Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Twenty Facts About You

mylolita

Where to start lol.

1. Ireland is my country of origin though I have lived abroad all my life

2. I've never done recreational drugs or any and have never been tempted to try (nod to WL)

3. Not religious. "I don't know, and..neither do you" is a good slogan.

4. Will not enter discussions about politics or religion, and less so at the dining table.

5. My life is and has been immensely interesting and eventful.

6. I am fair-haired, grey eyes, slim build. Practical, tough, kind, intuitive.

7. Both my parents are deceased. I miss them a lot.

8. I love life, there is something new to be discovered each day.

9. Loathe it when people talk incoherent nonsense.

10. Hard working, for sure

11. Love good music. Love to dance.

12. Love good food, fresh food, particularly sea-food of all kinds.

13. "Fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee" L.

14. I am a cat person

15. Like to watch what are called thrillers/supernatural movies now and then. Rarely watch T.V. Soaps...ugh!

Can't think of anything else right now.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Jonny is not my real name.

2. Steak is my favorite food.

3. I am the youngest of 2 children.

4. I have no children of my own.

5. My favorite type of film is horror.

6. I prefer cats over dogs.

7. I'm 5'7.

8. MY favorite sports team is the St. Louis Cardinals.

9. I do not drink nor have I ever been drunk, due to my hating the taste of alcohol.

10. I have ADD badly.

11. I'm an atheist.

12. I hate bitter food.

13. I've never spent the night outside of my state.

14. Never been on an airplane.

15. I'm very scared of snakes.

16. I wear glasses.

17. Not counting cook outs or birthdays, I've never been to a party before.

18. I've never been high before.

19. I've never had sex before.

20. I have brown hair.

I think I ran out of things with number 20. LOL

And yes, I had to look through others posts to get some ideas. 20 things is a lot to think about in a short time span for my slow self.

Perhaps, WithLove.

I have always enjoyed myself hugely without any crutch. Dear lord, we partied hard, enjoyed ourselves (still do heh heh) but no need for a "leg up".

I have always said the same about myself. Nonetheless, spent a few months as a teen and a few months as a college student dabbling beyond alcohol. Now, I seem to drink less than most everyone I know, and certainly nothing else enters my physiology.

Got on caffeine at doctors recommendation, but am thinking to get back off again. Caffeine / cortisol. I think I'm better without it.

ITIC. I am not much of a drinker. Champagne is my tipple! Hey. I only drink with food/dinner. Perhaps a glass of wine.

Just one coffee a day, in the morning. "Starter fluid". Need it to become human. Once I used to drink a lot more coffee.

I eat very healthy food, don't like sweet stuff, don't even like chocolate and besides it gives me a headache.

As someone who drinks about once a week (usually just 1 drink) and has danced with Mary....I think you guys are smart not to partake. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it and no regrets, but it's not something that you're going to miss at the end of your life or anything. It doesn't add meaning; it's just fun. And because it's just fun, I don't think anyone should be pressured to try or do it if they don't want to. It's not some pre-requisite to adulthood. And frankly, I know too many who spend far too much.

As someone who drinks about once a week (usually just 1 drink) and has danced with Mary....I think you guys are smart not to partake. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it and no regrets, but it's not something that you're going to miss at the end of your life or anything. It doesn't add meaning; it's just fun. And because it's just fun, I don't think anyone should be pressured to try or do it if they don't want to. It's not some pre-requisite to adulthood. And frankly, I know too many who spend far too much.

I actually had a small little bit of weed when I was in high school. Bought it for 5 dollar. I had no rolling papers. So I tried to use writing paper. LOL It was a total failure. LOL

Thing is, Jonny, many people are not concerned about the taste, (you could give them surgical spirits or methylated), but the effect is what they are after. Get deadly drunk.

I get that. I just don't see how anyone can get past the taste. Also, the hangover afterwards does not sound appealing at all.

I'm pretty comfortable with not partaking as a lifestyle-choice. I do worry that not drinking lessens my romantic options since drinking seems to be such a big part of socializing for most people.

A lot of people seem to need the "Dutch courage" that drink provides, TMifune. I just don't understand this need to get hammered in order to have a "good time".

If I got drunk around a group of people, i'd probably just end up making a fool of myself and regretting it for the rest of my life.

I'm pretty comfortable with not partaking as a lifestyle-choice. I do worry that not drinking lessens my romantic options since drinking seems to be such a big part of socializing for most people.

I think you'll be okay as long as you make a point to choose people who don't center their social life around drinking. Heck, I enjoy a drink or two and I really don't like to be around people who drink a lot and go out to bars a lot because bars are boring and drinks are expensive. There are simply better ways to spend your time. Just have to find the people who feel the same.

I cut alcohol out of my life for a year (post abdominal surgery) and was all sorts of worried that I would be "left out" but it turns out, I had friends who weren't lame and while they drank sometimes, they didn't care that I didn't, and everything was fine.

I think people who are bothered by someone not drinking probably has some insecurity issues with their own drinking habits, but that's just my take.

Hermes,

Drinking to get drunk seems to be popular among teenage and college kids. I don't have anyone in my life who still does that at my age (26) although I'm SURE that there are people who exist out there who do. For me, it really is about the taste. My boyfriend has a small collection of single malt scotches and bourbons which to me, are gross, they smell like campfires. He drinks them rarely (expensive) but when he does, it's like 2 oz and he savors it and doesn't even get tipsy.

I prefer clear spirits. I like vodka and gin. I hate beer and scotch. I recently switched to a Japanese spirit called Ty Ku Citrus. I keep a bottle at home. I like to enjoy it chilled with a little lime juice. It has a low alcohol content which is why I buy it - I like that I can have a small glass and not feel that tipsy so I can concentrate on other things, like playing games with friends.

My boyfriend's brother is the classic "drink to get drunk" type. It disgusts me. The beer he prefers is pure swill.

I don't drink anything that I don't like the taste of! Yuck.

ITIC. I am not much of a drinker. Champagne is my tipple! Hey. I only drink with food/dinner. Perhaps a glass of wine.

Just one coffee a day, in the morning. "Starter fluid". Need it to become human. Once I used to drink a lot more coffee.

I eat very healthy food, don't like sweet stuff, don't even like chocolate and besides it gives me a headache.

Honestly, I have researched sugar addiction. Fudgie helped me with that thinking a long time back. Sugar is an addiction I never have kicked. I have controlled it, but never left it behind. If I lived alone, I would keep virtually nothing sweet in the house, nor a television. Both are beyond my capacity to manage responsibly. I look forward to kicking sugar's sweet arse one day.

On the drinking theme that has emerged, I offer:

1) Drinking to do anything, relax, have fun, gain social courage -- to me, all of that implies using a drug to achieve a behavioral modification. That is my personal standard for alcoholism. Always has been, even when I drank a lot.

2) I often drink some kind of carbonated water when I am out; club soda, seltzer, sparkling. If I am in a group where drinking is part of the activity, which is rare but happens on big birthdays and the like, I order seltzer with olives. Its cheap, I like the flavor, I need the hydration, and others think its vodka and don't hassle me (not that they would, who knows). This helps me feel like I am part of the group, because my drink doesn't stand out or attract attention.

3) I couldn't care less whether my dates drink. I care a lot if they drink too much, and I see that often my sense of too much is someone else's sense of a daily after work habit. A glass of wine a day is like having a piece of angel food cake. Why would I do that to myself?

4) I have begun to drink a little more, in part, because I like having enough tolerance to have a glass of wine and maybe two. I almost never drink at home unless I am entertaining. I think about it. And then I get a hot tea. Same diff.

I agree ITIC.

Most of the people I know drink socially, do not get drunk, and they don't care whether I drink or not, and I am my own boss anyhow heh heh.

I don't much like spirits, but our Irish whiskey is good, and there is a beverage known as "hot whiskey" which on a cold snowy day would warm your heart.

(whiskey, sugar or honey to taste, a slice of lemon with a few cloves stuck in it, and boiling water).

A good whiskey is Bushmills - Black Bush.

I agree ITIC.

Most of the people I know drink socially, do not get drunk, and they don't care whether I drink or not, and I am my own boss anyhow heh heh.

I don't much like spirits, but our Irish whiskey is good, and there is a beverage known as "hot whiskey" which on a cold snowy day would warm your heart.

(whiskey, sugar or honey to taste, a slice of lemon with a few cloves stuck in it, and boiling water).

A good whiskey is Bushmills - Black Bush.

Ah, my Slush served me that Hot whiskey last winter, indeed! Was lovely!

Archived