LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1149

Thread: New Journal

I can't believe you remember that! That's honestly so cool.
    Reminds me of the community feel that sometimes happens here, thank you for that.

Well, I guess it left an impression on me. Perhaps for the exact reason you mentioned. I remember ToV and Quirky were also part of the conversation. Quirky is maybe still around? Sometimes? ToV seems to have disappeared, which is a shame because she is such a special woman. I can only hope she's too busy loving life, and maybe loving another, to feel the desire to visit.

When I mentioned in your B-Day thread that I'm glad you're still around, I meant it. The ol' friendly faces of this place are what made it the place it is, and I'm forever grateful of each individual that bothered to lend a hand when I was so deeply stuck in that hole.

Every once in a while I see them post. I totally agree with you, both of them are awesome people.
    And I feel the same way, about the people who have helped me here and have generally just made strong impressions on me. Sometimes I wish I could meet them in person, buy everyone a drink, just hang out.
    And your kind words for me really made me feel good.

You have a genuity about you that is rare and resonates with me. Your words mean a lot to me, and I'm glad that mine seem to as well for you.

I really am happy that you seem to be in a good place. I'll get there eventually. Or die trying.

We are going on a somewhat impromptu 'camping' trip for 3 nights with a friend of ours and her 12 year old daughter.
    Unfortunately, her grandma had promised her a trip for this weekend, and then fell through at the last minute. So her mom ( our friend, a single mom ) wanted to do something fun with her as she was understandably upset and sad. So since our friend doesn't have a vehicle, and we were going to do some camping around now anyways, we are pooling together.
    I've been pretty excited to camp with them, but our friend is not a tent kind of person. I was able to book a place near the lake, with a pool, and we can have a campfire in the back. Pretty sweet for a few days notice!
    She's an awesome kid, I so hope she has a good time even though it's a bunch of grown ups.
    Will report later how it goes.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    So nice of you. ❤️

We all had a great time. It was cute, she slept the whole way there because she got up so early excited for the trip. And she slept the way back because she was tuckered out. This morning, I asked her if she wanted to go for one last swim with me and she said she was ready to be lazy lol. It's was perfect as I love the water, she is a fish too, but her mom not so much. So our friend got some precious me time, and I had a fun little buddy who didn't want to stop swimming either.
    We bbqed, had a camp fire, went paddle boating, built sand castles.. and when she was sleeping, had adult time chatting and laughing.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    We all had a great time. It was cute, she slept the whole way there because she got up so early excited for the trip. And she slept the way back because she was tuckered out. This morning, I asked her if she wanted to go for one last swim with me and she said she was ready to be lazy lol. It's was perfect as I love the water, she is a fish too, but her mom not so much. So our friend got some precious me time, and I had a fun little buddy who didn't want to stop swimming either.
    We bbqed, had a camp fire, went paddle boating, built sand castles.. and when she was sleeping, had adult time chatting and laughing.
    That sounds so so perfect.

Here is a pic from Lake Huron. Hubby and I got a day to ourselves.
    [Register to see the link]

Beautiful! So glad you got a day with your hubs to relax at the lake!
    I honestly didn't want to leave. Have to get some work done, but hope to get back by the water soon.

I'll admit sometimes I laugh at the mlm posts I come across on the rare occasions I'm scrolling through Facebook or when I'm looking to buy something from an online buy and sell.
    I came across one today though that hit me right in the heart, and is making me reevaluate jesting about it even though my intent isn't mean or anything. And to be clear, I've never joked about it to someone involved in one.
    I came across a typical post of a lady trying to dump 'overstock' and clicked on her profile. Suddenly I'm crying and feeling like such an ahole. This lady had pics of her disabled son and herself up with a caption about missing him. It made me so sad ! It clicked that this lady was dealing with the loss of her son, and this company swooped in and took advantage of her in her most vulnerable time. She had pages and pages of 'overstock' for sale. She's probably lost money she so can not afford to lose right now. And just the vileness, the vileness of someone preying on her, it shook me up.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice