Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mother on drugs

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by laney1979
    There's no need to be mean. I'm just looking for advice to help a situation. If I didn't care, I wouldn't have posted

And to answer your question, no, I do not. I just found all this out last night. I haven't been dating this guy for a month knowing all this. Which is why I came here to ask " what would you do"?. I knew she had parties. Me and the guy I'm dating were all good ... no signs of red flags, Until I found all this out last night when she arrived home out of her face on pills. So no, I didn't even know I was in this dramatic situation.
    You have only been dating this guy a month and you haven't bolted. Laney, even if the baby was not a part of the equation, why would his living situation not be one? This is why I thought you guys were teenagers. This is not something that adults in their 30's do. Why do you expect so little in a partner?

The fact that there is this serious issue with the baby, and this idiot of a bf has not taken any action, shows your inability in choosing good and stable partners.

Call CPS and get the hell out of this relationship. Your picker is way off!

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    You have only been dating this guy a month and you didn't bolt. Laney, even if the baby was not a part of the equation, why would his living situation not be one? This is why I thought you guys were teenagers. This is not something that adults in their 30's do. Why do you expect so little in a partner?

The fact that there is this serious issue with the baby, and this idiot of a bf has not taken any action, shows your inability in choosing good and stable partners.

Call CPS and get the hell out of this relationship. Your picker is way off!

Maybe I have my own issues of insecurity I guess.. probably expect so little in a partner
    as I've been hurt a lot in the past... but that's no excuse. You're right .
    Thank you all for your advice. I intend to do something about this. I may seem naive... But the reality is I'm a soft hearted person and the thoughts of me being the reason a baby gets taken away from his mother makes me feel horrible... But the babies safety is much more important x

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Please make that call tonight. Please make this child’s dire situation completely known . I know it is not easy I have made CAS calls before.

Thank you ... It will be hard but I will.

Platinum Member
    Maybe I have my own issues of insecurity I guess.. probably expect so little in a partner
    as I've been hurt a lot in the past... but that's no excuse. You're right .
    Thank you all for your advice. I intend to do something about this. I may seem naive... But the reality is I'm a soft hearted person and the thoughts of me being the reason a baby gets taken away from his mother makes me feel horrible... But the babies safety is much more important x
    This is all the reason you need to leave this guy. He is surrounded by drama. He sounds like a complete mess.

The baby deserves better than a mother like this. The baby is in a dangerous situation. I would also ask how you would feel if you found out the child died in her care?

Sorry to hear this. You're only dating 4 weeks consider cutting your losses and stepping out if this mess.

He's pretending to be the victim but he's actively living there and participating in this neglect. Since surely you haven't been invited there (since they are living as a family unit) you have not witnessed this and therefore can't report whatever hearsay he tells you about her. You can however report him to CPS for allowing this to go on in his house with his kid there, since he told you this directly..

Do not "help him". Delete and block him because his stories do not add up and he has zero integrity allowing this to take place with his own kid in the house. He should be trying to be a decent father, not dating and BSing women about what a party animal his live-in gf is and how he's a poor victim..
    I'm dating this guy just over a month.
    They have a 4 month old baby together. He choose to live with her to help bring up the baby.
    All his money goes to the baby.
    She's a party girl. She's always bringing people back to the house to throw parties. Sniffing coke And doing pills while the baby is upstairs.

A child shouldn't be living in those conditions! He's enabling this by living there with her and not seeking full custody if the child! I agree with the others, child services must intervene!

Platinum Member
    Laney, You have only been dating this guy only a month. This is not a long-term relationship.

There is so much dysfunction. You should have bolted the first time you witnessed the condition of the home and the ex's behavior. And, the most important bit, HE is still living with her. That should be a deal breaker.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 01-28-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Yes, leave this mess while you're still not that emotionally invested. This screams trouble and red flags everywhere.

Laney, you can do better than this. She's a druggie and he's enabling her. The poor child is the greatest concern here. It's a tiny, helpless baby that deserves a clean, safe, and loving environment.

Please call Child Protective Services immediately. Block this guy from your phone and all social media. The child needs to be removed from both parents, as both of them are being negligent and irresponsible.

So many children, often helpless infants, are abused, tortured and murdered by drug addicted "parents". (Sperm and egg donors, truthfully, not true parents. A parents loves, cares and protects).

I would have called animal welfare if a pet was living in the conditions you describe, let alone, a human infant. Good luck to you, and please keep us posted on your call to CPS. I wish you the best.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice