How can I earn a living working online without having to do marketing?

The difference between an excuse and a reason is when you use an excuse you are blaming someone or some thing on why you can't do it. But when you have a reason, it is factual and there is no blame involved.

Reason: a cause, explanation, or justification for an event.

Excuse: a reason or explanation put forward to justify a fault or offense.

Your reasons are excuses.

You have not offered a single compromise, making most your reasons excuses

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, to put it simply: universities are formal institutions of knowledge like police is the formal law enforcement.

Yeah they're formal institutions but whatever you are learning is limited to whatever that college wants you to learn. There is a curriculum committee for each college that chooses what is taught there. I don't want anyone restricting my knowledge to only certain books or only certain methods. I want to learn from people who aren't in authority over me. I want to learn from people who wrote books to get information out that isn't mainstream. I want to learn from real world experiences from people who have gone through it. I actually spent a few months researching herbalism schools and every one had a different curriculum, in order to know everything you'd have to go to every school! That's why I like getting my information from a variety of places.

You don't need a college degree to make money.

I agree, and I really only need $2000 a month, which is poverty level, I don't need to make 6 figures.

But you may indeed need some sort of certification or apprenticeship for some jobs you might want. Yes, people are finding that a 4 year degree is not for everyone. It may be better for lots of people to go to a trade school but its not bad to have a degree and it does not make someone automatically enlightened because they do not have one.

I considered a trade school for horticulture/gardening (since thats the only "trade" I am interested in) but all the classes were in the mornings and I can't do those. That's a huge reason why I'm not working in any job in that field because you can't work on plants when it's dark out. I swear it's like the Universe gave me a disorder that prevents me from doing the one job I would actually like to do.

BUT i will tell you -- at least when i started working and even now --- let's put aside doctors, engineers and people that requires multiple years of study to learn their trade etc --- many employers look for a degree -- whether its a 2 year degree or what because it shows that you finished something. some of my friends do not work in the field of their certificaton, associate's degree or master's degree anymore, but what impressed employers is that they stuck with it, finished it and completed it.

I have never worked for an employer that looked for a degree, I guess the jobs I've had were for anyone walking in off the street. Many of the jobs I've had even had foreigners who could barely speak English.

MANY of these jobs requires degrees or certifications or to at least work for the company in the office before you have earned the right to telecommute. All of those tech jobs require certification programs or degrees. And no one is going to hire her as adjunct university faculty with no degree. And if she only speaks English, kiss interpreter goodbye. Most of the people who i know who work from home have paid their dues in the field first. there is no job on this list that you can start tomorrow with no certification, existing skill, etc.

I figured that would be the case, well you saved me a bunch of time on research, lol

Are these courses part of a certification or are these fluff courses?

I know you are looking at the price - but will this get you anywhere?

If you like just sort of poking around and taking random classes, maybe finding another job at a plant or a factory to have the income needed to do the exploration classes might be a good idea too

They do have certifications, yes. They are fluff courses to me though, I am taking them just to learn about the subject. It will just be a bonus that you get a certificate too. But practicing herbalism in America is iffy: this explains it better than i can; "In the United States, there is no certifying or licensing body in herbalism like there is for medical doctors, and thus there is no legally recognized certification or licensure for herbalists. Herbalists’ right to practice is protected by their right to free speech under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Herbalists can educate clients on how to use healthful food, lifestyle practices, and herbs to support wellness and correct imbalance so the body can heal itself, but it is illegal for herbalists to treat, cure, and prescribe as medical doctors can."

So I won't be able to have my own practice or business but there are a myriad of ways you can earn money with that knowledge.

Reason: a cause, explanation, or justification for an event.

Excuse: a reason or explanation put forward to justify a fault or offense.

Your reasons are excuses.

You have not offered a single compromise, making most your reasons excuses

I guess that's your opinion because my responses are reasons according to the definitions I have found.

Y

I do believe that tourism is a good field to break into. Marketing is easier in this case because the clients (tourists) already exist. Of course basic advertising is indispensable.

