• I'm age 10-20 and I use pads.
    • I'm age 10-20 and I use tampons.
    • I'm age 20-30 and I use pads.
    • I'm age 20-30 and I use tampons.
    • I'm age 30-40 and I use pads.
    • I'm age 30-40 and I use tampons.
    • I'm age 40-50 and I use pads.
    • I'm age 40-50 and I use tampons.

Pads are the single most horrifying thing on earth, in my honest opinion.

haha. yeah I feel much the same way.

I use tampons but I will occasionally use a pad if I am just around the house for a couple hours to 'take a break' from tampons.

I'm about to get one of those menstrual cups- see how I like those.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd only use tampons if I was swimming or had to wear white pants or something. Otherwise, I'd rather let the blood flow out and not keep it in my body for longer than need be. Plus I can't really use tampons when I'm spotting or during the last couple days of my period as the flow is too weak and it would hurt to insert a tampon then.

I've been using tampons since I first got my period. But I just bought a diva cup, so now I use neither. Yay for saving the environment, one tampon at a time.

I've never even heard of those cups. I'm going to look into it.

Less bathroom waste.

Plus, my dog likes to get into the trash and find my used tampons. I'd really like for that to stop happening.

wow..I have only used tampons twice in my life for one hour at a time I think. I could "feel" it, not sure I had put it right. They scare me, I think it's gonna get lost inside. So it's always pads. I'm inspired to try tampons again though seeing the responses here.

wow..I have only used tampons twice in my life for one hour at a time I think. I could "feel" it, not sure I had put it right. They scare me, I think it's gonna get lost inside. So it's always pads. I'm inspired to try tampons again though seeing the responses here.

Yeah, the first few times it was borderlining hurting me. But, I was just putting it in incorrectly.

It was because I was too tense putting it in. You really have to relax to do it. Try thinking of your boyfriend...it helps, even though it is somewhat weird.

I wear a teeny tiny tampon and a pantyliner.

I wore pads for a long time because I'm "tight" down there and I can't wear normal tampons. Worst of all, I'm not a virgin but still, having sex didn't change anything (the guy was small though, who knows?!) so for a long time I didn't wear tampons.

I finally found a really, really small one. Probably made for pre-teens or something. But it finally works!

Also, I should mention that brand definitely matters. The generic tampons with no comfort applicators are still rough on me. I recommend the pearl line by tampax. They are curved, smooth, and go in much easier than the cardboard applicators do.

Yes yes! Agreed. I use Playtex gentle glide and wouldn't settle for anything else. No cardboard, mishapen ouchie tampons please lol. Plus they don't absorb at all!

That is the one time when generic brands suck.

Also, I should mention that brand definitely matters. The generic tampons with no comfort applicators are still rough on me. I recommend the pearl line by tampax. They are curved, smooth, and go in much easier than the cardboard applicators do.

Agreed. I use the itty bitty Pearl ones and I like them a lot.

I don't know how people (like my roomie) use tampons without ANY applicators. It's just a cotton bullet...it may be more "green" (as she says) but even I'm scared to use those! >

Yeah, the first few times it was borderlining hurting me. But, I was just putting it in incorrectly.

It was because I was too tense putting it in. You really have to relax to do it. Try thinking of your boyfriend...it helps, even though it is somewhat weird.

Thanks CC, I'll try it out

These are what I use. So comfortable and don't leak often.

I actually feel more comfortable with pads. In high school, I only used tampons when I had a swim meet. And now, I only use tampons when I go to the beach, or the pool, or clubbing etc. But yeah... for the most part, I use pads. The embarrassing thing, is that I didn't know how to properly use a tampon until I was in college.. so the whole time I used tampons on high school, I put it in the wrong way. I somehow thought that the applicator was suppose to stay inside as well O_O so yeah.... that's one of the reasons why I didn't like tampons back then, haha. So I preferred the OB tampons to the ones with the applicators. But now, if I had to wear a tampon, I'd prefer the ones with the applicators because they feel more cleaner. Yeah, I'm such a n00b lol

I am forced to use them if I forget to pack tampons and I need to get them from the bathroom depenser. But, I opt for scrunching up a bunch of toliet paper and shoving it between my legs before paying 25 cents for one of those cardboard claded pieces of fluff from hell.

yes, the pads from the dispensers are horrible!

I've been using tampons since my very first period at 13. The first time I tried using a pad I threw a tantrum about being a girl. They are truly awful.

I actually had to use one during my last period because of surgery and it brought me back to that feeling I had 10 years ago. Hopefully I never have to go there again.

Well, it seems that the consensus is that the ENA girls are in favor of tampons. I thought that maybe age would factor in. Of course, I was basing that solely on my experience alone. I started out using tampons and then after about 34 switched to pretty much just pads, with the occasional tampon. But it seems that women of all ages have a tampon preference in general, so I've learned something today. lol

Archived