Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

redrose85

Thanks ladies I guess more accurately, we're having a poppyseed... but that'll change quickly.

It's less surreal this morning. Woke up at 4 am feeling queasy and a few soda crackers helped... but I'm queasy again now even after having some eggs. Alex made me some green juice but that is definitely not happening this morning. I'll save it to have with my dinner. Just the colour of it. Ugh. I'll stick to my vitamins.

Gearing up for what will hopefully be a week of closing some deals. My bosses get back from vacation on the 7th and I want to have some success stories for them. I think I'm probably going to tell them about the pregnancy early. They'd figure it out pretty quickly anyways, and it's a very family-oriented workplace.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told a good friend last night and later on she was talking about a work trip in November. We both stopped and mentally calculated LOL. She's like "you just went through the mental calendar too, didn't you? That's going to happen a lot!" November is my favourite month ever now I asked Alex how he's feeling and he said he's so excited, but for now, he is putting all his energy into the new job (he's on call this week very early on and freaked about it) and once that settles down, he'll be able to focus on the baby and on getting ready. I wish I could compartmentalize like that! I keep jumping between thoughts like a flea on a dog. Doesn't help that I'm the one feeling sick and gross though lol. That tends to be distracting...

We went out and looked at a used dining table last night. It was listed for $800 and it's a custom made pine table, 2 inches thick, 6 chairs, just huge. We get there and see that the top is full of marks and needs to be refinished, and the paint is peeling off the chairs. We struggled to keep our opinions to ourselves. Maybe if I had more time and energy, but I can't see spending that much on a set that I have to do work on. We'll find something...eventually. We're having a family dinner for Easter so I really want to find something so that we're not scattered at the island and the dinette.

Each day it sinks in more and more. Today I felt pretty good! I couldn't completely enjoy it though, wondering if everything is okay. I keep reading that week 6 is when morning sickness really revs up, so I'm kind of mentally preparing myself for that On Sunday I was wishing for mac and cheese. Today I still craved it, so I went out and got myself some Stouffer's frozen mac and cheese since I had an appetite. I had a green juice with it, so it all balances out lol. One thing I've realized is that I've been craving dairy. Last week I was loading up my coffees and teas with creamer and I usually drink 'em black. Lactose sensitivity doesn't seem to be a thing right now. Bonus!

I don't come on ENA for a few days and you find out your having a baby!!

I'm SO happy for you Sherry! I know how you long you've wanted this. Seriously, over the last few weeks when you kept mentioning you weren't feeling well and it wasn't getting better I thought 'she's pregnant. I feel it in my bones' but I didn't want to say anything because I know what that false hope is like.

So excited!!

Thanks OG I still don't know what was causing all that trouble but I definitely feel pregnant now and I’ve got the two lines to prove it Let's just say the lists of what to expect is not entirely accurate LOL. April 21 is the date our little poppyseed officially becomes a fetus, so I’m counting down the days until we can tell the whole world.

I just have to share this because it is such a load of CRAP link removed

Pancakes, bagels, casseroles? Pffft. My typical day right now:

Breakfast- few bites of rice, or on a good day, pb & j on toast

Snack- 2 soda crackers or gingersnaps

Snack- a few bites of fruit

Lunch- some kind of soup

Snack- banana

Snack- soda crackers or gingersnaps

Dinner- small portion of whatever I want and a green juice

REPEAT. No feta, no lamb chops. Ugh. Everything sounds gross lol

I just have to share this because it is such a load of CRAP link removed

Pancakes, bagels, casseroles? Pffft. My typical day right now:

Breakfast- few bites of rice, or on a good day, pb & j on toast

Snack- 2 soda crackers or gingersnaps

Snack- a few bites of fruit

Lunch- some kind of soup

Snack- banana

Snack- soda crackers or gingersnaps

Dinner- small portion of whatever I want and a green juice

REPEAT. No feta, no lamb chops. Ugh. Everything sounds gross lol

Wow... I've already hit my first instance of parental fear. I shopped at a grocery store that I NEVER go to last Friday because I was on my way home from out of town and it was easy. Today my co-worker tells me that anyone who bought unwrapped produce from there within a certain range of days (yup, when I was there) during the evening needs to get a Hep A vaccination as one of the employees has been diagnosed with Hep A. I'm really nervous about getting vaccinated I'm worried it could be harmful.

Wow... I've already hit my first instance of parental fear. I shopped at a grocery store that I NEVER go to last Friday because I was on my way home from out of town and it was easy. Today my co-worker tells me that anyone who bought unwrapped produce from there within a certain range of days (yup, when I was there) during the evening needs to get a Hep A vaccination as one of the employees has been diagnosed with Hep A. I'm really nervous about getting vaccinated I'm worried it could be harmful.

I'm sure your doctor will tell you whether you need a vaccination - it will work out and I'm sure your risk is low. Especially if you washed the produce first.

I had strange aversions during my first trimester -to coffee and to cereal with milk. I did want baked potatoes and all kinds of cheese -I would eat two kinds of cheese at once like cream cheese and regular cheese.

Haven't been yet. Appointment is on the 26th.

I called the health authority and a very nice lady reassured me that the bananas I bought would be safe, and to just chuck the mango I had bought. So relieved!! Truth time- we rarely wash our produce... time to start.

I thought I'd miss coffee so much, but I don't even care. I'm glad I tapered down while we were trying...down to a cup a day or every other day. I'm pretty averse to sweets-- cookies, cupcakes, etc... they just don't appeal. Alex ate all the cookies and I didn't care. My Mom made cupcakes and I just don't want them. Worse things to be averse to, I think I had a veggie sandwich for lunch and it was just the best thing ever LOL.

Queasiness has chilled out for now. Maybe I'm lucky and it won't get bad. (fingers crossed)

Got a little overzealous yesterday and had Chinese food. Guts so unhappy. Now we know. I'm still at home in my pajamas and I figure I'll just go to work at noon and work till 7 to make up for it. I think having no real energy is the thing I dislike most though. I can take the queasiness, but not having the energy to do anything more than a few things around the house all weekend is getting old pretty quickly.

I planted a bunch of strawberries yesterday and there are still a dozen plants that I just kind of left out in the yard because I was so sick of them. Going to see if anyone wants some plants. I've got some cilantro and basil planted in pots at the window beside the kitchen table and the planter of tulips that my Mom made for me as a housewarming gift is just about ready to bloom. We've got lumber in the backyard that we can use to build raised beds and I'm so antsy to get it going. Just need to get the trees chopped down first, then we can move on to that. Bring on spring

Week 7 is when I hit full on puke.

Take heart though the tired yucky feeling usually goes away by the 13th or 14th week. Once the placenta is up and running it does the work that your body was doing and you feel better.

Wow, I didn't know that. Makes sense! Feeling good today. Slept like a rock even though it was only 5 or 6 hours.

Thanks BigK!

It finally sunk in yesterday. My boss (who had been gone for 4 weeks) took one look at me and knew. I saw her do this double take when she was introducing me to a new tech and after work she asked me. Well, at least I don't have to tell my other boss in our meeting today! I also went and saw my Mom and told her. I think it's just sinking in for her too, but she is excited. I found out that she was never really sick either, just a bit queasy and very tired, and she's never had a miscarriage, so that's reassuring. I think for her, once I'm at 3 months she will start to go into grandma mode. 6 weeks was maybe a bit early to tell her, but I didn't want all these other people to know and not my own mom.

I've got a quarterly sales meeting with my main boss today. Nervous/excited because I feel I did very well while he was gone, but my numbers weren't good in Feb because nothing really came through in time and some things haven't been invoiced. That's a tough part, for sure... you can make all the sales in the world, but if it's a long close, your numbers don't look good and it's all estimates and a sale can fall through at any time. Anyways, things are good!

I never ask a woman if she is pregnant. She might not be or she might be but might not be doing well and want to keep that private. I can't relate to people who ask that question but then again I experienced more intrusive questions when I was pregnant although I don't think any strangers tried to touch my belly.

Archived