But she wants something without having to do any marketing. At least that's how this all started. I haven't read much in between.

I figured that would be the case, well you saved me a bunch of time on research, lol

They do have certifications, yes. They are fluff courses to me though, I am taking them just to learn about the subject. It will just be a bonus that you get a certificate too. But practicing herbalism in America is iffy: this explains it better than i can; "In the United States, there is no certifying or licensing body in herbalism like there is for medical doctors, and thus there is no legally recognized certification or licensure for herbalists. Herbalists’ right to practice is protected by their right to free speech under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Herbalists can educate clients on how to use healthful food, lifestyle practices, and herbs to support wellness and correct imbalance so the body can heal itself, but it is illegal for herbalists to treat, cure, and prescribe as medical doctors can."

So I won't be able to have my own practice or business but there are a myriad of ways you can earn money with that knowledge.

Then don't pick something you can't practice and make money at. Its as simple as that. Pick something you can actually make money at.

If the classes are early in the morning - then you find a way. If you really have a sleep disorder - then you can go to bed early --- go to your class, and take another nap when you get home to feel rested. or stay up all night, go to your class, and sleep the rest of the day.

I get it - my ex had sleep apnea. he did a sleep study and got help for that. Maybe he still has it -- but when i knew him he used a machine at night and could sleep without choking. I had trouble sleeping because of a pituitary/thyroid issue and stress - i got help for it. Did you actually get diagnosed as having a sleep disorder and have you done something about it?

If there are a myriad ways you can earn money at it --- then what about doing it? You can make up your own tea mixtures and sell them but you would need a food handling license most likely (and you don't want to get one). Also, you could be sued if you come up with something that is off the beaten path and someone has a bad reaction. But then you need to promote them -- to get yourself out there and market them. If you like cooking, there are people who make fancy cookies for baby showers or cakes at home -- but then again -- you don't want to get a food handling license to market yourself.

I know someone who has their own business and uses a wheelchair. they are paralyzed from the mid torso down and have only use of their elbow in one arm (no use of elbow to fingers) and in one hand they have full use of their hand, but limited range of motion of their arm. They need some help as far as being driven places and getting in the tub but other than that, they don't say they CAN'T do something.

Come on - you are studying things you cannot legitimately make a profession out of. If you were already a certified nutritionist or something i could see how you could use a little of what you have learned and put it into practice but why not really look at something you can make money at?

But she wants something without having to do any marketing. At least that's how this all started. I haven't read much in between.

There are different kinds of marketing and I am ok with the genuine ones that involve the basics of a business and focusing on building relationships.

Then don't pick something you can't practice and make money at. Its as simple as that. Pick something you can actually make money at.

So you're saying not to do something I love. Maybe if I cared more about money than my own happiness, but my soul won't let me do that.

If the classes are early in the morning - then you find a way. If you really have a sleep disorder - then you can go to bed early --- go to your class, and take another nap when you get home to feel rested. or stay up all night, go to your class, and sleep the rest of the day.

I get it - my ex had sleep apnea. he did a sleep study and got help for that. Maybe he still has it -- but when i knew him he used a machine at night and could sleep without choking. I had trouble sleeping because of a pituitary/thyroid issue and stress - i got help for it. Did you actually get diagnosed as having a sleep disorder and have you done something about it?

It isn't like sleep apnea, its not even a sleep disorder technically, it's a circadian rhythm disorder. And it is not curable. You can't just go to bed earlier, your body won't let you. And if you force it to, you will pay the consequences. I had to go to the hospital after a week and a half of getting up early because i was only getting an hour of sleep a night, if I slept at all. And then when the general doctor gave me Ambien, I still didn't sleep because sleep aids do nothing for people with this disorder. and yes I got diagnosed, and like I said, there is nothing you can do about it, no cure. All you can do is sleep when your body wants to sleep and get up when it wants to get up.

