lostnscared

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were like Batya and EM... We bought basically nothing. We had some newborn diapers and a couple pairs of hand-me-down clothes. She slept with us and we held her all day, what more does a kid need? We never even ended up buying a stroller because I always enjoyed carrying her in the front/back pack.

Some people enjoy decking out the nursery and having all the neat little contraptions, like wipe warmers (what???) and special bath buckets with rubber ledges to fit against the kid`s hairline (what ever happened to using an ice cream bucket?). That`s all fun if you want to do it and you can afford it. But the kid`s indifferent.

We were like Batya and EM... We bought basically nothing. We had some newborn diapers and a couple pairs of hand-me-down clothes. She slept with us and we held her all day, what more does a kid need? We never even ended up buying a stroller because I always enjoyed carrying her in the front/back pack.

Some people enjoy decking out the nursery and having all the neat little contraptions, like wipe warmers (what???) and special bath buckets with rubber ledges to fit against the kid`s hairline (what ever happened to using an ice cream bucket?). That`s all fun if you want to do it and you can afford it. But the kid`s indifferent.

Wipe warmers??? 0.o Seriously, I had baths as a kid directly IN the sink, one adult would hold me the other would bath me, lol.

Ugh. I don't know what I ate last night, but I got NO sleep. I have a sore throat, stuffy nose, and diarehea(sp), my stomach keeps bubbling up, and it's so painful. i'm really irritated right now. Plus I burned something earlier on accident and it still smells like smoke in here. No more how much water I drink, my throat feels dry. I can't wait until I feel better again.

Hope you feel better! I'd ask your doctor about what you can and can't use while sick. Hopefully you can take something for it all.

Just saw this thread.. hugs to you lostnscared.

I was going to agree with FreedomRings post from right at the beginning of this thread but fast forwarded to see if you'd come to any decision and see you have. It's a very brave decision .. and I think as time goes on you'll feel even less and less scared about things. I'll probably be doing my masters while pregnant too (assuming all goes to plan) and while its not ideal.. whats a few years of extra hard work?

My friend said (and said that a lot of her friends had also said) that she wished she'd had hers much younger because its much easier on the body - both to give birth and to run around after them afterwards.. I'm happy for you that you have such a supportive family and boyfriend.

I would have been supportive of any choice you made .. since the one you made was to keep him/her - I should tell you.. I was talking to a GP once - the one who told me my engagement ring was really small, actually - lol - but he (he was outspoken) said to me that he has women coming to him in their early 20s asking for an abortion because they are not married or only engaged etc and that it's sad because of the amount of women he sees in their early 30s - coming to him in tears because they can't conceive.

So.. I guess is your time.. even though you didnt plan it this way. I'm sure once you have him/her you'll be wondering how you could ever have contemplated doing anything different.

Big hug.

Hope you feel better! I'd ask your doctor about what you can and can't use while sick. Hopefully you can take something for it all.

Yes, that's a great idea. My doctor said I can take sudafed and robitussin and a few others for cold symptoms, but it's always a good idea to check with your own doctor! I also check all my medication on link removed because it shows the "rating".

When do you see your doctor?

LOL- we received the rubber ledge bath bucket- here to tell you it doesn't work that way unless you have a docile child who sits still long enough to fit the rubber against the forehead. I will tell the OP that currently among his favorite toys: an old cellphone, the inner roll from a saran wrap (or foil not sure) because he can fit things through it, the coffee cup carrier from a local starbucks (looks like an egg carton -can be used as a hat (for himself or us) and to play hide and seek with. Also he managed to get a jingly plastic ball stuck in the mouth of an empty plastic cup (was a sippy at one point) so that he can shake the cup and bang it, etc. Oh and boxes filled with paper, magazine pages, greeting cards and pages from destroyed books which he organizes and "files". He also has many typical toys (most of them gifts or handmedowns) but that is why I'm glad I didn't do the theme -my whole mindset was practicality and functionality -we don't have a huge place and we knew we'd be moving within the first 6 months.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the support. I've been taking nasal saline spray for my nose, and cough drops for my throat, and drinking lots of orange juice and water. I feel much better than how I felt this weekend, but emotionally I'm not doing the best. For some reason I'm very angry at times, other times very scared, and sad, and happy, etc. It's just driving me crazy. I still keep lashing out at my bf and I'm getting fed up with him to be honest.

