Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthday Text

Bronze Member

Birthday Text

So, today is my birthday. I've cut off contact with my ex after letting him lead me on for a few weeks. I finally had enough and told him I was done with the games and stopped contacting him.

I noticed yesterday that he deleted his profile from the dating app and assumed he has met someone else. It hurt but I decided I wasnt going to let it control me.

Today he texts me "Happy Birthday!". I replied "Thanks" and that was it. He hasn't initiated contact in weeks and he didnt reply to my thanks.

I'm trying to not think too much about it but he's the type who doesn't remember dates. He can't even remember one of his daughter's birthdays. We aren't friends on Facebook or anything.

I refuse to get drawn back in but I can't help but to wonder why he felt the need to text me.

Thoughts and insight appreciated. Is he just trying to stir me up?

2. 07-03-2018, 09:57 AM

He may be trying to stir things up, he may not be, however, you are the only one who can control that. From what you've said, I wouldn't bother communicating with him. I think, as women, we often accept less than we're worth. Remember how much you're worth - a lot and the right person will show you that. Men are very matter of fact and if he did want you back then he would be telling you that upfront or sending you detailed messages of his love for you. If he doesn't put himself on the line for you then he isn't worth your time. He probably text you just because he was bored - and that's not meant to insult you, but men like him tend to only think that far ahead and that's why he didn't reply - he found something else to do. My best advice would be to forget him, remember your worth and all the good things about you, and not settle for anyone that doesn't appreciate it because there are many good men out there that will. --BigSis

4. 07-03-2018, 10:10 AM

I would look at it as nothing but being courteous and moving on.

Bronze Member
    Thanks ya'll, I definitely know I'm worth so much more.

I refuse to put myself out there to try to push the conversation further for him. Thats why I only said thanks. I've poured my heart out to him previously in an attempt to get him back and all I got was false promises. I'm not going to do that to myself again. I'm moving on and I agree, if he had any actual interest in talking to me he would have responded again, but he didn't. He probably wanted to see if I would ignore him and I probably should have.

Happy Birthday! Now delete and block him from all messaging and all social media and all contact lists so you can stay strict no contact and move forward without unwanted reminders like this.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Happy Birthday! Now delete and block him from all messaging and all social media and all contact lists so you can stay strict no contact and move forward without unwanted reminders like this.
    Thank you! I did delete him from my contacts. I didn't block because I honestly never thought I'd hear from him again.

I'm making progress! Lol

Platinum Member
    Also stop searching for him on the dating app. No good can come from that. Blocking his number is also an excellent idea.

Hope you have a fun birthday!

Platinum Member
    Don't think, accept. Keep things simple.

You read it and delete it and you move on.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by JustMizz
    Thanks ya'll, I definitely know I'm worth so much more.

I refuse to put myself out there to try to push the conversation further for him. Thats why I only said thanks. I've poured my heart out to him previously in an attempt to get him back and all I got was false promises. I'm not going to do that to myself again. I'm moving on and I agree, if he had any actual interest in talking to me he would have responded again, but he didn't. He probably wanted to see if I would ignore him and I probably should have.
    No conversation. He just wrote Happy Birthday and didn't invite or encourage anything further than maybe a polite thanks from you.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Also stop searching for him on the dating app. No good can come from that. Blocking his number is also an excellent idea.

Hope you have a fun birthday!
    Thanks! I've deleted the app.

Originally Posted by No1
    Don't think, accept. Keep things simple.

You read it and delete it and you move on.
    I am moving onward. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    No conversation. He just wrote Happy Birthday and didn't invite or encourage anything further than maybe a polite thanks from you.
    I simply said "Thanks" and left it at that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice