lostnscared

Oh wow no weight gain? I would like to only gain 25 pounds, but I don't know how to control that... I don't plan to eat a lot of fattie stuff. I am remaining on the diet I had originally planned for last week, but with an extra 200-300 calories a day.

I went to school with a girl who gained nine pounds while pregnant. My sister when they took my nephew via c section, went down a pants size than BEFORE she was pregnant and all they did was take the baby. It really depends on how you eat, what you eat, and your body type as well.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went to school with a girl who gained nine pounds while pregnant. My sister when they took my nephew via c section, went down a pants size than BEFORE she was pregnant and all they did was take the baby. It really depends on how you eat, what you eat, and your body type as well.

Yeah. I eat small snacks throughout the day--mainly fruit, and veggies. I do consume bread, but I don't worry about that. I made low calorie cookies(only 60 calories per cookie) so I do consume 2 to 3 of those as a snack. And I'll be working out 3 to 4 times a week every week, through this pregnancy.

Ideally I only want to gain 25-35 pounds. I'm already overweight.

Yeah. I eat small snacks throughout the day--mainly fruit, and veggies. I do consume bread, but I don't worry about that. I made low calorie cookies(only 60 calories per cookie) so I do consume 2 to 3 of those as a snack. And I'll be working out 3 to 4 times a week every week, through this pregnancy.

Ideally I only want to gain 25-35 pounds. I'm already overweight.

Just talk to your doctor about your weight fears. Yes, they say to be at your ideal weight when you concieve but losing post baby weight is the same as trying to lose weight in general: you just have to keep at a routine. You know eat if you want to, don't think you have to x amount of calories but don't over eat as well.

Oh wow no weight gain? I would like to only gain 25 pounds, but I don't know how to control that... I don't plan to eat a lot of fattie stuff. I am remaining on the diet I had originally planned for last week, but with an extra 200-300 calories a day.

I think that since I puked up everything I did eat and had absolutely sickening aversions to ALL food but fruit and baked potatoes that helped. The only meat I could even bare to look at was chicken. I had such bad food aversions it was unreal. Even thinking about eating made me retch. However it was ok after cause I had to GAIN weight back. Two days after my son was born I was 40 pounds under what I was when I got pregnant.

My son was small though for a boy. He was just over 6 pounds because he had uterine growth restriction and I could not eat at all.

I think that since I puked up everything I did eat and had absolutely sickening aversions to ALL food but fruit and baked potatoes that helped. The only meat I could even bare to look at was chicken. I had such bad food aversions it was unreal. Even thinking about eating made me retch. However it was ok after cause I had to GAIN weight back. Two days after my son was born I was 40 pounds under what I was when I got pregnant.

See the last time I was pregnant I was that way. I seriously lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. I just laid in bed, moaned, and ate strawberries, and sweated. It was so horrible. I'm really hoping this pregnancy doesn't go in that direction. But so far this one already feels different. I still have a lot of energy and feel fine, beyond minor cramping, and having to use the bathroom a lot.

My second (which was really my 4th pregnancy) but I call him the second because he got farther than the others I had no morning sickness at all. I could eat anything but strangely I was not hungry at all. Figure that out. I felt ok but was restricted to be bed again because an enormous SCH bleed which eventually killed him.

I just have no luck at all in that dept. Not every pregnancy is even close to the same sometimes.

Haha I know. I'm going to start working out next week(moderate walking and biking) and I've been eating lots of salads, dried fruit, subway, banana, and low calorie chocolate chip cookies(hey I have to have something resembling chocolate). I also make sure to drink lots of water. My pants are still fitting tight though. My stomach is a little bloated. I really hope I don't gain too much weight.

You can actually keep on your diet for a while even while pregnant. My cousin kept losing weight for the first 3 months of pregnancy and then stayed the same for another 2 months and then gained a little bit of weight. As long as you don't over eat, you'll be fine.

I'd always been slim, gained 37 pounds and lost the post-baby weight within the first five months by getting back into regular exercise within 4-6 weeks after the birth. Then I lost an additional 5 pounds within 3-6 months after that because of exercising, the physical exertion of caring for a baby/toddler and eating sensibly.