And no I haven't made my doctor appointment yet. Which I know is bad, I still need to find a doctor. I haven't been to the doctor since last year, and that was just family doctor. And that was in a different state.

Thank you lol. I know. I had contemplated abortion up until the end of last week. I really didn't want to start this early, but I do feel as if everything happens for a reason. I know that getting an abortion again would be emotionally traumatizing, and that giving the baby up for adoption would be as well. I'm REALLY trying hard to make the best of it, but there are times when I do sort of second guess my decision. For instance watching labor videos, 16 and pregnant, reading articles about parenting making you unhappy, seeing my own friends and their kids, etc.

If only there were a pill you could take to control the hormones. It's awful, isn't it? It's so hard to separate your rational fears and concerns from the hormones and it really throws you off. Hope this week goes better for you, LS.

Eh, thanks. I don't think I will feel better until I can move closer to my mom, and my bf is not being cooperative about it. I already posted a thread in the relationship conflict forum, but it is really p*ssing me off that he is so unwilling to make this sacrifice for me, being all the sacrifices I made by stating in this state for him. I am so angry with him right now.

Thank you, I'll be sure to PM if I have any questions. Everyone has been so HELPFUL though and SUPPORTIVE. I love ENA for that.

I have type A tendencies when it comes to babies, and planning, and many of my questions are probably about "things" I have no control over--such as labor, how quickly I'll lose the weight, pregnancy symptoms, when the baby will come, if it's a boy or girl, etc.

So far, I'm just really trying to stop thinking too far ahead.

Haha I am VERY type A also and I think having a baby and being pregnant was good for me because I had to learn to let go of some of the control and not sweat the small stuff. I learned pretty quickly in my pregnancy with my daughter and with this baby that the baby is in charge, not me!

Thanks for answering my questions!!!

Haha that scares me--I hope I'm not one of the people that can't lose the weight. I'm already overweight(I'm a size 10) --I really hope that my body and metabolism are good to me after.

Was your first labor long? Seems like what your saying is right. I know people who had their children REALLY fast, and those that were in labor for almost 30 hours. The latter is frightening but I guess that is another thing I have no control over.

My first labor isn't really a good example to go by because I had pre-eclampsia and I had to be induced 3 1/2 weeks before I was due. My body wasn't ready to labor and my baby wasn't ready to come out so I had an induction and it unfortunately was not successful and I ended up with a c-section. As you get closer to your due date your body starts preparing for childbirth, your cervix softens and dilates, you start having practice contractions, etc and that helps set the stage for labor and delivery. It is common for first time moms to have a longer labor than a mom who has given birth before but it is by no means an absolute. I have 2 friends who gave birth to their first babies in less than 8 hours from the start of labor, and ones who labored for over 40 hours, it really is different for every women.

Lost,

the hormones in early pregnancy can be very scary and difficult to deal with but try to be patient with your BF and understand his feelings too. Even though physically you are feeling changes, he is also going through some major adjustments and it can be difficult for both of you. It's important to talk and share your feelings but try not to attack or accuse, that isn't going to get you anywhere and isn't good for your relationship anyway. You are going to need each other's support more than ever.

How far along are you now?

Are you taking prenatal vitamins?

Okay, thank you. That makes me feel a little better. What I'm really wondering is how much pain it will be. I don't have a high pain threshold. I watched this show on lifetime yesterday(15 and pregnant) and this woman was in what looked to be a horrible labor, she was screaming and drenched in sweat. That scared me bad. I need to make a note to myself not to watch anymore delivery movies lol.

