Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

redrose85

I never ask a woman if she is pregnant. She might not be or she might be but might not be doing well and want to keep that private. I can't relate to people who ask that question but then again I experienced more intrusive questions when I was pregnant although I don't think any strangers tried to touch my belly.

We're all pretty close here, so it's nothing out of the ordinary, no worries.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're all pretty close here, so it's nothing out of the ordinary, no worries.

Same in my office and still I would never ask -i remember knowing about my co-worker because I sensed she was trying from what she mentioned and one day she was wearing a Crayola design watch - I knew that was the reason -she told us the next day or so that she was. I'm glad you're comfortable with it -that is all that matters!

Thanks WithLove!

Man boss knew too. I had my quarterly meeting with him and it went decently. My sales were not where they needed to be for Jan and Feb, just long cycles and we all completely tanked in Feb actually (doesn't make it any better) One of the salespeople is being let go Friday because he just stopped trying for the most part. My sales funnel for the next 6 months is huge, so that is a really good thing. I just need to get some of these laggy sales to close!

At the end of the meeting, my boss asked if I had anything personal to discuss, so I told him I'm expecting and he wasn't surprised in the least, said he had a feeling when I took a half day on Monday, and he also knew we were trying. I said not a word to anyone in the office about that (ew) but oh well LOL. I'm not bothered by it. They're very excited for us. Friday marks 9 years for us and we've been dreaming of having a family from the get-go. My boss started talking how whatever I want to do is okay with them, if I decide to take the full year, or if I decide to stay home. I'm leaning towards staying home, simply because it kind of calls to me, and because childcare is half of my salary anyways. I don't know. It's something we need to figure out as time ticks on. It's still early and I'm not going to stress about it, I'm just going to go with what feels natural.

You're so lucky to have the option of a year! It is too early to think about it especially if it increases your stress. My personal experience was that "stay at home" is a misnomer -you rarely "stay" in one place and after the newborn stage you're not at home that often - you're out and about with the baby and on the move even if the baby is sleeping! It's all good.

Oh don't I know it. You can do just mat leave or mat and parental leave.

Awhile back I found this truly excellent gardening book and I was looking at it this morning and getting ideas for the different areas in the yard. Right now it's just a totally blank slate, but eventually I'd like it to be teeming with life-- flowers AND veggies. I'm going to start small, just working on a couple of different areas. We have a little grove where we're getting some trees taken out of, and I think it'd be the perfect spot for wildflowers and some of the native species that grow around here. Plop in a bench and make it a reading nook for hot summer days. There was even a section on what to grow in boggy areas that gave me some ideas about what we can do with the boggy spot.

Moe is off his rocker. He just won't stop whining. I fed him, he's got water, he's been outside... Alex let him in at 6 and we laid in bed awhile long and he stood outside our door and cried. When we open the door to let him in, he runs to his (full) food dish. And I gave him soft food so I have no idea what his deal is! I feel like I'm going to lose it because it's day and night now. He just whines and whines and whines. Right now, he's sitting outside whining. I just let him out 10 minutes ago. Ugh. Driving me batty.

TGIF!!

I got to sleep in today. It was AMAZING. Well, Moe did get me up at 5:30, but I didn't stay up... I just munched on a cracker and drifted back to sleep. I've missed kickboxing, but I don't care. I needed this

We're going to a wedding today. I know Alex isn't so into it, but I really wanted to go, so he's just going to have to put on his pants and go. No sense going solo when you've got a husband lol

We finally went and chose a dining room set today. We got a beautiful solid wood set-- 4 chairs and a bench, and no leaf-- since Alex just wouldn't let that go lol. It's almost impossible to find a solid slab table. The goal is to have it delivered in time for easter weekend.

We spent the whole day together and I think he got a good taste of what my days are like right now, and he's got a lot more empathy and understanding. I spent a lot of the day feeling sick, so we went to the wedding ceremony and then wandered around before I said, let's just skip the reception, we don't know anybody there and neither of us are in the mood to socialize. That made him very happy, so we got some greek/Lebanese takeout for dinner and watched a movie. Much better way to spend Saturday night, imo.

Now he's gone until Friday and I am sad. I'm just sitting on the couch being kind of mopey and just thinking about maaaaaybe making the house less of a mess.

Oh yeah, mahogany is fancy-pants! This set is acacia. I love teak... but not the price, and this looks similar. Now that I think about it, I should have held on to a lot of things over the years. I gave a lot away and sold some of it because we just didn't have the space. In hindsight, would have been smarter to get a storage space. Ah well, it's nice to have new things too.

7 weeks today, "baby" C is the size of a bean. Being kind of a mean bean today... I'm feeling really, really gross. I said to myself this morning, I just have to get through this Monday, that's my goal. Not a very lofty goal, but it'll have to suffice.

Co-worker is trying to sell her house. There was an accepted offer, but they backed out on Sunday because they think it needs too much work (it's all cosmetic and price reflects that) I told her that in her area, it's going to sell no problem and they'll be in their new house very soon. Fingers crossed for them. They need a bigger place for their 4 kids.