If there are a myriad ways you can earn money at it --- then what about doing it?

I didn't finish the class yet, lol I can't really do anything with it until after I actually finish and get the certificate.

Come on - you are studying things you cannot legitimately make a profession out of. If you were already a certified nutritionist or something i could see how you could use a little of what you have learned and put it into practice but why not really look at something you can make money at?

Because like I said, I don't want to do something just for the money, whats the point of trying to find something I love if i'm not going to do something I love?

So you're saying not to do something I love. Maybe if I cared more about money than my own happiness, but my soul won't let me do that.

It isn't like sleep apnea, its not even a sleep disorder technically, it's a circadian rhythm disorder. And it is not curable. You can't just go to bed earlier, your body won't let you. And if you force it to, you will pay the consequences. I had to go to the hospital after a week and a half of getting up early because i was only getting an hour of sleep a night, if I slept at all. And then when the general doctor gave me Ambien, I still didn't sleep because sleep aids do nothing for people with this disorder. and yes I got diagnosed, and like I said, there is nothing you can do about it, no cure. All you can do is sleep when your body wants to sleep and get up when it wants to get up.

I didn't finish the class yet, lol I can't really do anything with it until after I actually finish and get the certificate.

Because like I said, I don't want to do something just for the money, whats the point of trying to find something I love if i'm not going to do something I love?

The bolded is a direct contradiction from what you wrote earlier: "I mean I am passionate about a lot of things but whenever I try to turn my hobbies into a job, that's when I lose interest."

So you want to do something you love, but when you work at something you love, you lose interest.

I really can't figure out what kind of job it is you want.

I mean, it's called work. Not fun. Most of us would not work if we didn't get hungry, need shelter, etc. But we do, so we work.

Excuse number one - you have to love what you do because "my soul won't let me". No, you are choosing your own standard of what is required for you to work for a living. And it's an unrealistic choice. Work is not play. If you love at least a good part of what you do, consider yourself very lucky. And then love your hobbies and activities and whatever you do for leisure time. But please don't blame your "soul". Your choice.

Your sleep rhythm can be changed -there are many books on that as to how to do that gradually -many people do that especially if the goal is to sleep during night time hours (it's harder if you have to work nights and train yourself to sleep when it's light out). You do have a level of control about it if you're willing to put in the work. Again, your choice.

Don't do something "just" for money. Do it partly for money and partly because you enjoy it.

The bolded is a direct contradiction from what you wrote earlier: "I mean I am passionate about a lot of things but whenever I try to turn my hobbies into a job, that's when I lose interest."

I dont think it's a contradiction, both are true...I want to do something I love, and I lose interest when it turns into a job. They're both true, but yeah it makes it hard to get anywhere, hence my problem.

So you want to do something you love, but when you work at something you love, you lose interest.

I really can't figure out what kind of job it is you want.

I can't figure it out either, but I have to keep trying.

I mean, it's called work. Not fun. Most of us would not work if we didn't get hungry, need shelter, etc. But we do, so we work.

But a lot of people love what they do and they don't consider it work. I am trying to get to that point.

I dont think it's a contradiction, both are true...I want to do something I love, and I lose interest when it turns into a job. They're both true, but yeah it makes it hard to get anywhere, hence my problem.

I can't figure it out either, but I have to keep trying.

But a lot of people love what they do and they don't consider it work. I am trying to get to that point.

But "love" is relative -they love it as work and often compartmentalize so "I love what I do" means that I love it as work - it's an attitude, a mindset, that recognizes that part of the reason we work is to make money, either to spend, save, give away, some combination of the three. "They don't consider it work" is rarely true - there's at least part of it that they don't love -they do it as a means to an end because again they have a realistic attitude about work. Take teachers for example. I was a teacher for awhile. I loved what I did with the kids. I didn't love dealing with administration at times. I did not love the salary as I felt I was underpaid for all the hours and energy and stress. But I would have said I loved what I did -meaning-teaching young children - even though I did not love all the aspects of it. Even though yes, cleaning a nosebleed or telling a parent that hitting her kid wasn't a great idea, or teaching cursive writing certainly felt like "work".

