Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Twenty Facts About You

mylolita

Doing this for fun to see if I can think of some cool facts about myself:

1. My real name is not Leila

2. I hate my username.I created it at a whim because I didn't think that I would be ever back on this forum.

3. I have a bachelors degree in criminal justice and international affairs.

4. I am currently pursuing a graduate degree in adolescent mental health and behavior.

5. My favorite books are "Run Boy, Run" and "From the Corner of his Eye"

6. I was 10 years old when I came to the United States.

7. I am an only child.

8. I am from southeastern Europe and I survived a civil war.

9. My goal after completing my graduate degree is to join the Peace Corps.

10. I volunteer at a local elementary school. I help 1st and 2nd graders improve their reading skills.

11. I have an obsession with chicken wings and sushi.

12. The person I admire the most is my grandmother.

13. My favorite place to visit in the United States is Nashville, Tennessee.

14. I like listening to country blues.

15. I love interior decorating, make up and perfume.

16. My favorite clothing item is my Johnny Cash Tennessee State Flag Logo Work Shirt.

17. I live in a state that surrounded by water, so I love going canoeing and swimming.

18. I can make the best chicken wings that you have ever tasted in your life and the best cheesecake.

19. I love cats and otters.

20. I have never watched Ghostbusters or E.T.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I am Irish-Italian, so yes I talk with my hands and have a temper.

2. Where I live it's not a matter of will you, but when you will be charged for International shipping or denied some purchase, because "we don't ship internationally" even though yes New Mexico is in the United States.

3. Hatch chile season is its own holiday here in New Mexico and I celebrate it happily.

4. I am a very good shot with a crossbow and in clay pigeon shooting.

5. And yet the only thing I shoot animals with is a camera.

6. I am trained in search and rescue and have done them before when some hiker inevitably forgets most of New Mexico is NOT civilized.

7. I rescue animals as well, because people who suck drop them off on the highway close to my house on a too regular basis.

8. I am a redneck woman and yes Gretchen Wilson is my muse.

9. People always freak when the person in the cowboy hat driving the huge black pickup truck with the grille guard in front and the tow winch on the back gets out and it's a small blonde woman. I love that.

10. My mare owns me, everyone else must deal with this accordingly or suffer her squeals and nips. She is a very jealous mistress who is only tolerant of my husband and my youngest son, because well even she knows not to push it with them.

11. I wanted to be a lawyer or a therapist at one time, went to school for both, found out I would make a terrible either as I cannot remain neutral well enough to truly be of benefit to any would-be clients.

12. This summer I had to put together an evacuation plan, because a fire got out of control in New Mexico close to where I live and wasn't easily contained for days. The smell of smoke still makes my stomach drop.

13. It is not all Breaking Bad and desert out here although New Mexico does have a dark side living side by side with the beauty. It is definitely a state of outlaws and artists coexisting sometimes peacefully side by side, sometimes not.

14. Lightning terrifies me, because 6 family members have been struck by it. I always feel like I'm next.

15. I have narrowly escaped three flash floods in my life, all in the New Mexico desert. Drowning in a desert, not the way I ever plan to go but a distinct possibility out here.

16. I am dead set against horse racing, because I consider it inhumane and I know what it does to the horses.

17. When I was a teenager I would have been a goth girl had that been a thing in my day.

18. Zombies versus Plants is my number one stress reliever.

19. I love a good margarita or wine, but will only ever have one glass.

20. The need for time alone is not a nice thing for me, it's a necessity like breathing air or eating. I fall easily into depression and despair if I don't get it.

1. I was born in Cuba

2. My favorite color is light blue

3. My favorite perfume is Dolce Gabbana Light blue

4. I wanted to work at the CIA or FBI, always with the idea in mind to serve the country that have given a future to all my family and friends that immigrated here years ago.

5. I also wanted to be a clinical psychologist, but time and life circumstances move me out my track

6. My favorite book is The Perfume

7. My favorite sport is swimming

8. I like painting and photography, reading and writing

9. I love Criminal Minds, Quantize, Elementary, CSI, Dr. House, The blacklist and all the tv show around medicine or governmental activities.

10. I believe in love until my husband of almost 20 years betrayed me with a co-worker, it took me for surprise

11. I do not like liars

12. My family is the most important thing in my life

13. I am friend until the end of times, for good and bad times

14. I love museum and theaters, country and classical music

15. I am movie addict

16. I am hopeless romantic

17. I am in love with an impossible

18. I am very sentimental

19. I am scared of frogs and snakes

20. I love fashion and design

lol, I like this thread, here is mine...

1. I am an actual musician. I play guitar, bass, drums, and write and product several genres of music, including metal, EDM, pop, and punk.

2. I once turned down an open and all-expenses paid invitation to the Playboy Mansion.

3. My religious beliefs, I am a "spiritual agnostic".

4. I'm a former state and national champion of martial arts and have a black belt.

5. Besides martial arts, I am absolutely terrible at all sports and couldn't throw a ball straight if my life depended on it.

6. I have around 900~ hours of playtime into the video game "Kerbal Space Program".

7. I'm a former, pro-Counter Strike GO player. I unintentionally got so good at the game I nearly got into the global elite ranks to play in international tournaments.

8. Has anyone seen the Volvo commercial where Jean Claude Van Damme does the split between the trucks? I know how it was done from an insider. NOT giving the secret away.

9. I create the animations/production titles for certain big screen movies. I've worked with Hollywood for many years.

10. I absolutely love dogs (have one) and would sell a limb to save a dog.

11. I'm a hardcore Trekkie and have watched every episode of every Star Trek series ever made (thousands of episodes) and have been to conventions.

12. I'm a programmer and know 8 programming languages inside and out.

13. I was a failure in high school but expect to graduate with an above 3.0 GPA from a state college soon.

14. I'm 26 and never hand an actual job of employment; I've been a contractor since 15 years old and have made enough money to take over my parents house, by myself a car, and put myself through college.

15. I love movies and television. I will watch anything from science fiction to a romantic comedy.

16. I joined ENA five years ago when my long term girlfriend left me for a woman. I'm over her but the breakup has scarred me.

17. I love sexuality and have studied sexuality in college; I will not date someone who won't have sex before marriage.

18. I am a romantic guy and believe love trumps all, I think everyone regarding of the gender/sexuality/ethnicity/background deserves a chance with someone.

19. I'm a hobbyist astronomer and I have vast knowledge of the universe and how we can travel the stars. I wrote a highly-praised scientific paper on the possibilities of life on Europa in college.

20. I am an entirely fearless person not afraid to try anything; in the past two years, I've re-shingled a roof, did frame reconstruction on my car, rewired and remodeled half my house with zero former experience in any of those fie

1. I love being a single mom because it affords me great intimacy with my kids

2. The last time I had a job for which I am qualified in the traditional manner of education etc was... Never.

3. I have traded my retirement for my children's education and am glad I did.

4. I do not have cable, for years did not have a tv.

5. Music is ever present.

6. I have seen Marilyn Manson in concert twice. Spent yesterday listening to French horn and to Beethovens piano sonatas.

7. Each doctor who diagnosed me for ADHD was certain of the conclusion before I was done talking.

8. I have, in many respects, the personality profile of a man.

9. Yesterday, I identified someone's Myers Briggs personality type as soon as she sat at the table. I asked her, I was right.

10. I often know how to excel at something and lack the time (it seems to me) to do it.

11. Being a single mom is the most stressful, loneliest, hardest job I've ever had and I really need help.

12. I like my food raw.

13. I wear the same size I wore 25 years ago.

14. I hate sunscreen.

15. I would sleep outdoors if I could.

16. I once fell in love with a guy for whom I had to shovel snow, because I had physical strength he didn't. I tell myself I'll never do that again. Turns out it's hard to find love when I sort by body type!

17. I make a fantastic spanakopita but can't find a recipe I like for taramasalata.

18. I like small cars, and fast cars, and useful cars. My actual car is so small my friends have given it a nickname. I have used it to carry construction materials including lumber, drywall, and ceramics.

19. I have bought shoes for myself at the children's shoe store. More than once.

20. In college once, I drank 8 shots of tequila, went to the party and had a beer, was bored, went home and went to sleep. I say this to others because it's incredible. To me, it's scary. Finding my limits has never been easy.

1)- I have a 15 y/o son that I love to death

2) I'm captain of a 205' crew boat in the oilfield

3) I have a 10 month old black lab that I'd rather spend time with than any other human other than my son

4) I drive my dream truck - Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd crew cab 4x4 lifted w/ mud grips

5) favorite bow- Mathews Chills

6) favorite deer rifle- my Browning A-bolt White gold medallion topped w/ a Meopta Mropro bc I gave my louepould to my son for his rifle

7) Duck/goose/dove gun- Benelli Super Vinci w/ a 28" barrel and Indian Creek modified choke

8) trail cam addict- I'm running 15 right now adding more when I get home

9) I have a decoy habit, I've got close to 60 dozen duck and goose decoys

10) favorite camo pattern is shadow grass

11) I hunt morel mushrooms in the spring

12) I hunt gensing in the fall

13) I'm single and will be for a good long while

14) want more ink

15) love working on my duck boat

16) have a wide variety in tastes on music

17) fireball whiskey is the best in my opinion

18) I own 5 pair of shoes all of them boots

19) I'm starting an outfitting company

20) 25 more years in the oil patch and I'm done

lol, I like this thread, here is mine...