I did not try to gain less weight while pregnant - I tried to eat healthful foods when I was hungry but also ate ice-cream, chocolate, whipped cream etc. And lots of red meat -serious craving! My doctor was happy with my weight gain/health.

if you can breast feed do that! i got so skinny after i had my children and i ate everything i could get my hands on. no diet needed. just watch out when you stop feeding but my appetite decreased at that time. wonder if that works for most women?

dont know how people control their appetite when pregnant i was a monster. luckily i didnt want fatty food i had cravings for fruit and either raw or lightly cooked veg i was an eating machine. went off fatty foods and chocolate my taste buds seemed to shift when pregnant.

if you can breast feed do that! i got so skinny after i had my children and i ate everything i could get my hands on. no diet needed. just watch out when you stop feeding but my appetite decreased at that time. wonder if that works for most women?

I've heard many women talk about how breast feeding is what really made them lose the baby weight. I know my cousin swears by it, as she dropped pounds fast while breast feeding.

I did not have to be induced with my son who is my first and hopefully not last!

I was a little overweight when I got pregnant and I gained somewhere between 20 to 25 pounds. I ate healthy nutritious meals with some treats here and there. I didn't have much of a sweet tooth, tbh. A week after the birth I was down 18 pounds, and I lost 20 more pounds while breastfeeding. (I am still bfing.) So I gained around 25 but lost 38 (yay for breastfeeding!) and am no longer overweight. Plus my breasts weigh around 7 pounds, so the scale should go down even more when I wean. (I'm not very large naturally.) Just be sensible about what you eat and you should be fine!

So glad you are feeling better about everything today!

I did not have to be induced with my son who is my first and hopefully not last!

I was a little overweight when I got pregnant and I gained somewhere between 20 to 25 pounds. I ate healthy nutritious meals with some treats here and there. I didn't have much of a sweet tooth, tbh. A week after the birth I was down 18 pounds, and I lost 20 more pounds while breastfeeding. (I am still bfing.) So I gained around 25 but lost 38 (yay for breastfeeding!) and am no longer overweight. Plus my breasts weigh around 7 pounds, so the scale should go down even more when I wean. (I'm not very large naturally.) Just be sensible about what you eat and you should be fine!

So glad you are feeling better about everything today!

Thank you, for this. Curious--did you have a boy? I read that salty cravings means a boy. Ugh I hope not, I want a girl, but so far I'm craving subway, chocolate chip cookies, and chipotle. Luckily I made myself eat a salad last night, but I'm going to chipotle today after I go sking.

I craved sweet fruit and I had a boy. I wanted a girl too. When my son was born my husband started jumping up and down saying " it's boy it's a boy it's a boy! Score!!!" My reply was "SHUT UP!! I KNOW!!" because I had wanted a girl. I was so disappointed. When I saw his face. Oh my! I started bawling my eyes out and said " OMG you are SOOOOO beautiful. You could never be replaced by a billion girls. You are so perfect and the love I feel for you is bigger than the universe." That is still true to this day. I love my boy to bits.

I craved sweet fruit and I had a boy. I wanted a girl too. When my son was born my husband started jumping up and down saying " it's boy it's a boy it's a boy! Score!!!" My reply was "SHUT UP!! I KNOW!!" because I had wanted a girl. I was so disappointed. When I saw his face. Oh my! I started bawling my eyes out and said " OMG you are SOOOOO beautiful. You could never be replaced by a billion girls. You are so perfect and the love I feel for you is bigger than the universe." That is still true to this day. I love my boy to bits.

Lol... If I have a boy I know I'll be okay. Of course I want a girl, but having a boy won't be bad. My boyfriend doesn't want a girl at all. He's afraid of having a girl, and it would be very stressful for him if I had a girl. He knows he would be one of those super-strict dads.

Thank you, for this. Curious--did you have a boy? I read that salty cravings means a boy. Ugh I hope not, I want a girl, but so far I'm craving subway, chocolate chip cookies, and chipotle. Luckily I made myself eat a salad last night, but I'm going to chipotle today after I go sking.

Yes, I had a boy. I really wanted a girl and was disappointed when I found out it was a boy. But I got over it, esp after picking out his name and getting excited about him. And then of course when he came I was so in love I was like "Pfffth, who needs girls!"

Lost,

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I wonder if you really wanted a baby and unintentionally planned it though now isn't the right time. I've seen a lot of your postings (including several between you and I) where it's obvious you can't wait to be a mother. While now isn't the perfect time, you know you are in a better situation than many. You have a degree and a job and a secure relationship with your boyfriend. While I certainly support the right to abortion, I think in your case having a baby is a good thing. I think you'll find out that it makes you happy.

To be honest, childbirth scares me too so I know what you mean. Keep in mind that millions of women have done it throughout centuries. Now with medical technology it makes it even easier.

I really wanted a girl too. But, once I found I was having a boy it didn't matter anymore, I'm just utterly in love with this little person who I have not even met yet! I still love looking at all the little dresses, though, I can't lie about that!

I really wanted a girl until I found out I was pregnant. Then I didn't care. A few weeks later I just knew I was having a boy and I was thrilled. I'm still thrilled. The little dresses are cute but I am relieved I don't have to care as much about his clothes (I think I would have if I had a girl).

Lost,

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I wonder if you really wanted a baby and unintentionally planned it though now isn't the right time. I've seen a lot of your postings (including several between you and I) where it's obvious you can't wait to be a mother. While now isn't the perfect time, you know you are in a better situation than many. You have a degree and a job and a secure relationship with your boyfriend. While I certainly support the right to abortion, I think in your case having a baby is a good thing. I think you'll find out that it makes you happy.

To be honest, childbirth scares me too so I know what you mean. Keep in mind that millions of women have done it throughout centuries. Now with medical technology it makes it even easier.

I did want a baby, but I wanted a baby AFTER graduate school. I didn't plan this at all. Matter of fact after the last pregnancy scare I had back in October/ November(I believe) we went back to using condoms. I cannot be on birth control for medical reasons, so condoms were really my own source of protection. I really thought I was going to get my period on Sunday. I went out bought a box of tampons. I got so wasted New Years Eve weekend, and NEW years that Sunday I had a double hangover. I just didn't think I WOULD get pregnant right now. I still wake up with panic attacks, and I get them several times throughout the night. I think I WANTED a baby(the idea) of it, but now that I'm pregnant I don't know anymore. I'm very fickle, and have always liked the idea of having or doing something UNTIL it actually happens. Now that I'm pregnant I don't really want a baby, it was nice thinking about it though, when I wasn't pregnant because it was like a fantasy almost. I know this sounds bad, but I'm being honest.

And yes I know that my situation could be worse--at least I do have some things--still doesn't make me feel better. The more I talk to friends about the various things they are going to be doing in their lives over the next few years, child-free, I feel angry, and resentful. For instance I have friends that are going on road trips, going overseas for vacations, who are going to have a house FIRST before a baby, etc. I just feel like "oh my gosh my life is over". I had a list of 52 things I wanted to complete before I was 28, now I feel like so many things aren't going to happen.

I know your scared and you do have options just take a second to think about it. Ask yourself why are you scared? Is it financial? Emotional? I mean.. there are several aspects to it I imagine. Just make sure you dont regret the choices that you've made.

I'm scared of what people will think. Financially I'm doing fine--I have my own place, and a good career, my own car, etc. Emotional I'm not very good, but I'm okay. It's really just explaining to people that I'm 23 and pregnant, unmarried, not started graduate school, etc. I'm just dissapointed in myself.

I really wanted a girl too. But, once I found I was having a boy it didn't matter anymore, I'm just utterly in love with this little person who I have not even met yet! I still love looking at all the little dresses, though, I can't lie about that!

LOL. I mean if I don't have a girl I won't die. But deep down I think it is. I have a feeling--I could be wrong.

Archived