I do not think a lot of people "love what they do and don't consider it work" including all aspects of the job and at all times. I think that is very very rare and I don't say that with a negative attitude. And of course it's apples and oranges because often those people have worked many many years before getting their dream job -they've paid their dues, they have a can do attitude, they stick to things, they are willing to work their tails off so when after all that hard work, sweat, tears they achieve their goal -their dream job -it probably doesn't feel like work compared to what they had to do to get there. You haven't done that, right now you don't want to do that -you've made that clear with all your excuses I mean reasons. So I wouldn't look at those people who you believe love what they do and do not consider it work and think that you can achieve that with your current can't do/reasons/excuses/waiting for my inheritance/college and higher education and vocational training are BS....attitude. If you choose to change your attitude and your actions reflect that change you really can get closer to loving what you do.

Excuse number one - you have to love what you do because "my soul won't let me". No, you are choosing your own standard of what is required for you to work for a living. And it's an unrealistic choice. Work is not play. If you love at least a good part of what you do, consider yourself very lucky. And then love your hobbies and activities and whatever you do for leisure time. But please don't blame your "soul". Your choice.

We clearly have very different viewpoints about this. Even the fact that you put the word soul in quotes tells me you don't really believe in a soul or you think it's a silly concept to listen to it. I'm 100% about living from my soul.

Your sleep rhythm can be changed -there are many books on that as to how to do that gradually -many people do that especially if the goal is to sleep during night time hours (it's harder if you have to work nights and train yourself to sleep when it's light out). You do have a level of control about it if you're willing to put in the work. Again, your choice.

People who don't have this disorder can change their sleep rhythm, but people who do have it, can't. Would you let me convince you that if you have a disease or cancer that you can control that and it is your choice to have it or not? Read up on this disorder so the next time you encounter someone who has it, you don't tell them to just change. https://www.circadiansleepdisorders.org/treatments.php

But "love" is relative -they love it as work and often compartmentalize so "I love what I do" means that I love it as work - it's an attitude, a mindset, that recognizes that part of the reason we work is to make money, either to spend, save, give away, some combination of the three. "They don't consider it work" is rarely true - there's at least part of it that they don't love -they do it as a means to an end because again they have a realistic attitude about work. Take teachers for example. I was a teacher for awhile. I loved what I did with the kids. I didn't love dealing with administration at times. I did not love the salary as I felt I was underpaid for all the hours and energy and stress. But I would have said I loved what I did -meaning-teaching young children - even though I did not love all the aspects of it. Even though yes, cleaning a nosebleed or telling a parent that hitting her kid wasn't a great idea, or teaching cursive writing certainly felt like "work".

I do not think a lot of people "love what they do and don't consider it work" including all aspects of the job and at all times. I think that is very very rare and I don't say that with a negative attitude. And of course it's apples and oranges because often those people have worked many many years before getting their dream job -they've paid their dues, they have a can do attitude, they stick to things, they are willing to work their tails off so when after all that hard work, sweat, tears they achieve their goal -their dream job -it probably doesn't feel like work compared to what they had to do to get there. You haven't done that, right now you don't want to do that -you've made that clear with all your excuses I mean reasons. So I wouldn't look at those people who you believe love what they do and do not consider it work and think that you can achieve that with your current can't do/reasons/excuses/waiting for my inheritance/college and higher education and vocational training are BS....attitude. If you choose to change your attitude and your actions reflect that change you really can get closer to loving what you do.

You keep saying that I have the wrong mindset, but I have worked for 30 years, hating most of my jobs and suffering 99% of those years. I worked hard, never called in sick, never been late, always did my job as well as my lazy coworkers jobs, put up with backstabbing, humiliation by bosses, I've endured jobs that gave me panic attacks, I have had jobs where I wasn't even home for 6 weeks at a time. I have had jobs where my shift was 12 hours long. It isn't like I've been avoiding work my whole life. I have almost perfect credit, I've never filed bankruptcy, I owned a house once, and I have never had to borrow money from anyone. I've gotten every job I've interviewed for, and most of my employers told me I was an asset to the business and always told me I'd be missed when I quit. So I get it that we have to work for a living, and I get it that we have to work hard to achieve our dreams. There is nothing wrong with my work ethic. I just want to be happy in a job, that is all. And when you aren't happy, you have to change something and that is what I'm trying to do. I don't understand why I am being judged for that.

I say I love my job. What I mean is, I find it challenging, I feel satisfaction when I accomplish something at work, and I enjoy the pay and the prestige of the position.

However...if I had a way to live comfortably without having to work (say, if I won the Mega Millions), I would quit my job in an instant. Because bottom line, I work because I need food and other things and without my job I'd be hungry, homeless and lack creature comforts. So while I love my job, I'd still quit if I didn't NEED to work.

PS: I don't believe you're being "judged" at all. What people are having difficulty with is your absolute and outright rejection of each and every single suggestion they have put forth. It makes it APPEAR as though you are saying you want to work because you think you have to, but you don't really want to. And we're trying to explain that most often, people work because they have to, not because they're passionately in love with their jobs. And it seems you don't want to accept that you may have to buckle down and work at something you aren't screamingly passionate about just to have money to live.

I say I love my job. What I mean is, I find it challenging, I feel satisfaction when I accomplish something at work, and I enjoy the pay and the prestige of the position.

However...if I had a way to live comfortably without having to work (say, if I won the Mega Millions), I would quit my job in an instant. Because bottom line, I work because I need food and other things and without my job I'd be hungry, homeless and lack creature comforts. So while I love my job, I'd still quit if I didn't NEED to work.

Yeah, I agree. That is why I don't know why people judge me for not wanting to work when really, maybe only 1% of us do.

PS: I don't believe you're being "judged" at all. What people are having difficulty with is your absolute and outright rejection of each and every single suggestion they have put forth.

There were a few ideas that I wrote down on my list to research, the rest of the stuff I have already tried, or can't do for whatever reason (usually my sleep disorder).

It makes it APPEAR as though you are saying you want to work because you think you have to, but you don't really want to. And we're trying to explain that most often, people work because they have to, not because they're passionately in love with their jobs. And it seems you don't want to accept that you may have to buckle down and work at something you aren't screamingly passionate about just to have money to live.

Well of course I don't want to work, I am not denying that, 99% of people don't want to work, I'm sure. And obviously I have accepted it because I have spent the last 30 years working, really hard, I might add. I wasn't able to be around when my dad was dying because I had to work 6 days a week usually 10 hours a day. Since I am single and live alone, all my bills are mine alone so I have always had to work more hours than most people just to get by. My work ethic is not the problem. I am admitting I HAVE to work, that is why I'm trying to find something that works for me. I just started reading the book Unscripted by MJ Demarco and so far he is summing up perfectly how I feel about life and work. I think the description was written by him because it has the same feel as the words; "What If Life Wasn’t About Paying Bills, Working FOR a weekend, and Then Dying? Tired of sleepwalking through a mediocre life bribed by mindless video gaming, redemptive weekends, and a scant paycheck from a soul-suffocating job? Welcome to the SCRIPTED club—where membership is neither perceived or consented. The fact is, ever since you’ve been old enough to sit obediently in a classroom, you have been culturally engineered for servitude, unwittingly enslaved into a Machiavellian system where presumptive rules go unchallenged, sanctified traditions go unquestioned, and lifelong dreams go unfulfilled. As a result, life is hijacked and marginalized into debt, despair, and dependence. Fun fades. Dreams die. Your life’s consolation prize becomes a car and a weekend.Recapture what is yours and make a revolutionary repossession of life-and-liberty’s reins through the pursuit of ENTREPRENEURSHIP. Paradigm shift? Heck, the paradigm doesn’t need a damn shift—it needs to be thrown-out altogether.UNSCRIPTED shows you how to rewrite life’s dream-killing script. Ditch the job, flick Wall-Street the bird, and escape the insanity of trading your life away for a paycheck and an elderly promise called retirement. UNSCRIPT today and lead life—instead of life leading you."

Yeah, I agree. That is why I don't know why people judge me for not wanting to work when really, maybe only 1% of us do.

There were a few ideas that I wrote down on my list to research, the rest of the stuff I have already tried, or can't do for whatever reason (usually my sleep disorder).

Well of course I don't want to work, I am not denying that, 99% of people don't want to work, I'm sure. And obviously I have accepted it because I have spent the last 30 years working, really hard, I might add. I wasn't able to be around when my dad was dying because I had to work 6 days a week usually 10 hours a day. Since I am single and live alone, all my bills are mine alone so I have always had to work more hours than most people just to get by. My work ethic is not the problem. I am admitting I HAVE to work, that is why I'm trying to find something that works for me. I just started reading the book Unscripted by MJ Demarco and so far he is summing up perfectly how I feel about life and work. I think the description was written by him because it has the same feel as the words; "What If Life Wasn’t About Paying Bills, Working FOR a weekend, and Then Dying? Tired of sleepwalking through a mediocre life bribed by mindless video gaming, redemptive weekends, and a scant paycheck from a soul-suffocating job? Welcome to the SCRIPTED club—where membership is neither perceived or consented. The fact is, ever since you’ve been old enough to sit obediently in a classroom, you have been culturally engineered for servitude, unwittingly enslaved into a Machiavellian system where presumptive rules go unchallenged, sanctified traditions go unquestioned, and lifelong dreams go unfulfilled. As a result, life is hijacked and marginalized into debt, despair, and dependence. Fun fades. Dreams die. Your life’s consolation prize becomes a car and a weekend.Recapture what is yours and make a revolutionary repossession of life-and-liberty’s reins through the pursuit of ENTREPRENEURSHIP. Paradigm shift? Heck, the paradigm doesn’t need a damn shift—it needs to be thrown-out altogether.UNSCRIPTED shows you how to rewrite life’s dream-killing script. Ditch the job, flick Wall-Street the bird, and escape the insanity of trading your life away for a paycheck and an elderly promise called retirement. UNSCRIPT today and lead life—instead of life leading you."

I like your insubordinate thinking as I am a rebel myself. Actually I am at the same impasse. If I ever find an answer I will let you know:)

You keep saying that I have the wrong mindset, but I have worked for 30 years, hating most of my jobs and suffering 99% of those years. I worked hard, never called in sick, never been late, always did my job as well as my lazy coworkers jobs, put up with backstabbing, humiliation by bosses, I've endured jobs that gave me panic attacks, I have had jobs where I wasn't even home for 6 weeks at a time. I have had jobs where my shift was 12 hours long. It isn't like I've been avoiding work my whole life. I have almost perfect credit, I've never filed bankruptcy, I owned a house once, and I have never had to borrow money from anyone. I've gotten every job I've interviewed for, and most of my employers told me I was an asset to the business and always told me I'd be missed when I quit. So I get it that we have to work for a living, and I get it that we have to work hard to achieve our dreams. There is nothing wrong with my work ethic. I just want to be happy in a job, that is all. And when you aren't happy, you have to change something and that is what I'm trying to do. I don't understand why I am being judged for that.

You have the wrong attitude mindset about your current goals and how to achieve them IMO -I wasn't referring to whether you did a good job at the job you did not like at the factory. Even the fact that you say "I just want to be happy" as if that's just poof going to come from the sky and then have a litany of excuses about why you can't do this or that or the other thing and how you want to love what you do so much that you don't consider it work and it pays the bills - but without the particular can-do attitude/work ethic it would take to achieve those goals. I'm not commenting at all as to whether you were a good worker and worked hard at the prior job you didn't like. That is a different matter and from all you write those skills -your work ethic back then - are not transferring to your new goal and that, plus your unrealistic demands (IMHO) is not going to get you to your goal.