Lost,

the hormones in early pregnancy can be very scary and difficult to deal with but try to be patient with your BF and understand his feelings too. Even though physically you are feeling changes, he is also going through some major adjustments and it can be difficult for both of you. It's important to talk and share your feelings but try not to attack or accuse, that isn't going to get you anywhere and isn't good for your relationship anyway. You are going to need each other's support more than ever.

How far along are you now?

Are you taking prenatal vitamins?

I don't know how far along I am. I haven't went to the doctor. My last period was on December 9th. I started taking prenatal vitamins yesterday. I have not made an appointment with a doctor either--I admit I'm in denial. Deep down if my bf does not decide to go to Nashville with me, I don't know if I'm going to keep the baby, I don't want to be a single mom.

I don't know how far along I am. I haven't went to the doctor. My last period was on December 9th. I started taking prenatal vitamins yesterday. I have not made an appointment with a doctor either--I admit I'm in denial. Deep down if my bf does not decide to go to Nashville with me, I don't know if I'm going to keep the baby, I don't want to be a single mom.

I'd make the appointment soon to see how far along you are and to make sure it's going well.

I posted on your other thread about your boyfriend, so I would suggest having that talk with him pretty soon. Though if he can't 'man up', there are many couples who would love a baby if you would give yours up for adoption. Without adoption, my aunt would never have had children. She adopted my 2 cousins at birth and they have been a part of our family ever since. That gave my aunt the chance to be a mother, when otherwise she could not have been.

I'd make the appointment soon to see how far along you are and to make sure it's going well.

I posted on your other thread about your boyfriend, so I would suggest having that talk with him pretty soon. Though if he can't 'man up', there are many couples who would love a baby if you would give yours up for adoption. Without adoption, my aunt would never have had children. She adopted my 2 cousins at birth and they have been a part of our family ever since. That gave my aunt the chance to be a mother, when otherwise she could not have been.

I know I need to make the appointment. I think I'm having a hard time coming to terms with it. I keep thinking by some miracle my period will show up lol.

I am def. going to talk to my boyfriend after next week, so that he still has these next couple of weeks to come to term with the pregnancy. He is already manning up--he quit smoking for instance, and is willing to do anything for this baby--financially, emotionally etc. The ONLY thing he isn't saying "yes" or "no" to is moving. And if it so happens that I end up moving to TN and he decides he doesn't want to come, but wants to "co-parent", I will probably terminate. I have no interest in raising a child on my own, and adoption would be too difficult.

Okay, thank you. That makes me feel a little better. What I'm really wondering is how much pain it will be. I don't have a high pain threshold. I watched this show on lifetime yesterday(15 and pregnant) and this woman was in what looked to be a horrible labor, she was screaming and drenched in sweat. That scared me bad. I need to make a note to myself not to watch anymore delivery movies lol.

Was it just a movie or an actual reality show? Movies always dramatize deliveries, it makes it more exciting! Something that surprised me at some of the births I've attended is how quiet it is in the room. Mom is focused on the task at hand, and isn't shrieking and screaming like they always do on movies.

Something else to consider, by the time you are at the end of your pregnancy, you are likely going to welcome labor and delivery and look forward to it! You will probably be tired of being pregnant, ready to get your body back to yourself, and ready to meet your baby! When it actually begins, chances are you will be thinking more about how excited you are to meet your baby than about the labor itself. Think of it as hard work with a wonderful goal, holding and loving your new baby!

Well all four pregnancy tests said positive. Unless I got four false positives--then wouldn't I be PG? I mean I haven't got my period still and I was supposed to get it on New Years.

I would stop spending money on over the counter tests and go to the doctor. He/she could tell you if you are pregnant for sure, or if something else is going on. It will put all the anxiety to rest one way or the other. It might make it more "real" if you go, so maybe that's what you are avoiding - right now you can kid yourself that you can't possibly be pregnant or you could also swing the opposite way and have the fantasy dream come true that you are and dont want the bubble burst. So just go - and get the truth. And then you can stop speculating and just know where you are at - to breathe a sigh of relief but take this opportunity to really seriously think about the future or to prepare for a baby.

Archived