1. I am an actual musician. I play guitar, bass, drums, and write and product several genres of music, including metal, EDM, pop, and punk.

2. I once turned down an open and all-expenses paid invitation to the Playboy Mansion.

3. My religious beliefs, I am a "spiritual agnostic".

4. I'm a former state and national champion of martial arts and have a black belt.

5. Besides martial arts, I am absolutely terrible at all sports and couldn't throw a ball straight if my life depended on it.

6. I have around 900~ hours of playtime into the video game "Kerbal Space Program".

7. I'm a former, pro-Counter Strike GO player. I unintentionally got so good at the game I nearly got into the global elite ranks to play in international tournaments.

8. Has anyone seen the Volvo commercial where Jean Claude Van Damme does the split between the trucks? I know how it was done from an insider. NOT giving the secret away.

9. I create the animations/production titles for certain big screen movies. I've worked with Hollywood for many years.

10. I absolutely love dogs (have one) and would sell a limb to save a dog.

11. I'm a hardcore Trekkie and have watched every episode of every Star Trek series ever made (thousands of episodes) and have been to conventions.

12. I'm a programmer and know 8 programming languages inside and out.

13. I was a failure in high school but expect to graduate with an above 3.0 GPA from a state college soon.

14. I'm 26 and never hand an actual job of employment; I've been a contractor since 15 years old and have made enough money to take over my parents house, by myself a car, and put myself through college.

15. I love movies and television. I will watch anything from science fiction to a romantic comedy.

16. I joined ENA five years ago when my long term girlfriend left me for a woman. I'm over her but the breakup has scarred me.

17. I love sexuality and have studied sexuality in college; I will not date someone who won't have sex before marriage.

18. I am a romantic guy and believe love trumps all, I think everyone regarding of the gender/sexuality/ethnicity/background deserves a chance with someone.

19. I'm a hobbyist astronomer and I have vast knowledge of the universe and how we can travel the stars. I wrote a highly-praised scientific paper on the possibilities of life on Europa in college.

20. I am an entirely fearless person not afraid to try anything; in the past two years, I've re-shingled a roof, did frame reconstruction on my car, rewired and remodeled half my house with zero former experience in any of those fie

Musicman, you and I have tons in common! I'm so surprised to hear more about you.

1)- I have a 15 y/o son that I love to death

2) I'm captain of a 205' crew boat in the oilfield

3) I have a 10 month old black lab that I'd rather spend time with than any other human other than my son

4) I drive my dream truck - Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd crew cab 4x4 lifted w/ mud grips

5) favorite bow- Mathews Chills

6) favorite deer rifle- my Browning A-bolt White gold medallion topped w/ a Meopta Mropro bc I gave my louepould to my son for his rifle

7) Duck/goose/dove gun- Benelli Super Vinci w/ a 28" barrel and Indian Creek modified choke

8) trail cam addict- I'm running 15 right now adding more when I get home

9) I have a decoy habit, I've got close to 60 dozen duck and goose decoys

10) favorite camo pattern is shadow grass

11) I hunt morel mushrooms in the spring

12) I hunt gensing in the fall

13) I'm single and will be for a good long while

14) want more ink

15) love working on my duck boat

16) have a wide variety in tastes on music

17) fireball whiskey is the best in my opinion

18) I own 5 pair of shoes all of them boots

19) I'm starting an outfitting company

20) 25 more years in the oil patch and I'm done

My fave is number 18.

What are these things? Plants or animals?

Also - there's more than one camo pattern??

Yup, there are lots of camo patterns. Each military has its own version of digital camo. And actually the Canadian Forces was the first to issue digital camo to their military. I was there for that rollout I thought it was gross... Lol.

Ok, why not? I'm in on this sh*t:

1. I'm left handed.

2. I sometimes have road rage.

3. I have a bit of a stocky build.

4. I'm Italian and Hispanic.

5. I speak very fast.

6. I walk very fast and with purpose.

7. I love Reddi Whip.

8. I hate avocado and guacamole.

9. I have one sibling (I am the oldest).

10. I love 80's music.

11. I can grow a sick beard (am doing so now).

12. My hair is straight, but a bit wavy, dark brown.

13. I have dimples (but one is more apparent).

14. I'm always hungry/thinking about my next meal.

15. I love animals.

16. I still struggle with comparing myself to others.

17. I've been told I would have made an amazing masseuse and therapist (different people/different occasions).

18. I possess above average intelligence, but I'm even more hard-working.

19. I used to be an avid gamer.

20. Once you've got me - I'm very loyal and giving. But I no longer take sh*t from people.

1. I'm 26 years old and only just now figuring out where I want my life to go.

2. I've never done recreational drugs and have never been tempted to try.

3. I was once disciplined at work for "appearing too sincere".

4. I don't really have any sympathy or patience for people that claim they are unable to find work.

5. I hate my job... but I love the field I'm working in.

6. I've been told I assume too much and hold people to unfairly high standards.

7. I honestly believe that people want to be good and do the right thing.

8. I am a gamer and always will be.

9. My mother is the only person in my life I have ever fully trusted.

10. I have fought with depression for over 15 years and I still feel like a failure for not being able to make it through on my own.

11. I'm not spiritual, but I have faith that things will work out in the end and some things happen for a reason.

12. I love discussing sex and the physical and emotional ties that men & women have to it.

13. Dislike talking about politics and some religious topics.

14. There is good karma and bad karma.

15. I don't know what happens after death and I don't really have anything I believe in about it.

16. I am starting to appreciate my own qualities.

17. I first had sex at age 20 and I'm so grateful I waited til I was more mature.

18. I feel cheated out of sexual experiences that a lot of people my age have already had.

19. I genuinely don't hate anyone.

20. I have become real life friends with people I met through here and I'm grateful for it every day.

1. I'm 26 years old and only just now figuring out where I want my life to go.

2. I've never done recreational drugs and have never been tempted to try.

3. I was once disciplined at work for "appearing too sincere".

4. I don't really have any sympathy or patience for people that claim they are unable to find work.

5. I hate my job... but I love the field I'm working in.

6. I've been told I assume too much and hold people to unfairly high standards.

7. I honestly believe that people want to be good and do the right thing.

8. I am a gamer and always will be.

9. My mother is the only person in my life I have ever fully trusted.

10. I have fought with depression for over 15 years and I still feel like a failure for not being able to make it through on my own.

11. I'm not spiritual, but I have faith that things will work out in the end and some things happen for a reason.

12. I love discussing sex and the physical and emotional ties that men & women have to it.

13. Dislike talking about politics and some religious topics.

14. There is good karma and bad karma.

15. I don't know what happens after death and I don't really have anything I believe in about it.

16. I am starting to appreciate my own qualities.

17. I first had sex at age 20 and I'm so grateful I waited til I was more mature.

18. I feel cheated out of sexual experiences that a lot of people my age have already had.

19. I genuinely don't hate anyone.

20. I have become real life friends with people I met through here and I'm grateful for it every day.

Lol appearing too sincere. Oh for petes sakes.

20 facts? Yikes, that's a lot, well, I'll give this a go.

1. I'm 26.

2. I live in the Northeast USA, with very cold, snow-filled winters.

3. I drive a stick shift and love it.

4. I love music and almost always have it on in the background when I am able to get away with it. I live on Spotify.

5. I watch loads of crime shows and follow certain court cases/appeal processes in the media if I'm interested.

6. I enjoy a cigar a couple times a year. Love the taste.

7. My walls are filled with framed classical artwork, mostly replicas but some original stuff. I have run out of wall space and this makes me sad.

8. I always put powdered cinnamon in my coffee.

9. My favourite season is autumn.

10. I'm a carnivore - beef, pork (bacon, sausage), chicken, fish, shrimp, it's all good! Eggs too.

11. I work in healthcare and overall, I enjoy it.

12. I'm sterilized! "None and done!"

13. Playstation > XBox, and this is one of the ways I unwind.

14. I am close with my intermediate family.

15. I studied classical languages all through college, in addition to my major.

16. I don't handle emotions well and tend to shut down when overwhelmed and withdraw, which is why some people have called me "cold". It is not that I don't feel, I do feel and deeply, I just don't like to express it or think about it.

17. I dream every night. Sometimes good dreams, sometimes bad, but they are always vivid.

18. I am not religious, I am no longer spiritual at the moment. I believe I will make some worms very happy someday and I hope some of my carbon will make a nice tree.

19. I am a bit of a misanthrope which I find both annoying and comforting at different times.

20. I'm doing my best to live authentically and in a way that maximizes my personal happiness and reduces stress. This is easier said than done.

I was counseled once because I didn't say hi to my boss when I walked in every day?

(I don't care for most women bosses for this reason. Oh yah, I am one)

Oh my God.

I was counseled once because I "made someone upset". I was confused - how? Apparently, when I told someone something they didn't want to hear, and they got upset. It wasn't criticism. I was reporting on something to them that I was required to report to them but that thing that I was reporting was bad news. So they got upset and complained. I got counselled but my boss told me not to worry about it, she knew I didn't do anything wrong.

But yeah...I don't know, that's just crazy to me..

My boss had repeat herself 3x when she told me why I was being counselled. I think I said twice "I'm sorry, I still don't understand why I am here."

People get offended over things sometimes that I just simply don't understand and even when its explained to me sometimes, I'm STILL friggin confused.

Archived