Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

redrose85

I know hahaha, but it's instinct I guess! I feel like, we're only going to do this twice, so I'm not going to fret my way through it, I'm just going to try to enjoy every little bit.

We're planning a beach trip for the second week of April. There's a tea festival and Alex wants to go surfing again really badly, so we're thinking of getting a cabin with two friends and enjoying a weekend in the pool, playing board games, and of course, learning about/trying teas and chocolates.

He is back for the weekend and then gone again Monday and Tuesday. He's got a nice hotel too, so I asked if I could come and stay for a night, but he said not allowed. No fun!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night Alex got home late and brought our friend K home with him, and since they missed their boat (5 cars ahead and they had to wait another 2 hours) they asked our friend J to come over and hang out with me. I guess I sounded glum LOL. Everyone brought candy too (been loving candy lately, the more sour the better-- which is the total opposite of my tastes) so that was awesome. It was so nice to be surrounded by my husband and girlfriends. Today the three of us (J was at work) went to a nearby little town with all of these funky shops. I found a birthday gift for Lexxie and a bunch of books for me to read-- if I'm going to live on the couch when I'm not at work, I may as well use my brain a little! All in all, a good day. Mom's coming by tomorrow with our quilt-- a very very belated wedding gift that my grandma started and she is just finishing tonight-- it's gorgeous and in all my favourite colours I guess she's been worried about me all week, I feel so bad because I had no idea! Our answering machine doesn't have a message from her on it except for one on Weds. I told her that she can text me anytime because I always have my cell with me and I really don't rely on the home phone.

Had a long talk with my sister today and then my Mom came over for a visit. My sister has decided to sell her condo and move back here, and have a baby on her own. So, I just didn't think it was the right timing to tell her about our almost-fetus. I felt it best not to rain on her parade because she sounded so happy and excited for the first time in a long time. She's amazing with kids and she's been worried about being able to meet someone and have a family, so I do admire her for taking the bull by the horns. So, I was helping her look at houses online and she'll come over next weekend and look. I think I'll have to tell her about bean then... I can't lie to people's faces and poor Mom is trying so hard not to tell anyone.

Mom and I had a great visit. I finally got her to talk about her marriage woes, and even though Alex came upstairs at the exact wrong time and she changed the subject, I think it helped her just to talk. Really, I think she's afraid of losing him (he's a good 15 years older and his health isn't awesome) and she's on the defensive. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but at least he used to make her happy. I just want to see that again.

I'm in such a rut at work. I feel like I've been discounted and it makes me just want to phone it in. I'm not going to, because that's not my style, but it's definitely demotivating. Accounts that I'm interested in going after, he's discussed with others and decided they're too big for me. He is handing everything worth anything to the rep who already had a million accounts and makes a killing. Yet, he wants me to make bigger sales. I'm stuck in the 4-5K per sale rut and it is SO annoying. So I scope out bigger opps and I don't even get the option to go for them. I'm just hoping and praying that these other two smaller accounts will go through and then I'll have 5 sales in the last month- though not all closing at the same time. Here I am fretting about work on Sunday night. That's not good. I don't make enough $ to fret on the weekends!

Ate all.day.long. Someone is growing!

Such a bad morning at work, but I took myself for a walk at lunchtime (or third mini-meal time) and gave myself a bit of a pep talk. I don't know if I am just bad at life sometimes or too hard on myself. At any rate, it's smoothed out and the afternoon went better. Once I calmed my hormones down, I realized that my boss is right. I can't go after accounts with systems that I have no idea about, and if I want to go after those types of accounts, I have to buckle down and train harder. That's my goal for this week, to do a bit of training every day.

Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm always late to the party because I don't come on here often. When are you due? Sorry if you already wrote when and I missed it. I'm pregnant with #2. It's hard not to worry but just remember that nature (or if you're the religious type: God) made your body to produce life so everything will go as it should. Be kind to yourself and try to enjoy (I hate being pregnant lol).

Worried tonight. Had some bleeding and spent 2.5 hours at walk-in after work. Have to get my levels checked tomorrow morning, and the doctor is booking an ultrasound for hopefully this week, my regular appointment on Thursday, and levels checked again on Saturday. I wasn't too worried until he started arranging this battery of tests Glad they're so thorough, but it made it scary.

I've noticed that doctors in general (at least at my hospital) tend to order a battery of tests for pretty much all pregnant women, regardless of what's going on, whether it's a little bleeding, or abdominal pain, etc. Boom, tons of tests. I think it's because of liability reasons, they don't want to be the ones to NOT run a certain test and miss something, and then if the baby is lost, the mother/family can sue or blame the doctor and that's a bad thing all around for everyone. So I wouldn't worry too much just because they order a lot of tests. Seems to be the standard here, at least.

I had spotting in week 5 and 6 and literally did nothing about it other than call my dr. -I had my HCG levels checked at week 5 when I had my blood pregnancy test and they were fine. It subsided on its own. I know others who had that experience. I am sending good thoughts and hope everything turns out ok as it has many times I've heard of this happening.

All the tests are just to make sure they cover everything. I know it's scary. I am hypothyroid while pregnant and I cried when I first found out with my first. I also had to be strapped to a heart monitor because they were worried about his heart but he's fine. Stress will make everything worse.

I'm due Sept 13th and my first will be 2 in July.

Didn't find anything out today, but I only had that one bit of blood so I feel okay, just anxious waiting for results now, hoping that levels are normal and ultrasound shows a healthy little person.

It was just a really long day...lol. I'm marathoning Parks & Rec

Oh my gosh, I am just so stressed at work. Nothing is going my way and this upcoming install is still a nightmare. I just don't understand the technical side of cabling. I figure On the plus side, I get an ultrasound Monday afternoon and I'll see my family doctor this afternoon. I kind of forgot that I'd have to have all of these appointments and it takes from work time, but this is way more important.

Thanks Yes, very happy and relieved!! I bought a little blanket and some teeny socks yesterday, just because I can.

And it's Friday. TGIF!!!

We've planned a weekend trip for second week in April and the one friend is hemming and hawing about it so much, you'd think we were going to France or something. She always does this. Just let us know yes or no, don't ignore it until it goes away. It's so frustrating dealing with that. Oh well, I booked for 3 people adn if she makes up her mind, I'm sure we can squeeze her in.

Swim, go for beach walks, play board games, beachcomb, etc... it's a neat little village too, so lots of kitschy boutiques to explore. Alex is going to be surfing and us girls are going to go to some tea festival events. I'm not going to surf this time. I'm too inexperienced and I have trouble catching my breath just lightly jogging right now anyways. I think I'd just wind up hurt and exhausted. But, I am really looking forward to being back up island. It's so beautiful.

It's odd having a limit to what I can do. I'm finding that after doing dishes and laundry and a little bit of exercise (like, stretching and light weights) I'm good to lay on the couch for a while. I'm also finding that I must start making my food before I get hungry or I wind up feeling ill. It's like a ticking clock. I made a big vat of chicken rice soup and a batch of carrot and turnip mash that I can turn to in a pinch. I had rice and carrot turnip mash for breakfast and do you know, I feel better already. I guess all the bread I've been eating (because it's quick and easy) isn't the best idea.

Anyways, we have a fetus today and I'll get to see bean this afternoon. Hopefully all looks fantastic

Also really glad it's a short week. Friday off!

Archived