still was nerve wracking till I gave birth but that was because of the increased risk of defects based on my age -you're a young'un, nothing to worry about!

I guess what bugs me about it is the possibility of a false positive screening, having to go through more testing and worry, and when it's for nothing. That and whatever child we get, I will love and cherish and would never ever abort.

Alex has been reading a lot of stuff online, and is getting pretty protective lol. My SIL was lamenting that her husband is pretty clueless about it all, so I felt kind of special and was glad that he's educating himself in his own way. We're just so aware of Smudge all the time. It's really neat how it's adding this whole other dimension to our lives already. Today we were moving our new dining set up the stairs and we hit an awkward spot when the box was about to push into my gut and we both just stopped and went "woah, careful of Smudge!" Even though we both know everything is totally padded lol. He also now calls the spare room the baby room. I can't wait to have this new person in our lives

Archived