• I'm age 20-30 and I use tampons.
    • I'm age 30-40 and I use pads.
    • I'm age 30-40 and I use tampons.
    • I'm age 40-50 and I use pads.
    • I'm age 40-50 and I use tampons.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for those of you who have recently had babies, do you find that you would rather use pads than tampons, esp since you've had a baby, vs before you had a baby?

Does having a baby (esp naturally), make you more "loose" down there?

I had a csection so Landon didnt come down the shoot. lol I am still exactly the same there. So, having a baby didnt change me in any way.

As to looseness, I have a thread about this with some really good posts. Look back through my old threads and you'll see it!

I'm another one for menstrual cup! I use a mooncup, and am always waxing lyrical about it to my friends, it sounds so corny but it actually changed my life. Before I was on the pill I *never* knew when I was going to come on, so I'd always have to have a full on supply in my bag just in case. With this, however, you just have a little bag with the cup in and that's all you need in case you're caught unawares. I've had it since I was about 16/17, and I'm now 21 (22 in 2 days! hehe)

Most of the time I'll wear a pantyliner just in case, but I have generally light enough periods that I can empty it once in the morning and once in the evening. You get to know when it wants emptying quite quickly too!

I hated pads and I hated tampons. A couple of times I've gone home and left my mooncup back at uni and had to use tampons, and I get so grouchy about it and feel so wronged

I urge you - go and try one. They're about £20, which at first seems a lot, but they last about ten years, so how much money have you saved over that decade not buying pads or tampons? Not to mention the green factor!

xxx

I've heard of the mooncup as well, I'll probably look into it now a few people have said they use them but the only person I knew using was till now is a bit of a hippy and it actually sounded less hygienic to me... at least with tampons and pads, you throw them away! But if other presumably normal people find them fine then why not.

I tend to use tampons at night, and pads during the day. Since my job is sitting at a reception desk all day, I don't tend to get that icky feeling of walking around with one very much. I don't mind tampons at all, but.... this is going to sound like tmi but I like to know how things are progressing down there. I'm always slightly interested/concerned about anything changing and me not being aware of it.

When I was a teenager one of my friends at school came back from the toilets looking very pale. It turned out she had a really heavy period and was convinced she'd seen a foetus amongst the mess. I'm pretty sure she probably didn't but at the time it was very dramatic!

I found some mooncups available for new on Amazon. I've read reviews and it looks like a good product. Two sizes available: "B" (for women who haven't given birth) and "A" (women after birth).

I wonder how it would handle a heavy period. It would be interesting to see.

Luckily, I am on the pill and don't ovulate anymore so mine isn't much. This would be nice to use.

Also, I should mention that brand definitely matters. The generic tampons with no comfort applicators are still rough on me. I recommend the pearl line by tampax. They are curved, smooth, and go in much easier than the cardboard applicators do.

I can't stand the pearl brand. They expand in a really odd way, and it hurts whenever I pull them out.

I wear a teeny tiny tampon and a pantyliner.

I wore pads for a long time because I'm "tight" down there and I can't wear normal tampons. Worst of all, I'm not a virgin but still, having sex didn't change anything (the guy was small though, who knows?!) so for a long time I didn't wear tampons.

I finally found a really, really small one. Probably made for pre-teens or something. But it finally works!

Playtex used to have a brand called 'slimfits' and I loved those. They stopped making them (or selling them at the store) and I had to learn how to use regular size tampons, so I could only wear tampons sometimes because the regular size wouldn't always fit.

Then a couple of months ago I found out that playtex started another slim line and I stocked up on a whole bunch of boxes just in case. I ran out last month so I went to buy more, but they aren't selling them at the store again. =/

Playtex used to have a brand called 'slimfits' and I loved those. They stopped making them (or selling them at the store) and I had to learn how to use regular size tampons, so I could only wear tampons sometimes because the regular size wouldn't always fit.

Then a couple of months ago I found out that playtex started another slim line and I stocked up on a whole bunch of boxes just in case. I ran out last month so I went to buy more, but they aren't selling them at the store again. =/

I loved Slimfits too!! I was so sad when they discontinued it.

Currently, I am using Tampax Lites. They work for me now but I do miss the Slimfits a lot. The bad thing with the Lites is that they like to expand when the period is at its heaviest, so I can't keep them inside for long.

Gosh, this whole thread is making me want to go use a Mooncup! hahaha

A friend of mine just told me the same thing! I am a Stayfree gal myself! "Aunt Flo"...I never heard that term I don't like the idea of tampons because of the concern of having particles from the tampon itself sloughing off. I don't like the notion of having something remain for a long period of time up there. The few times I used a tampon when I went swimming I didn't like it....plus the string tends to hide!

Y'know what I want? I want o.b. tampons with a freakin' applicator.

The short length, the rolled design...never had a leakage issue with them. For a while KMart's store brand was the o.b. rolled design with an applicator (and only $1.99 for a box of 20!!!)...but then they switched manufacturers and the new supplier was using the basic Tampax long-rectangle-of-cotton-with-the-string-stitched-down-the-center design. Bleeeech! Horrid.

I don't have a problem with the non-applicator thing, but it's just quicker/easier/neater to have a damn applicator.

But, hey, in a few more years, I won't have to deal with any of it anymore.

Counting down to menopause.....

hahaha, this all reminds me of a story a friend of mine told me forever ago. She was about 12 years old, at summer camp, and there was a girl there who was desperately trying to fit in with the girls. one day she came in with a pad in her hand, with blue liquid on it and said, 'guess what, i got my period!!!' lol. (just like in the commercials, with the blue liquid being poured on the pads!)

hahaha, this all reminds me of a story a friend of mine told me forever ago. She was about 12 years old, at summer camp, and there was a girl there who was desperately trying to fit in with the girls. one day she came in with a pad in her hand, with blue liquid on it and said, 'guess what, i got my period!!!' lol. (just like in the commercials, with the blue liquid being poured on the pads!)

lmao!! Oh my god! Poor thing, I bet she never lived that down!

I can't stand the pearl brand. They expand in a really odd way, and it hurts whenever I pull them out.

Really?

I love the Pearl brand. That is the only one that really works for me.

For some reason when I use other brands, the actual tampon does not want to exit the applicator. I have to struggle with it and by then, the bathroom is starting to resemble a crime scene. LOL

I just got a coupon for 2.00 dollars off the Pearls. Oh that is a completely different thread, never mind.

I honestly haven't figured out tampons yet. I've tried, but it says that you shouldn't be able to really feel them once they're in, and they annoy me nearly to death. Also, they make my thingamagig really dry, even if they're in for just a second. I thought once that I should try lubricant, but I didn't have any, and wouldn't that completely destroy the absorbancy, which is the point to begin with? I don't think i'll ever understand tampons.

I hate pads. I hate everything. I hate you. Stop staring at me.

Archived