It's a huge positive that you've worked hard for so many years. Knowing what it is to work hard is great. So, apply it to your new goal instead of a bunch of excuses and tirades against higher education and training, waking up for a 9am type job, and hustling to get your name out there if you want to sell products or services.

I like your insubordinate thinking as I am a rebel myself. Actually I am at the same impasse. If I ever find an answer I will let you know:)

It's all well and good to have insubordinate thinking, dare to be different, etc. And if that person wants to earn a living that person often makes sacrifices and compromises (like the actresses who are servers and barristas, for example) - it's all well and good to rant about working for a large company, or making sweeping generalizations about how humans are sheep-like at school, and that's not going to pay the bills nor is it really contributing to your own growth or to the world. Certainly rebels who are out there trying to make a difference in what they see is wrong - I may not agree - but I see them out there working to make a change in a positive-it's impressive whether or not I agree. Much of what she has written is interesting and motivated far more by wanting an excuse than wanting to make a change. Perhaps she will channel that energy to effect a positive change in all she sees wrong with the world.

If you don't need money asap why not decide what your passion is and do it as an avocation? For example volunteer at someplace that aligns with your interests [organic community garden, eco-friendly, whatever, etc] and see if you like it before you dump money into a start-up that you eventually hate.

The book you are reading, that man is selling ideas. He took time to write them, edit them, market them. And that's not a bad thing , is it? It has value to some people and he's making some money off it.

Millions of sources of inspiration like that. My fiancé and I were recently talking about how so many of the 'anti establishment' folks we knew in our 20s ( in our late 30s now) have become successful entrepreneurs. And we both going in tat direction too, with side businesses that are growing to ( the goal is) full time self employment by the time we hit our 40s. It makes sense because so many of these people have a strong self drive and lots of experience already having propelled their ideas into actions with do it your self philosophy.

You can do almost anything. Just some examples of people I know who turned passion to earning money :

Loved beer. Ventually opened a craft brewery.

Managed bands. Became a social media marketer .

Used to skateboard and making video of it. Started an editing company for adventure sport films.

Loved art. Opened a tattoo shop.

Just examples of top of my head. Inspiration is everywhere.

The book you are reading, that man is selling ideas. He took time to write them, edit them, market them. And that's not a bad thing , is it? It has value to some people and he's making some money off it.

Millions of sources of inspiration like that. My fiancé and I were recently talking about how so many of the 'anti establishment' folks we knew in our 20s ( in our late 30s now) have become successful entrepreneurs. And we both going in tat direction too, with side businesses that are growing to ( the goal is) full time self employment by the time we hit our 40s. It makes sense because so many of these people have a strong self drive and lots of experience already having propelled their ideas into actions with do it your self philosophy.

You can do almost anything. Just some examples of people I know who turned passion to earning money :

Loved beer. Ventually opened a craft brewery.

Managed bands. Became a social media marketer .

Used to skateboard and making video of it. Started an editing company for adventure sport films.

Loved art. Opened a tattoo shop.

Just examples of top of my head. Inspiration is everywhere.

I love these examples and it shows that you don't have to pursue a traditional path. But it still requires making sacrifices and compromises and likely fine tuning your list of "I can't" and removing some of them entirely, for your ultimate goal. The great thing is it is all within your control as long as you're willing to take a hard look at what you claim is not in your control to change.

It's a huge positive that you've worked hard for so many years. Knowing what it is to work hard is great. So, apply it to your new goal instead of a bunch of excuses and tirades against higher education and training, waking up for a a 9am type job, and hustling to get your name out there if you want to sell products or services.

You continue to pass them off as excuses so we will never see eye to eye on this. And also, my goal will be changed if I approached it from your perspective. It's MY goal so I have to achieve it MY way.

Archived