lostnscared

Is there even a slight chance it could be a false positive? I know they are rare but they do happen. I would def go to the doctor and find out 100% you are before you try to wrap your mind around it. It would suck to do all this worrying and end up not in that positoin. :s I'd def. go to the doctor.

Sometimes it takes getting something we thought we wanted to realize we really didn't want it. Do you think you could still want children but the fact this is at the worst time is making you think you never did? Our emotions play tricks on us when we are confronted with it. I feel for you, I do. You know how much I want children but if I were to get pregnant now... God. I'd have to have the baby without CS because I couldn't just MOVE over there. I def. can understand how having one unplanned at the worst time can be freightening. *hugs*

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the positive line was very faint(a different color) from the other lines. My period is 1.5 days late. Last month was very stressful for me, and an uncle died during christmas week. I can see all of these events causing my period to be late. So should I go to a doctor to confirm?

I know it sounds bad, but if I am, I am contemplating moving down south to live with my mom. I know this wouldn't make my boyfriend to happy, but I have no family here, all of my family lives hours away. I need a support system, and my friends(most of which have kids) could be support systems but I'd rather be with my mom. I don't know how to tell this to my boyfriend at all.

Yeah I think I liked the idea of having a child BUT only at a good time. Now that I ACTUALLY am it isn't a good time and now I feel bad about it, and embarrassed that I ever wanted this. I'm so embarassed about what others will think, and I know my dad and sisters will be very disappointed in me. I think that is what's very frightening, that and the fact that my life will change drastically.

I would. Most def. I know they say it doesn't matter how faint the positive line is but like you said, stress can cause it to be late. and you are only a day late? I mean, it's very RARE to have a positive test but I did a few years back.

Would he be willing ot move with you? No one can blame you for wanting a support system, whether you keep the baby or not. Either option you are going to need support of family and friends. I'm sure he will want what is best for you and if you do decide to keep the baby, if he wants it like he says he does, he won't mind moving to make it easier on you.

You can't help what others thinks though. I know people who planned their lives perfectly: dated the 'right' time, got engaged at the 'right' time, married, got pregnant, and people still looked at them weird for even WANTING a family. It's going to 'show them more' by handling this with calm and grace, which I know you will.

Definitely go to the doctor to confirm your test. I went to Planned Parenthood after I got my positive, and when I got there it was NEGATIVE! Because my hormone levels were so low at that point it was diluted too much. When I took more on my own (often the store tests are MORE sensitive than the doctors, go figure) they were positive. You can also get a blood test at PP, I think they are 20 dollars?

If you just call your regular gyno they might make you wait, I know mine did. Mine told me to wait 2 weeks and to believe my pregnancy test because they are extremely accurate. But, PP will see you anytime.

First off, im sorry for what you're going through. I know this is one of the toughest things a woman can go through. I know how i felt the few times i had took a pregnancy and i had to sit and wait for the results. I thought i would faint. Luckily they were always negative but i vowed that i never want to take another pregnancy test until the day when im praying the results are positive.

With that said, the best thing to do would be to get a blood test to make sure that you are actually pregnant. You said that your period is only 1.5 days late. A home pregnancy test may not be able to accurately detect the pregnancy hormone yet. A blood test can tell you for sure.

If you are pregnant I would not suggest an abortion. The decision is ultimately yours but i work in health care and i can tell you that abortions are very dangerous. The fact that you have already had an abortion makes me nervous. Abortions can damage a womans reproductive organs which you may regret if one day down the line you WANT to have children.

Adoption is a great option but i know it could be difficult to give up a child u just gave birth to.

I honestly think that having this baby wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. Dont doubt your ability to be a good parent. This wasnt planned but you are an adult and its not impossible. Your dad may not be happy with the idea right away but trust me he will get over it. You are capable of raising a healthy, loved child. This isnt like the old days when a young girl got pregnant. There are many programs available for you and women have several options when giving birth to eliminating pain during child birth.

Think about everything carefully but just remember itts not the end of the world!

Definitely go to the doctor to confirm your test. I went to Planned Parenthood after I got my positive, and when I got there it was NEGATIVE! Because my hormone levels were so low at that point it was diluted too much. When I took more on my own (often the store tests are MORE sensitive than the doctors, go figure) they were positive. You can also get a blood test at PP, I think they are 20 dollars?

If you just call your regular gyno they might make you wait, I know mine did. Mine told me to wait 2 weeks and to believe my pregnancy test because they are extremely accurate. But, PP will see you anytime.

Thank you for this. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms. I'm not tired at all, even though I slept like 4 hours. I have lots of energy. Am able to work out, etc. This is all very weird. When I was pregnant the last time, a week before my period I started having symptoms--flulike, extremely tired, sick to the point where I had to be on bedrest, etc. So that is why this is all very weird to me. I don't FEEL pregnant. I have had abdominal cramping over the last few days but I've had that with PMS before as well, my breasts are sore as well. I may not have peed or did the test right. I was so nervous.

Maybe I'm in denial. I will go to a PP first before deciding anything.