I'm so ticked with work right now. We have a sales guy who came back after he left here a year or so ago. He's replaced a guy who just wasn't cutting it, and ALL those accounts in progress have been passed to the "new" guy, even an account that I had been given permission by my boss to go after, has been passed to him. There are no rules, apparently. It's just dog eat dog. I don't like the way this is going.

The last few weeks have got me pretty certain I won't be coming back.

Thanks Vic, definitely frustrating because when I do speak up, somehow it's my fault. Well, this guy was a huge backstabber after he left our company the first time, so personally I don't think he should have been rehired. Anyways, all I can do is prospect for brand new stuff and put them down as my prospect. Going through existing accounts is supposed to be a good way to do it, but it brings more trouble than it's worth.

On the upside, my three co-workers did an absolutely fabulous job of getting my next install booked asap. I am so grateful to them!

Alex's work is going better now. He's away all week for training and he had a meeting this morning with big boss man. They want him to oversee a CNG teardown project and also start working with them on transitioning the company to CNG (compressed natural gas) so he's really happy about that. It's so nice to hear him passionate about work again. Next month he will be back on the mainland and then in a couple of months, he'll be in Ontario for more training.

I'm not sure. Probably Mississauga since that's where a branch is.

So I've been part of this weddingbee forum since even before getting engaged, and now the babies are coming. But these women are nuts! I go on the forum and just shake my head... They have the slightest cramp and off they go to the dr for an ultrasound at like 5-6 weeks. Then they sit around and analyze the blob, wondering if it's twins, if something's wrong, if this, if that. Some of them are even making up symptoms because they just want to see a heartbeat so badly. I truly do not get it. While yes, there is a tiny corner of me that worries that something could go wrong, what good is stressing over it for 12 solid weeks? That can't be good for mom or bean.

I'm so ticked with work right now. We have a sales guy who came back after he left here a year or so ago. He's replaced a guy who just wasn't cutting it, and ALL those accounts in progress have been passed to the "new" guy, even an account that I had been given permission by my boss to go after, has been passed to him. There are no rules, apparently. It's just dog eat dog. I don't like the way this is going.

The last few weeks have got me pretty certain I won't be coming back.

It's the nature of sales, although depending on the relationship you have with your manager you CAN voice your opinion.

Often times there is some sort of hierarchy, but perhaps the old sales guy was good, and hence they wanted to feed him as a way to sweet the deal for his return?

I'm not sure. Probably Mississauga since that's where a branch is.

So I've been part of this weddingbee forum since even before getting engaged, and now the babies are coming. But these women are nuts! I go on the forum and just shake my head... They have the slightest cramp and off they go to the dr for an ultrasound at like 5-6 weeks. Then they sit around and analyze the blob, wondering if it's twins, if something's wrong, if this, if that. Some of them are even making up symptoms because they just want to see a heartbeat so badly. I truly do not get it. While yes, there is a tiny corner of me that worries that something could go wrong, what good is stressing over it for 12 solid weeks? That can't be good for mom or bean.

Probably all the worrying is launching way too much cortisol into that little bean! Gotta try to stay level headed. I sometimes think of how pregnant women were "back in the day" without all the tech. I wonder if they worried less. Or perhaps with the influx or hormones some women can't help themselves. I've seen a few close friends go through pregnancy fairly level headed, and others would worry about every minute detail in life. I mean...even how the weather can be affecting the little bean that day.

I would stay away from those forums -I did and I'm glad - I had spotting in weeks 5-6 and I'm glad I didn't try to "diagnose" on those forums No ultrasound until my 9th week. I did not stop worrying after 12 weeks (in part because my pregnancy was high risk because of my age) - I tried to stay calm for the pregnancy and I felt less worries after 12 weeks of course but these days we almost have TMI from the doctors!

I feel pretty level-headed, which is surprising lol. I thought I'd be a nervous wreck, but I started feeling zen about it all when I knew I was pg but hadn't tested yet. Just...calm. Maybe it's because I am having plenty of symptoms and if I were symptomless I'd be more freaked out, but I'm just getting through the bad days and getting the most I can out of the good days. I had a pitbull puppy jump up on me (lightly) last night when I went for a walk and instead of trying to make friends with the dog and getting cute with it, I was in tummy protection mode. Same with when someone passed me on the right and nearly clipped me. My thought wasn't, hey, you could have hurt me! It was hey, you could have hurt bean! So it begins

I feel pretty level-headed, which is surprising lol. I thought I'd be a nervous wreck, but I started feeling zen about it all when I knew I was pg but hadn't tested yet. Just...calm. Maybe it's because I am having plenty of symptoms and if I were symptomless I'd be more freaked out, but I'm just getting through the bad days and getting the most I can out of the good days. I had a pitbull puppy jump up on me (lightly) last night when I went for a walk and instead of trying to make friends with the dog and getting cute with it, I was in tummy protection mode. Same with when someone passed me on the right and nearly clipped me. My thought wasn't, hey, you could have hurt me! It was hey, you could have hurt bean! So it begins

That's great! Part of my increased stress was because I knew it was probably my only chance at having a child given my age. Since I had never been pregnant before I have nothing to compare it too -whether I would have felt as stressed if I was your age for example. I'm glad you're in tummy protection mode even though of course it's fine - there are lots of protective layers in there for adorable bean!

Archived