Person1001

I've been bad w/spotting one sided relationships, so I want a guy who is actually interested in me. I went to an event I go every year, I knew I would meet guys there, but I never expected to find a guy who was really into me. Usually at that event, I meet a guy, dance w/him, exchange numbers and he falls off the face of the earth. Not this one lol. Although he lives a couple hours drive away from me, we did talk about starting something more serious after a little time. I saw him yesterday at the event (I was working it, its a weekend thing) and we went out for coffee. We talked for hours. He told me he was very busy and usually during the day he cannot have his phone on him He doesn't text much, but has replied to mine. Could he be taking it slow? I don't trust anything a guy says anymore above his actions cause my long distance ex always told me he loved me, but he never made an effort to keep good contact.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actions speak louder than words. You're right, OP. And given that texts take a lot of effort and dedication, never trust a man who doesn't text. Texting is probably the #1 sign of interest. I'm actually thinking of proposing to my girlfriend through SMS. Just gotta pick the right emojis.

If this guy claims he's got a "job" that requires that's actually "busy" and requires him to "pay attention," don't believe him. I used to drive a forklift and even I would text my BFFs while blazing through the warehouse intersections.

Actions speak louder than words. You're right, OP. And given that texts take a lot of effort and dedication, never trust a man who doesn't text. Texting is probably the #1 sign of interest. I'm actually thinking of proposing to my girlfriend through SMS. Just gotta pick the right emojis.

If this guy claims he's got a "job" that requires that's actually "busy" and requires him to "pay attention," don't believe him. I used to drive a forklift and even I would text my BFFs while blazing through the warehouse intersections.

He is in the army and told me he couldn't have his phone on him, today though he had a day off. He replied promptly to my text. When my ex and started dating, we texted like crazy, but that didn't last and obviously the relationship didn't.

Your past relationship hardly seemed one-sided or that he wasn't interested....there were major insecurities at play and your communication styles were not compatible. Stop blaming others/these guys for the demise of your relationship or the exact same thing is going to keep on repeating itself...

And yes PEOPLE can be non texters. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to be glued to your phone?! I don't even get what there is to text about so frequently...like honestly. Things I text are like "need anything from the store?", "Let's meet up on Thursday", "Going to be home late". I'm not going to waste my time typing out conversations or stories, bleh.

Your past relationship hardly seemed one-sided or that he wasn't interested....there were major insecurities at play and your communication styles were not compatible. Stop blaming others/these guys for the demise of your relationship or the exact same thing is going to keep on repeating itself...

And yes PEOPLE can be non texters. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to be glued to your phone?! I don't even get what there is to text about so frequently...like honestly. Things I text are like "need anything from the store?", "Let's meet up on Thursday", "Going to be home late". I'm not going to waste my time typing out conversations or stories, bleh.

Actually it was disinterest, my ex told me he it felt good not having to message me when he was on the trip (he asked for a little bit of space for a couple days). He never told me that it bugged him, otherwise I would have changed the way I approached it. I'm not blaming the guy, I'm actually blaming myself for getting involved w/guys who aren't def interested.

I personally do not want to be texting unless I'm setting dates until the woman I'm interested in is in love with me. Texting is a dangerous game that has gotten me in trouble in the past, and so I play the card of being very busy, which I am, and I'll message a few times a day maybe, if I feel it is right for maintenance reasons, and only if she initiated--of course I don't ignore a woman. Ideally though, I'm off the phone, I have my space, she has hers, then if she reaches out before a week since our last date, I am cordial, I set a date, and then I go about my business. If about a week has gone by since our last date, and we haven't talked at all, I call her and of course chat playfully with her, and then I ask her when she's free. She responds. I set a date, giving her the time and place that I was thinking of, and I text the address afterward. I continue to stay off the phone as much as possible. Better to have her wonder how into her I am than have her think I'm so excited to be texting with her.

Additionally, I am one who truly cannot be texting during the workday anyway because I am operating heavy machinery, climbing in and out and up and down things, or doing other things that require my full attention. My last serious girlfriend had a fit at first with this because she wanted more of my attention. Fortunately she got used to my schedule, and we had a nice relationship for a while.

"Texting is probably the #1 sign of interest."

I strongly disagree, j.man. Many men, including myself, have things to do at work during the day. The activities that I do at work involve hazards, and I do not sit around on the phone thinking of how I can word a text so its lighthearted, entertaining, not offensive or uninterested in tone, etc. while I'm performing such tasks. Many men are this way, even if their work doesn't involve physical hazards. I will do my best not to leave a woman hanging, but if I'm at work, she may be waiting for my response for a while. If she goes away and finds someone else because I couldn't text her much between dates, then she's better with someone else anyway.

"Texting is probably the #1 sign of interest."

I strongly disagree, j.man. Many men, including myself, have things to do at work during the day. The activities that I do at work involve hazards, and I do not sit around on the phone thinking of how I can word a text so its lighthearted, entertaining, not offensive or uninterested in tone, etc. while I'm performing such tasks. Many men are this way, even if their work doesn't involve physical hazards. I will do my best not to leave a woman hanging, but if I'm at work, she may be waiting for my response for a while. If she goes away and finds someone else because I couldn't text her much between dates, then she's better with someone else anyway.

There have been several times where he drops off the convo, one time he apologized for his phone dying. I really thought he wouldn't show yesterday, but he did, waited for me, actually hung out w/me while I worked and then spent more then 2 hours on our coffee date.

100% yes. I was dating this guy and he would respond hours later. It didn't bother me because I wasn't that interested in him but when we hung out he was highly interested in me and talked about being in a relationship one day. So even though he was a horrible Texter it didn't reflect upon how he felt about me.

Now this has only happened to me once out of the many guys I have dated. Usually when a guy doesn't text you that much it means he doesn't have much interest. I'm not saying that for everyone but I'm saying it from experience.

Just take notice of patterns. If he takes the time to text you quite frequently in the beginning and then all of a sudden it decreases significantly then he's either busy or not that interested anymore.

Can giy be non texters? To answer your question. Yes. I have a lot of my male friends who dont text at all. Now compare that to my female friends. I have 3 close female friends who text me every day. I have no idea why but most of my female friends tend to be more socialable.

To say again. Yes guys are non texters but dont let that be acceptable. If a guy is interested in you. he`ll reply with interest. Its also rude and bad manners to delay reply to a message and keep someone hanging on.

If a guy/girl kept on delaying messages. It would get me fustrated and depending how much I liked them. i would move in. Long or delayed respones are a huge turn off for me.

Can giy be non texters? To answer your question. Yes. I have a lot of my male friends who dont text at all. Now compare that to my female friends. I have 3 close female friends who text me every day. I have no idea why but most of my female friends tend to be more socialable.

To say again. Yes guys are non texters but dont let that be acceptable. If a guy is interested in you. he`ll reply with interest. Its also rude and bad manners to delay reply to a message and keep someone hanging on.

If a guy/girl kept on delaying messages. It would get me fustrated and depending how much I liked them. i would move in. Long or delayed respones are a huge turn off for me.

That's the thing, my ex also claimed to be a bad texter, but only when it came to me (when I was w/him, he had his phone on him, always messaging his friends). Yesterday the guy had a day off (yes he said he can't have his phone on him at work). We were having a text convo and he just dropped off. Idk what to think other then disinterest.

People gauge relationships and interest by how often you see each other and date, not text-tethering. Why didn't he want to see you on his day off? When is the next in person date planned?

Yesterday the guy had a day off. We were having a text convo and he just dropped off.
Read up on texting addiction: Compulsive texting takes it's toll

Archived