And OG, he wouldn't move with me--at least not at first. He has a lot of obligations here right now, that I don't have. And my mom would not be okay with us BOTH living with her. I can but not him. He does have a friend who lives in the same city as my mom, but this friend has drinking problems--but I know this friend could possibly get him a job. My thing is that if he deadset on keeping this baby, he also should be willing to make sure I'm comfortable as well.

Thank you for this. Honestly I NEVER thought I would be pregnant, and yes taking that test was scary. I know that having another abortion wouldn't be a good idea. I guess I'm scared of how much my life will change at such a young age. I had so many plans: going back to school, traveling, etc. Now I feel very stuck and that is what I'm most fearful about--that and telling my dad and sisters.

Thank you for this. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms. I'm not tired at all, even though I slept like 4 hours. I have lots of energy. Am able to work out, etc. This is all very weird. When I was pregnant the last time, a week before my period I started having symptoms--flulike, extremely tired, sick to the point where I had to be on bedrest, etc. So that is why this is all very weird to me. I don't FEEL pregnant. I have had abdominal cramping over the last few days but I've had that with PMS before as well, my breasts are sore as well. I may not have peed or did the test right. I was so nervous.

Maybe I'm in denial. I will go to a PP first before deciding anything.

I do not blame you. I was STILL in denial until after a doctor confirmed it. That's very normal, I'd do the same thing.

I know it doesnt seem that way now but your family will ALWAYS have your back. The disappointment wont last forever. Just make them proud by showing you are a responsible mature young woman. And MANY young girls have babies these days and still go on to college etc. Im not going to lie. Ive seen friends do it and it wasnt easy...point is..They did it! My mother had my oldest brother at 21 years old and was a single mom. There were days when she went without eating to feed her son but she always provided for him. She went on to travel, get married and have two more children in a beautiful house. She struggled but she wouldnt have given up her child for the world. In fact, she says being a mother is the only thing she feels she's done right in her life. i believe you can truly do the same.

I know that is true. but is it possible to be pregnant but not have any real symptoms?

Every woman is different, some don't get all the classic symptons. My best friend NEVER had morning sickness. The only reason we knew she was pregnant her breasts were tender and she hadn't had her period. Granted she was in denial and didn't take a test until she was 2 months but we knew way before she took the test that she was. My sister, puked her head off the first 3 months. You have been pregnant once and I know each pregnancy is different but surely you would feel somewhnat the same as you did last time.

im scared of child birth too. But now that i work in a hospital with pregnant women and i look at smaller, weaker women go through it, i cant help but tell myself "stop being a punk". Labor is serious but millions of women go through it and they are okay. As i said, there are many things you can get to ensure you have little to no pain. Something our old relatives didnt have back in the day. Some women prefer C-sections so that they dont have to go through actual labor. You barefuly feel anything but you are more sore later and you should be on bedrest for about a week to heal properly. As i said, there are many options available.

I know that is true. but is it possible to be pregnant but not have any real symptoms?

Yes. Just like every woman's pregnancy is different, every pregnancy is different as well. Your first one might have had a lot of symptoms and this one doesn't and that is normal to occur. It sounds odd, but it's true.

I already have a bachelors--I wanted to get a masters first. The not traveling I can deal with, but I don't know how I'm going to go to grad school with a baby, where I will be living next year, and how I'm going to deal with little sleep, etc.

Right now you just have to take one thing at a time LS. Find out for sure you are pregnant first. If you try to think of everything else-- how you are going to go back to school, losing sleep, were you will live. You NEED to think of those things yes but right now, if you do, you will over load yourself. One thing at a time.

The thing is I would want the baby. I just don't want to go through the nine months of pregnancy and horrible labor. I'm terrified of it both. Honestly I do want the baby, I just don't want to go through the process.

Also, in many pregnancies (mine included) the first 12 weeks ARE horrible, but you DO feel better. I feel much better today than I did at 8 weeks pregnant, and maternity clothing isn't that bad these days ;-). In fact, I think I'll be sad to give up my extremely comfortable jeans when this is over. But, like I said, please don't stress about birth yet, I'm trying NOT to think about it until I am, oh 40 weeks? Haha, maybe not that long, but something like that.

But, yes some women have NO symptoms, and sometimes you have then for a few weeks and then none the next. It's a very funny thing, how that works.

Every woman is different, some don't get all the classic symptons. My best friend NEVER had morning sickness. The only reason we knew she was pregnant her breasts were tender and she hadn't had her period. Granted she was in denial and didn't take a test until she was 2 months but we knew way before she took the test that she was. My sister, puked her head off the first 3 months. You have been pregnant once and I know each pregnancy is different but surely you would feel somewhnat the same as you did last time.

The last time I was very sick. Even before I was supposed to get my period I had what felt like a flu, and extreme fatigue. The following week food tasted funny, the week after I had terrible heartburn, and then the week after I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed. So far this doesn't seem to be the same. I have incredible energy, and only thing I have is mild cramping, and sore breasts--this isn't anything at all like how I felt my last pregnancy.

Archived